Aarrgh no orlistat

LisaM1977

Gold Member
Been trying for almost a week to get my new prescription hhhmm got maybe a few days worth left :(

Lexie2005 said:
Oh bloody hell honey not good. Have you asked the Dr what you can do. Can they help track some down?

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they suggest x

Have you tried any of the smaller chemists? I got my first prescription for Orlistat this week, tried 3 or 4 larger places such as supermarket pharmacies, lloyds etc and had no luck. Tried a smaller independent one and they didn't even seem to realise other places were having trouble getting hold of it x

Yeah and they all say the same thing :( there's only about 4 small chemists near me.. Think I am going to have to get yellow pages out and look on the outskirts of Leeds .. Bit difficult as work in centre and they of course only have large chain chemists x

I tried 3 and it was the smallest and hidden chemist who were too surprised at the shortage! X

Like you said think you will have to get yellow pages and let your fingers do the walking - do you remember that ad? good luck. if you are really desperate my daughter is at leeds met and is coming home on friday overnight so if you wanted i will take it to my local chemist that supplied mine recently. let me know.

poppy100 said:
Like you said think you will have to get yellow pages and let your fingers do the walking - do you remember that ad? good luck. if you are really desperate my daughter is at leeds met and is coming home on friday overnight so if you wanted i will take it to my local chemist that supplied mine recently. let me know.

Oooh I may take you up on that if my walking fingers aren't successful x

Oooh I may take you up on that if my walking fingers aren't successful x

no probs. the chemist i use is on cross lane in radcliffe bury. will need to check they definitely have some first though! let me know

poppy100 said:
no probs. the chemist i use is on cross lane in radcliffe bury. will need to check they definitely have some first though! let me know

Will do.. I know one of the ladies on this forum got some in Leeds last week so fingers crossed x

Good luck hun, hope you find some soon x

poppy100 said:

Hi poppy .. My hubby has managed to track some down in Halifax we are holding their last box and will collect tomorrow .. Thank you for the kind offer

All of the chemists said the same today that they will not be stocking Xenical and it will be a generic tablet instead they expect these to be available to order anytime I. March but no date confirmed x

Hi poppy .. My hubby has managed to track some down in Halifax we are holding their last box and will collect tomorrow .. Thank you for the kind offer

All of the chemists said the same today that they will not be stocking Xenical and it will be a generic tablet instead they expect these to be available to order anytime I. March but no date confirmed x

you are welcome, really pleased you found some. generic tablet should be the same so fingers crossed.

Mine haven't been xenical for a while but they said there is as much problems with the teva which I have been getting.. They are not available for reorder at the chemists this way x

I've never had anything but xenical! Hmmm x

LisaM1977 said:
Mine haven't been xenical for a while but they said there is as much problems with the teva which I have been getting.. They are not available for reorder at the chemists this way x

That's it teva, I couldn't think what they were x

I'm just hoping the nice man I spoke to this morning is as good as his word and he has set the box aside for me to collect in the morning .. Especially as I've had to arrange to go in work late haha x

Back