A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Aw sounds like good birthday plans. Haven't been to the cinema for ages but probably a good thing the popcorn smell gets me everytime! Maybe have a mini milk or something instead of an ice cream! Tayla had an ice cream the other week and I very nearly bought myself one was so proud of resisting!

Maybe you could have a dessert but just choose the lowest syn option. I went out recently and ordered the kids fruit bowl for dessert so I was eating at the same e time as everyone was eating dessert!

Im more likely to have the mini milk than the fruit bowl!! Really fancy either a sticky toffee pudding or a chocolate fondant- probably two of the WORST syn deserts out there :p

If Im bad on my actual birthday then I will be extra good on the Friday! And I wont have popcorn at the cinema- Im not a huge fan and H2B likes sweet whereas, if I was going to have any Id have salty.

Was quite hungry today so I scoffed a little. Not until I was stuffed full but until I wasnt hungry! Obviously making up for low syn days!!

Todays food:
B: Fruit salad (melon, strawberries, cherries and grapes)
L: Ham and Salad sandwich (60g wholemeal bread hexB, ham, cucumber, lettuce and 2 tbsp light salad cream 2syns). Leftover roasted veg cous cous from last night. Strawberries and grapes.
D: Chicken and spinach potato topped pie (chicken- no fat, onions, spinach, mash potato, chicken stock and 70g light philidephia hexA).

Snacks: Tesco cheese curl crisps 4.5syns, half a satsuma, fat free yogurt and frozen berries.
Drinks: Orange squash. Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns)
Syn Total - 8.5syns

After reading that I fancy one of the melt in the middle chocolate cakes with ice cream! I'm making chocolate orange cupcakes and I didn't bake the extra mix because knew I'd eat the spare one!

I like the popcorn you can buy at Tesco that's sweet and salty together!

Good for stopping rather than stuffing your self!

Oops sorry! I hope you resisted the craving!! And I am so proud of you for not baking and munching an extra cupcake- I so dont have that willpower. As well as my birthday I have to go to a school summer fete on Saturday (I go to a mother/toddler group there and I want Reece to go to the school!) and one of the teachers bakes some ultra yummy cupcakes- Im not going to be able to resist although maybe I'll scoop off most of the frosting to lower the syns!
I feel like Im going to gain the whole stone Ive lost in just one weekend!!

Went into town today and walked around the shops with the buggy for about an hour and a half so got some exercise. Also made the mistake of letting Reece run around in The Entertainer- I let him pick a toy. Thankfully he didnt see the £30 giant mickey mouse and instead went for a £6 mickey mouse beanie ball. He deserved it though- he had a haircut and was very well behaved (which may have had something to do with Peppa Pig on the TV!)

Todays food:
B: Fruit salad (grapes, strawberries and melon)
L: Free mugshot, satsuma, ryvita minis 4.5syns.
D: Ham salad sandwich (60g wholemeal bread hexB, 2tbsp light salad cream 2syns, ham, lettuce and cucumber). Grapes and strawberries.

Snacks: Banana and half a satsuma.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns) Orange squash. Costa medium iced vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and 2 x pump of syrup 2syns)
Syn Total - 10.5syns

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Went to the cinema and saw Malificient- it was AMAZING!! I loved it :D But I resisted the popcorn! Then had a late lunch/ early dinner at Frankie & Benny's. I considered being good but I failed miserably! I dont have the syn values but suggestions would be welcome so I can see how terribly I have sabotaged myself.
Oh dear- food remorse has started!

B: Nothing.
L: I had THREE courses (well 2 and a half because me and H2B shared the pudding!).
- Bruchetta with tomato salad stuff on top with balsamic vinegar. The bruschetta was 1 thick piece of garlic bread cut in half and the salad topping was free food apart from the oil it was probably dressed with. I also had approx 5 garlic doughballs and nacho cheese dipping sauce.
- Southern coated chicken wrap. Oven baked southern coated chicken, tortilla wrap, small dollop of mayo, lettuce and tomato. With a side of fries... And some coleslaw... And I pinched a bit of H2Bs sweet onion chutney as he didnt want it...
- Chocolate brownie bites (I had 1 and a half) with a scoop of mint choc chip ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sundae sauce...
D: Nothing- still stuffed from my three course lunch!

Snacks: None
Drinks: Diet pepsi. Water. Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk). Orange squash and soda water.
Syn Total - MILLIONS PROBABLY!!

