A week in and a few questions!

Hiya,

am a week in now (hooray! I did it!) and have a few questions, some a bit personal so apologies.

I'm on the pill but having some breakthrough bleeding, I'm aware VLCDs can cause this but should I stop taking my pill to allow it or continue them?

Also I have heard VLCDs can cause constipation but I'm having the opposite effect! Is this normal?

I'm still hungry at times, does ketosis kick this completely? or is it normal to still feel hungry at times? I just drink water or coke zero at these times.

I have keto sticks from the doctors and I'm getting a nice light purple result (bit darker first thing as not drank all night) I'm not doing them regularly, just as an odd reassurance.

I've not weighed myself yet, I've just bought scales online so my first weigh in will be when they arrive.

Last time I did this I got to day 5 weighed in, hadn't lost an ounce and just packed it in so am avoiding weigh in for as long as I can really!

Feels very different this time, its like somethings just 'clicked' and I'm ready :)

Good luck everyone and hope you are all having a lovely day x

Hi Kitty, well done getting through your first week! It gets easier from here :)

Just continue with your pill, you'll be fine. I've been in the same situation, sends me a bit all over the place but does calm down and even out.

It does seem normal to have that effect too though thankfully I've not experienced it. I know there were a few people posting about it before, maybe have a search, I'll see if I can find it too to see how they stopped it.

Ketosis reduces hunger but it doesn't go away completely, there will still be moments of hunger. You also have to ask yourself the question are you really hungry? I know there have been times I've sat thinking I'm hungry but actually I'm not, I have a craving or I'm bored or even just thirsty. Sometime it's hard to know the difference! I wouldn't worry too much about the keto sticks, it'll all show on the scales and so they're not that important really.

I wish I could stay away from scales, I'm addicted to them! Think you've got a really good attitude towards it all. You should measure yourself as well, there may be weeks where the scales stay the same but you'll lose inches. The scales like to be deceitful sometimes!

Good luck with the rest of your journey :) How much do you want to lose?

Hiya,

am a week in now (hooray! I did it!) and have a few questions, some a bit personal so apologies.

I'm on the pill but having some breakthrough bleeding, I'm aware VLCDs can cause this but should I stop taking my pill to allow it or continue them?

Also I have heard VLCDs can cause constipation but I'm having the opposite effect! Is this normal?

I'm still hungry at times, does ketosis kick this completely? or is it normal to still feel hungry at times? I just drink water or coke zero at these times.

I have keto sticks from the doctors and I'm getting a nice light purple result (bit darker first thing as not drank all night) I'm not doing them regularly, just as an odd reassurance.

I've not weighed myself yet, I've just bought scales online so my first weigh in will be when they arrive.

Last time I did this I got to day 5 weighed in, hadn't lost an ounce and just packed it in so am avoiding weigh in for as long as I can really!

Feels very different this time, its like somethings just 'clicked' and I'm ready :)

Good luck everyone and hope you are all having a lovely day x

Hey hunny well done on completing your first week!!

Cant really comment on the pill as I don't take it but the constipation/diarrhoea I've had both *blush* ha. My first week I didn't seem to be off the toilet but after that I slowed right down to like twice a week. Include alcohol in that factor and I'm back to where I was in week one haha.

Ketosis doesn't stop you being hungry completely. Sometimes you're not hungry though, just thirsty so just keep doing what you're doing already by way of drinking a but extra. You'll usually find 20 minutes or so after drinking you're not hungry anymore.

If you've not weighed yet and know that you'll feel disheartened if the number isn't what you're expecting my advice would be to not weigh. I was the same, if I saw a 2lbs loss (which is actually amazing for week) I'd think 'sack it' and start cheating. Same if I had cheated and saw a bigger number I'd carry in cheating because I thought I could get away with it. When I restarted properly in January I decided not to weigh at all. To stop me cheating and to stop me feeling like giving up. It really worked for me. I saw 20lbs off when I stood on the scales 5 weeks in, so if you can, try not to weigh as often.

Glad that its clicked with you and you sound in a lovely positive frame of mind which I think is what helps you succeed at this diet. All the best of luck to you hunny, hope some of what I've said helps xx

Well done for getting through the first week. Constipation and diarrhea are both normal and most of us flit between the two- it settle down after a few weeks. I also got very windy. I have restarted again after a 6week break (where I maintained!) and I am windy and unpredictable loo wise again :(.

As for the break through bleeding, carry on taking your pill and stop when you should. I am on a mini pill and don't get periods with it but got some bleeding last stint on sns, I asked my practice nurse and she said it's fine just keep taking my pill, but to remember that diarrhea can make the pill ineffectual!

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks for the replies. Ran out of bars so all milkshakes today :(

Stomachs calmed down a bit I really want to weigh myself now but have to wait till scales arrive.

Back