A whole lot of weight to shift.

Went on the bike and did 30 mins 12.7k, was hard legs are killing me, might have to have a rest for a couple days, will see how I feel in the morning.

Help with cycling

Went on the bike and did 30 mins 12.7k, was hard legs are killing me, might have to have a rest for a couple days, will see how I feel in the morning.

Hi there James

First of all that you for your posts, so far the dozen or so I have read have really cheered me up.
Like yourself I've brought an exercise bike and today was my third attept at using it. I was dead keen to get one but I'm actaually finding it very, very hard work on the old posterior. If you don't mind me asking did you get this and if so how did you motivate yourself over the ow factor?
Also keen to hear from anyone else who has motivational words or ideas because I'm dreading getting back on it at the moment. :sigh:

When I first started going on the exercise bike the bottom of my back would kill, but it's something that does get better the more you use it and it dosn't effect me now.

As for my motivation read my post a few post up.

Good luck and stick with it, the rewards are to great to not carry on.

Thank you for the reply

Hey James - thanks for the reply. I do feel a bit better and am off to the gym with OH this afternoon. But went out for lunch with parents who are visiting from Yorkshire and had a very good roast dinner with loads of veg and then a big piece of white chocolate cheesecake! Couldn't resist. Ah well - I'm hoping i can undo some of the damage at the gym this afternoon.
Hope you have a good week!

I have got a slinky black dress (maybe not too slinky just yet) that I am aiming to get into - I wore it for my engagement party 8 years ago!!

Emms xx

2 pound gone, what with the long walk may of been a bit more but cant be unhappy with a loss.

This week sees me a year into my journey and pleased to say in that time I have gone from 513 pound to 319 a loss of 194 pound or in old money 13 stone 12 pound, what I am obvious over the moon with, but dosn't stop here it's just the beginning so to speak, loving being able to do stuff I could of only dream of a year ago.

According to this website http://www.johnhustedmd.com/bmi.htm I started out Super Super Morbidly Obese, but with that loss today it has taken me out the Morbidly Obese range and into the "just" obese range, still to much like but a massive step from where I was.

Bike done 30 mins 13.4k.

Wow well done!! That is amazing! Such a brilliant loss in one year ;) x

To celabrate a year in I had chips from the chippy with a chicken quater cooked at home :D

Just watching the footy and thought I'd bust another 30 mins on the bike at same time, 13.3k.

Well done James - you are an inspiration!
That is a massive amount of weight to lose in one year.
If I could lose that much I'd be at my goal weight...makes me realize it can be done - thanks for that James.
Emms x

You most certainly can do it Emma, I hate using the saying if I can do it anyone can, but it's true, it might take some people longer than others as we are all different, don't ever give up on yourself.

TRULY FANTASTIC JAMES :)

loving your celebratory meal ;)..and i too get on my bike in front of the tv, its done and dusted before you know it! have a good day and keep smiling, you are one of life's achievers! :)

Back