Draw a line under it- I was celebrating my birthday so I think I can be allowed a cheat day... Until I hate myself for it on Saturdays weigh in!!

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you!!!

Don't worry about your syns it's your birthday!

I quite fancy seeing Malificent it does look good. Not sure it's hubby's sort of film tho. We never go to the cinema since having kids!

Walking round town is a nightmare with my 2 so glad Reece was good for you and didn't see giant mickey! I never ever go by the entertainer lol its quite handy it's tucked away I think easy to avoid.

Have fun tomorrow if you go to the zoo, supposed to be lovely weather! And enjoy for fayre!

We didnt go to the zoo today- think I got too much sun yesterday because I woke up with the biggest headache Ive had in a few months. So we just went to a play cafe with some of the mummies from my toddler group for an hour. Walked there and back though and thats about 30 minutes each way- I pushed Reece on the way home but H2B on the way there.
Malificent was sooo good. H2B wanted to see Xmen but as it was my birthday we saw what I wanted to see! He enjoyed it though. Depends what hubby likes though. It can be quite dark in places for children but lots of magic and fantasy scenes as well. Id see it again in an instant!

I havent been too hungry today so its been a bit of a sparse but bad food day.

B: Nothing.
L: Twister Ice Lolly 4.5syns.
D: Tesco Cheese & brocolli pasta n sauce 2.5syns (made with skimmed milk part hexA). Cheese & ham sandwich (60g wholemeal bread hexB, ham and 2 laughing cow light cheese triangles part hexA)

Snacks: Mini Milk 1.5syns. Satsuma. Cherry tomatoes.
Drinks: Flavoured fizzy water. 2 cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA) Water.
Syn Total - 8.5syns

Aw that's a shame (although I personally think bristol zoo is a waste of money because the animals are rubbish) but shame you didn't get a day out.

Hubby isn't really in to magic and fantasy more my thing. I'd like to see x men as well tho!

That was quite a small day not much food and your twister was most of your syns. I need a day like that!

We are going to Devon Monday and not sure what to do about the diet. Will regret it if I put loads on but of I diet when I'm away I may get fed up and give up anyway.

I really like Bristol Zoo- I do think it is overpriced though. Ive been to Paignton Zoo and that was a lot bigger and about the same price.

Really just popping on to celebrate my loss from weigh in this morning DESPITE my BIG cheat day! From last Saturday Ive lost a whopping 7.5lb. Obvs I was bloated and unwell so was weighing more but still lost 2lb from my Sunday weigh in when I was feeling better :D

And I celebrated by going to the school fayre and having a cupcake- details to follow later but Im probably looking at the rest of my day needing to be free and superfree only :p

So I used all my syns today! Oops! But it was such a lovely day. We had fun at the school fayre and then relaxed in the garden :)
H2B wants a roast as his special tea for fathers day but I will sneak in some SW friendly bits for me and try not to over-indulge in the yorkshire puddings!!

Todays food:
B: Half a banana.
L: Coffee cupcake with a little bit of buttercream from the fayre guestimate at 8.5syns. Fruit salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries grapes and a plum)
D: Cheeseburger (60g bread roll hexB, tesco burger 3.5syns, cheddar part hexA, onions, 1 tbsp tomato sauce 1syn). SW wedges with 2 tbsp light salad cream 2syns. Side salad.

Snacks: Satsuma. Grapes. Strawberries.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Pepsi max cherry. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 15syns

Had another high syn day today! Actually went over them *slaps wrist*
Reece has been difficult today- he just whined the whole day about nothing and kept doing things that we have told him off about a million times (such as putting pebbles in his mouth from the garden and taking stuff out of the recycling bin) so I feel like that has been draining on me.

Todays food:
B: Fruit salad (melon, strawberries, raspberries and grapes)
L: Sunday roast! Roast chicken with crispy skin (I didnt have a lot so approx 3.5syns), SW roast potatoes, loads of superfree veggies (red cabbage, peas, green beans and carrots), 3 homemade SW yorkshire puddings (I worked out the whole recipe was 36syns (including part hexA) and it made 12 yorkies so 3syns each = 9syns)
D: Nothing- too full from sunday lunch!

