Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

Congratulations Abbie, sorry to hear about the traumatic labour but glad to hear it was still worth it for the end result :) Hope you get some rest with a new baby in the house! Looking forward to some photos :)

sorry you had such a hard time of it!! congratulations again on your little boy :D

abz xx

Sorry to hear you had such a long drawn out birth experience but he is soooo worth it, what a little cutie, hope he is behaving for his Mummy and that you have had some well earned rest.
Congratulations again and well done you;)

many congratulations! I hope that you recover well from your experience and have happiness with your boy always:)

Well hellooo everyone, long time no see!

Thought I'd write and say hello as I've not been around much due to getting into the swing of motherhood and also in the process of trying to move house.
It's so hard to believe that just over 3 weeks ago I gave birth to my son but I'm loving being a mummy. He's just lovely, even when he is screaming his head off with impatience when he's hungry and we're sorting his bottle out and then when I get covered in vomit lol!
He's changing everyday, the differences I can see in 3 weeks are just astonishing so for any first time mummies who are expecting, if I could offer any pearls of wisdom so to speak, enjoy every second when they're born and take tons of pictures because the differences you'll notice in 3 weeks, even 1 week are just amazing and believe me you'll want to capture every moment.
Ethan is solely bottle fed now as I struggled a bit with breastfeeding, I wasn't producing enough for him. Last week I felt really bad about it because I felt so guilty because I'd really wanted to try but the health visiter was lovely about things, she explained that if it was guilt I was feeling then it's normal and she said to my OH that he should allow me to talk about whatevers bothering me because it's tough for some women to deal with that feeling of not being able to do what is an animal/motherly instinct.
I'm not feeling as guilty, but I still do sometimes and it does get me to a point where I purposely stimulate my breasts to keep the milk there because its like if I leave them and the milk goes, then I just will feel so much worse. I know I'm meant to leave them, but I just can't seem to right now. Maybe I'm weird but I just don't want to admit defeat just yet I guess even though I know me breastfeeding won't happen now as he's so used to the bottle, he won't know how to suckle from me properly as a nipple and a bottle teat are different.
Hopefully moving house in the next week or so, moving to Kent and I'm really looking forward to it. OH found a lovely 2 bed house on gumtree and we fell in love with it when we went to view it, so we got first refusal on it and we signed our tenancy agreement last week and I'm just looking forward to moving in and being a family there as we've been living with OH's mum in her one bed bungalow for over a year and it's really no place to be raising a baby. The new place is in a lovely area so yeah, I'm really excited.
Hope you ladies are all well

xxx

So glad to hear Ethan's doing well and you've got a new place to yourselves.

In regards to the feeding, I don't know if it's been suggested (and I know nothing so forgive me if I'm wrong) but could/have you tried expressing and feeding breastmilk from a bottle? I have heard it's hard to do, my brother's GF had to do this as my nephew wasn't feeding properly from her at first. Sorry if you've already tried.

But hey, I was bottle fed from the word go, I think I turned out okay :)

Hi, glad all is going well for you, the house move sounds really exciting and so glad you are loving motherhood. Please don't feel guilty about bottlefeeding, all my 4 were bottle fed and were healthy happy babies, toddlers and young uns, none have allergy's etc or have been prone to ill health (touch wood), this one will be bottle fed too and thats fine with me. Take care look forward to hearing all about your move, take care Jo :)

hey hon. how are things going now?

are you getting any sleep? i'm so tired. izzy won't go back to sleep when she wakes at around 4am... and she's sleeping for the first time since then right now, but OH is due back from work and i know he'll wake me up if i try and sleep now... but i may try anyways, ha.

abz xx

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well.
Can't believe that Ethan is 2 months old already, it's insane how quickly the time is flying.
He is smiling now and holding his head up a little more each day. He's just gorgeous and I can't believe how much I love him. :D

xxx

He looks so Happy in your Avatar pic, what a cutie, glad you are both doing well, I bet you are wondering what you did with all that time on your hands before you had him LOL.

Hiya ladies,

Long time no speak! Just popped onto this section of the forum to see how you're doing and thought I'd write in my diary.
Ethan is doing fantastically well. He'll be 4 months in 2 weeks. Time is certainly flying by.
We attend baby and parent group each Monday and my boyfriend comes along as well so it's nice to meet other parents and babies. :D
We're going on holiday for 9 days to see my grandmother in France and she is itching to see Ethan lol.

Hope you're all well and I'll try and get to reading all your diaries to see how you're doing. :)

I'm back on LT now and almost halfway to where I was before coming off the diet due to being pregnant, so getting there. :) xxx

Glad you are both doing so well:) Well done on your weight loss too, enjoy your Hols;)

Back