AAM

jo125

i am on aam week next week and i am just after some meal ideas

cheers

I am not very exciting with my food options! But heres what I have:

Cottage cheese with cucumber and celery
cottage cheese with pickled red cabbage! (never ate cabbage before this diet and now I love it!)
Chicken kebabs - slice the chicken into chunks and add to veggies
chicken baked in spinach

My brother put his allowance of cooked chicken into a chicken and mushroom soup! He really liked it.

I'm doing aam this week and it is so good to have some food at last. Tonight I had griddled chicken breast (sprinkled with spices first) with chargrilled courgette, mushroom and aubergine (not on the list I know but I reckon it is no different to a courgette in content) and a small gherkin to give some piquancy. Yesterday I had fish and mixed leaf salad with a dressing made from balsamic vinegar with a bit of sweetener added and chopped caper mixed in.
Not sure yet what tomorrow will bring, I have another half chicken breast already cooked and some asparagus in the fridge so they might be the basis.
To go with these meals I have been making a sort of tortilla, using 1/4 pack of vegetable soup mixed with water and a tbs of wheat bran (not allowed but low in carbs and high in fibre, I compensate by only having half a bar a day on the grounds that bars have more cals than packs so what I save there I can use elsewhere - I still have 3 packs in total).
Some people use a bit of soup pack to make a sauce, I might try this one night.

Haven't tested but I think so. There are no carbs or citric acid to kick you out and I certainly haven't felt hungry. I thought the chicken allowance was very tiny until I tried to eat it, I'm a bit out of practice at food. But I have been ill too which makes a difference, did have to take in some sugar yesterday but my body needed it badly, and since I haven't felt hungry today it obviously used it up OK.

Its my first AAM this week, from tomorrow.. half looking forward to it.. half not.. kind of got used to not eating now and its a habit.. so hoping that introducing a bit of chicken and veg won't make it difficult to go back to SS next week.. would be such a shame if it made it difficult, because SS feels like second nature.

i was gonna do chicken and mushroom kebabs .. probably every day! May vary the veg a bit though!

I've really enjoyed my first AAM week and have only had those things that are listed in the Cambridge book -not because I don't fancy adapting it, but for me I would rather stick 100% to it than risk coming out of ketosis or sabotaging my weight loss. I think mushrooms are ok, but I have just posted a thread asking about them.. I have had loads of garlic which has been scrummy... also... used one of my chicken & mushroom packs (made as a muffin) as stuffing... delicious.. I thought I had come out of ketosis one day, but apparantly not and I think that might have been one of the dressings I had (which you are allowed) so have not had any since.

It's made me think that maybe I can add garlic to the chilli soup mix when making crisps so I get even more flavour? (I'll have to check that's ok on SS).

Good luck with your AAM , but I wouldn't do anything other than what your CDC recommends (just in case!)

STOP PRESS*** Just been told on another thread that garlic is a no no!! Arrgh!!

Hi, My CDC says garlic granules are ok. I have about a tea spooon in my soup every eveniing, and its never kicked me out of ketosis and my losses have bseen good (8 stone in 6mth)

Polly

I've really enjoyed my first AAM week and have only had those things that are listed in the Cambridge book -not because I don't fancy adapting it, but for me I would rather stick 100% to it than risk coming out of ketosis or sabotaging my weight loss. I think mushrooms are ok, but I have just posted a thread asking about them.. I have had loads of garlic which has been scrummy... also... used one of my chicken & mushroom packs (made as a muffin) as stuffing... delicious.. I thought I had come out of ketosis one day, but apparantly not and I think that might have been one of the dressings I had (which you are allowed) so have not had any since.

It's made me think that maybe I can add garlic to the chilli soup mix when making crisps so I get even more flavour? (I'll have to check that's ok on SS).

Good luck with your AAM , but I wouldn't do anything other than what your CDC recommends (just in case!)

STOP PRESS*** Just been told on another thread that garlic is a no no!! Arrgh!!

Was just going to get excited then.. thought I could have garlic mushroom and chicken kebabs... but alas not!! :( Have been to supermarket and bought chicken, mushrooms (they're on the list of okay stuff), broccoli and cauli.. bought an onion too... thinking it was on the list and it isn't! So that was a bit of a waste - will donate it to my mate!

Still only half looking forward to it, i find the sole source thing really easy at the moment.. and although the AAM week is allowed it feels like i'm cheating by eating - think that is because I spent my first two weeks of the diet with lighterlife.. where of course u don't eat for 14 weeks. To think 14 weeks seemed like it would be so hard in the beginning and now it seems easy!! So i have mixed feelings towards the AAM week.. think i'd rather not do it.. i mean its nice to bite on something I suppose.. but I'd rather just go on drinking my shakes! But i'll do it coz i have to!

Back