Snacks: Alpen light bar (old recipe so hexB- the Tesco by me still have the old 70kcal recipe!). 2 more yorkshire puddings 6syns. Raspberries. Satsuma. Banana.
Drinks: Flavoured fizzy water. Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Orange squash and soda water.
Syn Total - 18.5syns

I couldnt help munching on the yorkies- they were delish and they rose wonderfully! Even though they did cost me my entire syn allowance for the day!!

Back on plan today. Although once again been feeling a bit iffy and had a bad stomach :( Probably my body reacting to the amount of bread and wheat Ive had over the past few days after not having it for a while.
Reece was a lot better behaved today as well so that was nice- although at the moment he has a bad habit of going into the garden and putting pebbles in his mouth :( A bit worrying as they are dirty and he could choke! Im constantly watching him like a hawk when he is out there!!

Todays food:
B: Fruit salad (grapes, melon, strawberries, satsuma)
L: Leftover chicken sandwich (leftover roast chicken- no skin, 60g wholemeal bread hexB, 3 tbsp extra light mayo 3syns). Banana.
D: Potato topped chicken pie (leftover roast chicken- no skin, 70g light philidelphia hexA, spinach, stock, mashed potato and onion). Superfree veggies (carrots, green beans, red cabbage and peas)

Snacks: Leftover yorkshire pudding 3syns. 2 x plums. Peach.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Cherry pepsi max. Orange squash and soda water. Mocha style coffee (coffee, milk from 100ml, half sachet 40kcal options 1syn).
Syn Total - 9syns

Not really much to say about today...

Todays food:
B: Melon and grapes.
L: Bacon and egg sandwich (bacon with no fat, egg fried in frylight, 60g wholemead bread hexB, 2 tbsp tomato ketchup 2syns). Peach.
D: Homemade fish pie (fish, half a packet of schwartz parsley sauce mix- whole pack is 5syns and I had half so 2.5syns made up with skimmed milk part hexA, carrots and peas) served with superfree veg (more carrots, more peas and green beans)

Snacks: Melon, plum, frozen fruit and a fat free yoghurt.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Cup of coffee (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Orange squash and soda. Pepsi max cherry.
Syn Total - 4.5syns

Woohoo for a low syn day :) Lots of part hexA's but I assure you I didnt go over 350ml!!

Last edited:
Such a loner here chatting to myself... LOL.

A low food and low syn day today. Hoping Im not going to have a gain like I did the last time I stopped eating as many syns... But I dont feel like eating just for the sake of using up syns.

Todays food:
B: Nothing
L: Homemade butternut squash soup. Mango and strawberries.
D: Gammon steak and roasted vegetable cous cous (cherry tomatoes, butternut squash, courgette, onions, leek, bell peppers)

Snacks: Grapes, Strawberries. 4 x mini eggs 3syns. Peach.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk hexA, also had one with sugar, at a playgroup and forgot to take my sweetener, 1tsp 1syn) Orange squash and soda. Glass of skimmed milk (rest of hexA)
Syn Total - 4syns

Didnt even use my hexB!! Oops...

Popped in to say hi! Obviously I didn't weigh yesterday lol. I have had burger chips biscuit ice cream and pizza do defiently be a gain for me but we are having a nice time. Fingers crossed you don't have a gain. No point in eating for the sake of it .

Used up a few more of my syns today! But also done a lot more walking. Walked at least 40 minutes whilst going to the shops and then got a bus to town. Then ran after a very excitable little boy around the Aquarium for an hour!! We have an annual membership so I thought Id take him for a cheap day out. AND I walked around town for another hour.

Made sure I had both my hex's today as well!

Todays food:
B: Half a banana (back to only being able to have half my food!)
L: 2 x M&S sushi snack packs (0.5syn each so 1syn). Ryvita minis hexB. Peach.
D: Spicy Prawn and Chorizo pasta (Prawns, chilli, onions, garlic, 50g chorizo 3.5syns, pasta, tinned tomatoes) Was delish and normally Im not a big fan of prawns!

Snacks: Frozen berries and fat free yogurt. Snack a jacks 4.5syns. Strawberries and grapes.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny iced vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and vanilla syrup 2syns) Water. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn total - 11syns

Going out tomorrow with some friends from my toddler group... Going somewhere local that serves delicious stonebaked pizzas! Not good! I think they may also serve salad but dont know if I can be that restrained if everyone else has a hot, cheesy pizza!!
And I wont even mention the wine that is likely to be consumed!!

Last edited:
Back