A Weigh of Life

Good luck! Not sure I could resist the wares of a cake maker!

Well done on your loss minus3.5. I am going through similar feelings as you at the mo especially with my jeans!! I have loads of size 14's in my wardrobe and they are still too tight I want to burn my size 16's and I hate them for still fitting me!! You are right in the support you get from this site, it really is my lifeline and just like a massive sw group. The only support I get is on this site, I don't go to a class. I come on here every day mainly to read posts and give myself motivation to carry on. Every time i feel like pigging out I look at the before and after pics and look forward to the day I am an "after" lol!!

Keep up the good work 4 lbs to go for your mini target is definately doable. You can do it xxx

Thank you so much Pinkie. The good wishes from other fans really does mean a lot to all of us. We're only 2 wins away from getting Wimbledon back into the league - the one thing the FA said was "not in the wider interests of football". Hopefully this is the year we show them

Just starting to recover form the first leg of the semis yesterday. 6 hours each way on a coach to Fleetwood (nr Blackpool) which was painful but made all the better by the fact we came away 2-0 up.
2nd leg on Wednesday night at home. Not over confident so far but the boys played the best I have ever seen them play last night so cautiously optimistic.

12 hours stuck in a coach meant my diet went to absolute pot yesterday - but I have 4 days to redeem myself before weigh in. I'm hitting superspeed city.

Not eaten a huge amount today so far as I've been delivering balloons for my mum and trying to nap and catch up on the fact I got home at a little after 4am this morning.

Diet so far:

Breakfast: Ready brek (1x Hex B) and banana. (milk from 1/2 Hex A)

Lunch (on run): Uncle Ben's mushroom rice. (2.5 syns)

Snacks: Roast chicken mug shot. Monster munch (5.5 syns)

Up to 8 syns already so need to watch that as we're having Tesco Meat free burgers for dinner and they're 1.5 each. Will have that with homemade chips, fried eggs (fry light) and piles of baked beans.

Need to up my superspeed fruits if I'm going to hit the 4lb in three weeks target.

Zxx

Oh oh oh oh - I completely forgot my BIG news.......

Not having made it to the shops yet and getting very fed up with constantly hoiking my jeans up I rummaged through my bags and bags of clothes for all those jeans I've bought previously with the intention of "slimming into". As well as all the size 18s I wasn't sure of the cut of or just couldn't be bothered to take back if I didn't like them (I'm VERY bad for this with clothes)

ALL the 18s are massive on me now and the 16s are fitting perfectly. So it's definitely not a case of me having stretched the size 16 jeans I had been forcing myself into and making them baggy.

I now officialliy have a size 16 jeans bottom.

WHOOP WHOOP

ALL the 18s are massive on me now and the 16s are fitting perfectly. So it's definitely not a case of me having stretched the size 16 jeans I had been forcing myself into and making them baggy.

I now officialliy have a size 16 jeans bottom.

WHOOP WHOOP

I hate you Zoe . . . well not really.

Size 16 is my first major clothes target and as I said elsewhere, I can get 1 pair of jeans on that are a 16 but boy are they tight and seriously push the rolls up and out. LOL . . .

Well done girl! Lookin' Good!

Busy busy busy yet again. Mumford and Sons did a benefit gig for our football club yesterday and I was a 'gopher' for the day. Which involved a million stairs and lots of running about (my room was on the 3rd floor theirs on the ground - god my legs ache). Still, one of the best days I've ever had.

So, following on from my size 16 jeans I have a new top from Tesco (classy, moi?) that is a size 14 - not totally unsurprising as I've always been a fair bit smaller on top than bottom - and as it's vest straps I don't have to contend with sleeves meeting bingo wings.

So, here's a little exclusive for you. I bought the dress for my big do on 28th May ages ago from ebay. It was a size 18. When it arrived it was tad a big which didn't worry me too much as I'd only paid £15 for it and I have a friend who's a dressmaker and knew she could take it in.
I went to her last Thursday so she could tell me how long it would take and she point blank refused to touch it as it needed between SIX AND EIGHT INCHES taken off it. Oh. My. God.

Now my measurements don't reflect this kind of loss AT all. So I've either been wearing clothes to big for me or I'm very rubbish with a tape measure.

