A weight gain - not impressed!!!

Bellisdaisy

So, after my cheerful post on Monday about what a good day it was... the scales have not been kind! Yesterday they showed a 0.8lb gain! I put it down to Monday being a PV day and assumed that I would pull it back yesterday after a PP day. This was not the case. Although the scales were shifting in the right direction, it was only 0.6lb in the right direction so I am actually heavier today than I was 2 days ago and I have stuck to the plan religiously!
I'm drinking plenty of fluids and did my usual 45 minute spinning class last night so I can't understand it and feel quite cheated! I even had to endure a trip to a cafe for ice cream with the girls from uni today and I sat there with a diet pepsi :(
The only thing I can think of is that I have had a good weight loss over 2 weeks and my body is perhaps a bit shocked and is maybe trying to hold onto water or something. Has anybody else had anything like this happen to them? Do you reckon I should do another PP day today or should I make it PV as is planned? I have only had protein so far.
TIA :)

Your weight will fluctuate during cruise, eventually your body will get used to the change and you'll soon see a steady loss

Stick with it and dont get disheartened

Also note that exercising will cause you to hold on to a bit more water as your muscles are repairing so it can look like you are not losing fat when infact you are.

Thanks everyone. I am going to stick with it but it has certainly made me feel very ratty today!! The only thing I have done different this week to the first 2 weeks is include butternut squash on a PV day. It isn't in the book as an allowed food but I had read on here somewhere that it was ok - I suppose I should stick with the original list from the book as it obviously doesn't take much to make me put weight on!! Just had a lovely tea of various meats cooked on the BBQ and had some flat mushrooms and some chopped onions so hopefully the scales will be nice again in the morning!

Hi hun, it happens to me all the time.

I lose for a couple of weeks with good losses and then have a week where the total loss is half a pound or just slightly more. No reason why, just my daft body.

Don't think about the day to day losses or gains, we get weighed on a daily basis because its an incentive. But when you think about how diverse our day to day foods our, even just one thing, that a day to day weigh can be misleading. I'm preaching to myself here as well LOL cos I need to keep this in mind. Use a set day of the week as your official weigh in and keep this as your 'go to day' use the day to day weigh in as a learning time, remember what the tolerateds are that you have each day, and try a process of elmination.

Keep at it hun, it really is worth it.

Hi Bell

I have the Life Plan book and it does list pumpkin/marrow/squash as allowed.

I've got one sitting in the fridge for my next PV day on Saturday!

Back