A women watching her weight in Wales

Thanks Bev, feeling totally fed up today, after being good all over Christmas I lost 1lb, 1 measly lb, I stayed on ss the whole time, I spent ages earlier crying and thinking that it was all waste of time but feeling a little better now and trying to remember that without this plan I would still be 257lbs and totally unhappy.

Actually.... You'd be heavier!

You stuck to SS and are much further along than many who didn't - mentally and still in ketosis. Could you be linking two unrelated things here? Forget Christmas etc etc you may be simply retaining water for myriad reasons (TOTM imminent? Drank a lot of water? Not enough water?)

You have been strong and bl00dy fantastic over this period, don't lose faith now love.... Food will always be there. You're fighting this battle now, and need to do this now. You didn't miss anything unmissable nor irreplaceable.

Take a deep breath, and carry on, knowing you've had the discipline and determination to give yourself the best chance of uninterrupted success xxxx

And.....

Happy New Year!!!! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Thanks Bev, I know your right and I have tried to feel better about it for the past couple of days, and I have to remember that I have done amazing things in the past three months, I am almost half way there and then I can start the rest of my life, a happier healthier life, my aim this year is to climb Snowdon by the end of August, that gives me a couple of months training after I start food hopefully, even if I get half way that's half way I wouldn't have got last year.

this week has been one of the most difficult for some reason, find myself thinking about food constantly and wondering if i could complete this now with exercise and a more flexible regime, however knowing me as well as i do, I know I can't give this up yet. My next weigh in is tomorrow snd I'm praying that it's a big one.
Looking forward to my step 2 week now, I'm on annual leave the second week in Feb so will do it that week.

Well definitely better than last week :D 4lbs off, that's only 1lb away from 4 stone :stickdance:not only that but next week I will hopefully be the 100's, I can't remember the last time that happened, I would have been in my teens :)

Can't sleep, have to be up in an hour and half and drive to Manchester with work (not a quick trip from Wales :( )

Well definitely better than last week :D 4lbs off, that's only 1lb away from 4 stone :stickdance:not only that but next week I will hopefully be the 100's, I can't remember the last time that happened, I would have been in my teens :)

Fantastic!!!! :happy096::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

Bravo! That 1lb will be off in days, then you'll be 4st off!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Well, well done :D x

Trying to motivate myself and referring to my earlier post I have now lost the equivalent of - 55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner

That's so weird to get my head around lol, or alternatively - 55 pounds = two 2 year olds and a chihuahua lol

well after being ill for most of the week and passing out yesterday have decided to go up to step 2 for a bit and hope it helps, bit gutted that my weight loss may slow down but can't keep feeling as poorly as I have since Monday :(

Thanks Bev, the extra food doesn't seem to be making much of a difference at the moment, but God I can't keep going the way I have been, the dizziness and nausea alone are enough to make me want to hide in bed, but unfortunately really can't stop at least going to work, looking forward to my weekend off now though.

Ok tried to go shopping today, that was not a good idea, passed out in HMV, been to see the pharmacist as wanted some advice on whether it could be the new pill I've been put on but she says while the nausea could be it shouldn't make me feel dizzy, however she did say we should have been using protection for the first two weeks after I swapped the pill, however my Dr didn't mention this at all, really at this point hoping it's just the diet lol, but pharmacist has recommended I see my doctor monday. Continuing on step 2 until I know whats causing it, can't take this nausea for much longer, and I scared my o.h to death fainting in HMV lol.

Well I did a pregnancy test but this has come back as negative, feeling a little better today too, so maybe my body was trying to tell me to take a break for a little while, still following step 2 and planning to continue to do so for a little while at least but will be speaking to my cdc tonight about options for me, while I love ss, if it's going to make me ill then maybe not right for me, I did suffer with issues of low blood sugar as a child so maybe that is rearing it's head again. However now that I'm so much slimmer maybe a change to a system that allows food but forces me to exercise is worth looking at, for the first time ever, I feel motivated to look at exercise so maybe would be a good option for me at this point.

Well my cdc has agreed to me being on step 2 for now but has advised that I go and get some blood tests done this week, she also introduced me to the bonus bar, OMG it's gorgeous x

Well I have been found to have a UTI which will be why I have felt so poorly, Dr advised me to continue on step 2 until I feel a little better.
Have to say while the Dr I saw today is nice, he is very negative in his outlook lol, I approached him a while ago to ask for help to quit smoking and he said and I quote
"I am fed up with this mamby pamby rubbish with people quitting with non smoking aids, I remember when people just had to quit!"
and then today he said that while he thought it was a good thing that I had lost weight he predicted that the next time he saw me that I would be heavier than I had been at the start of the diet, nice to feel supported by your G.P!!!!

Blimey :eek: what a tw@t! We also used leeches to 'draw blood' and died of influenza when he obviously trained but society has moved on. Idiot. People like this have gotten in my head before and set me back (big time) - my negative nelly thoughts don't need a flipping echo..... So I complained to the practice manager. It's hard enough fighting the good fight, but he is rude, abrasive and unsupportive. I know a mechanic looking for staff he'd be better off looking for work there.... And he can stick his medical degree right up his........

Ahem. Sorry. My Dad was a dedicated and talented Consultant. Nasty little men like this give medicine a bad name and worse yet risk lives. Ugh :mad:

Anywaaaay, ignore his tripe. It sounds like your body was just fighting the infection so you'll be all better soon. As I said, do what you must to get healthy and recover........ I understand there are losses to be had on Step 2! Get well soon xx

That's sad what the GP said... pre-empting you failing not that helpful, what about congrats on your weight loss so far and some wise words of wisdom how that has positively impacted on your health?!

Anyway glad you got your dizziness and nausea sorted out and hope it all clears up soon :)

BTW So impressed will your weight loss so far - big inspiration :)

Back