Fortunately I found the exact same dress on ebay in a size 14 and won it for even less than I paid for the original (Whoop whoop). Thought it might be a bit of a squeeze but if necessary I'd go for a inch reducing wrap.

BUT it arrived today and it fits!!!! I'm willing to admit it's a big cut and I'm quite aware that pride comes before a fall (so expect a plus for me tomorrow at weigh in) but here's the pics of me in the frock. World exclusive 3 weeks before it's official debut :

photo-1.jpgphoto-2.JPGphoto-4.jpgphoto-5.jpgphoto-3.jpg

Last edited:
What a great feeling :). Lovely dress. Glad you're feeling so positive.

Gail x

Thank you ladies. really mean it. Helps a lot as (as previously confessed) I always think I look okay until I see the photos a week later and hate myself.

Weigh In in the morning. I am honestly NOT staying up late so I sleep late and put it off as long as possible. Okay, maybe a little bit

Congrats on your loss so far the dress looks great x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I am honestly NOT staying up late so I sleep late and put it off as long as possible. Okay, maybe a little bit
You on night shift or just an insomniac like me?

I'm a night owl too :)

I'm a night owl too :)
It's 2:45 in the morming here, but fortunately being retired I can sleep and get up whenever I want! Hope you don't have to be up for work tomorrow!

Your an hour ahead of me then
I Might go into uni 2moz ...
Off for revision times though....
this is the norm for me tho - just can't sleep at night :)
Even if I have to be up early
When I was actually going into uni for 9 ( not off on study leave) I had to get up at 7 but could be awake till 3 or 4 or not sleep at all
Make up for it with lie ins on w/e or whenever I can lol

Spend lots of time at night surfing this site since I discovered it :)
It's great

Weigh In 9 - I Believe

Erm, well. WOW. Having had a very bad week, part self induced part due to being so busy, I genuinely thought I'd have put on this week. I'm expecting the arrival of George at some point this weekend too which is never good as I retain a lot of water. So, Imagine my shock just now when I stepped on the scales, with my eyes all scrunched up scared to look, and I've only gone and had a blooming LOSS!!!!

Yep. Get Me!! I'm TWO pound down on last week. Technically I'm 2lb 4oz down, but I round down my weight loss so I can bank a little for next week (and SW online will only deal in halves).

I'm not going to get all cocky as I know after the week I've had I'm amazingly lucky to have a minus figure. I also need to hope and pray that my excesses aren't hanging around to surprise me before next week.

So, to sum my week up (and as if I didn't know alread) Slimming World is well and truly working for me. I've dropped a dress size, and an arse size, and finally made it under 13.5 stone for the first time in years.

I only have two more pounds to go to make my 28th May target which is two weigh ins away.

What I need to do now is come up with some new aims for my signature. I've done half of them now. I might go for some things which are out of my control to spice it up a little. I'm thinking
"Get complimented on having a nice bum"
"catch someone's eyes lingering to long on the hubbas"
.... something along those line.

I'm feeling so positive now. It's amazing how one little thing can really perk the day up no end. No complacency though. I have to get straight back on it and superspeed the week to death.

And I have the most important football game in my club's history to contend with tonight.
Actually, if anyone remember tonight please send positive thoughts to south London for Wimbledon winning and getting a place in the final. It means a lot.
As well as football I've also declared that should we win the final I'll tell the guy at football that I have a huge crush on that I want to marry him and have his babies.
See: Life Changing Stuff.

Hey chica!

Great loss for you then! I always take that attitude, a good loss must mean there is something sinister in the offing, and I can't let my guard down! lol

I notice Wimbledon aren't on the box tonight? We have loads of foreign/Scottish football instead!! Humph! I'd have watched it otherwise. So lots of happy good luck Pinkie vibes are winging their way to you!

When we played Huddersfield for the second leg, at home last year, I had got completely rat-arsed. Please see below a pic of me molesting the Centre Back that got MoM. I often find that declaring your love for men in the heat of celebration is lots of fun! :)

DSC01123.jpg

Anyhoo, those are great goals to have. I have been very flirty lately, and it is definitely a confidence booster!

Good luck for tonight!

:) xx

Back