Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

Wow, hard to believe that tomorrow marks my last week before I'm due and also, I'll be on the last picture of my ticker! :D
Lets hope my little man doesn't keep me waiting too long as I'm really anxious to meet him now. Ah well, 3 weeks at most!

Any more twinges or has all gone quiet?

All has gone quiet :( Was hoping I'd have had a build up and then the big event but nope, it's all gone quiet and I've nothing to do but wait lol.
How are you getting on? xx

Good thanks, but I suffered with SPD during my last 2 pregnancies and due to last baby being in distress I had to be in a position to give birth that was really bad for my pelvis, so I have permenant damage and pain, I have started to get worse already but never mind he/she will be worth it.
I am sorry everything has slowed down again for you it can be a frustrating time can't it, and time seems to slow right down during the last few weeks doesn't it:rolleyes: Take care

Blimey hun, I'm sorry you've had to suffer permanent damage and pain, that's awful! I'm hoping that even though things are getting worse now they don't get too bad for you. xx

Thanks;) its one of the reasons I am so determind to lose weight as it will ease the pressure on my pelvis, anyhow how are you today any twinges?

OK thanks Kirsty hun, 5 days left til my due date and I'm getting really impatient now.

I am bricking it about the pain and I'm just wanting it over with so he's here. I'm wishing my life away according to some people, it's not that, it's just that I'm that blimmin' uncomfortable now, I am just willing him to make an appearance. Still, even if he's not here on his due date, it'll only be 2 weeks at most to wait after that.

How are you and Sienna getting on? xxx

hey babes. just read your post. thought that was going to lead to something :)

i've been having back pains. keep thinking it may be my kidneys as my body seems to want to retain all the water i drink rather than pass it through me (until night time when all i do is wee) but can't help thinking it might be things gearing up...

good luck babes :D i find it scary that in just over 3 weeks i will have definately given birth :S

abz xx

Hope you're doing OK, have you written a birth plan of how you want your pain managed? It's a relatively short time and there's the best reward in the world at the end of it :D

Hope you're doing OK, have you written a birth plan of how you want your pain managed? It's a relatively short time and there's the best reward in the world at the end of it :D

Doing OK thanks hun. Got a phone call from doctors around 6pm, I had a hospital appt on Thursday last week and my pee sample came back saying I had an infection. Was rather surprised because I don't have any pain when I pee and although there was some protein in my pee, it's been a usual occurrence and where it's been sent off before, it's always come back clear, so the doctor said he'd put me on Amoxycillin even though I said I felt fine. He at first said he'd get me to do another sample but then decided he was going to just prescribe the Antibiotics for me, so I'll get them in the morning as I wasn't able to make the chemist in time.

So today is now my due date and I've a feeling it's going to pass by with no events taking place, I've another hospital appointment on Thursday so wondering if we'll be discussing a sweep and induction procedures.

Read on your thread you're going to be induced in a week or so, thats fab hun! Sorry I've not written in your thread for ages, I'm proper rubbish at touching base with people. Eeeekkk! Hope you're well though xxxx

Happy due date :bliss: Hope he makes an appearance soon.
Sometimes UTI's go undetected coz they don't make us feel ill but better to take the antibots and get it cleared up so it doesn't spread to your kidneys - then you really would know about it!
Take it easy hun, will keep an eye out for your BA x

OOOOH your Due Date has arrived;)
In my experience they will def talk about dates for inducement on your next appt and hopefully you will have a nice midwife who will do a sweep for you, you have to be 'favourable though' i.e your cervix needs to be 'ready'. Hopefully you won't ned your next appt, come on Baby, Mummy wants to meet you :p

Had my appointment at the hospital today and I'm more than happy with the outcome.
At first I didn't see my consultant as he was with other patients, I saw a colleague of his and she was running through my file with me. Said I had protein in my urine sample which I already knew, it's been a regular occurrence for a while now and on Tuesday even got a phone call regarding last Thursdays sample to say I got a UTI, so am on Amoxycillin for that.
Anyway, I was eager to discuss about a sweep and a possible induction because I want to know where I stand with things as obviously now I'm to term, this is my first child, I don't know what to expect from here.

She at first was dismissive of talking about sweep/induction saying it was early to talk about it seeing as I was only one day over, but then she was looking at my blood test results and noticed I was borderline at the top with my GTT, so she went to speak to my consultant.
He came in the room and he took charge straight away saying that because my GTT levels are borderline from the start of being diabetic, he wants to get this baby out in the next week then moniter me again 6 weeks after he's born to see if it's just gestational or whether it's an actual problem that could develop into full blown diabetes which he said I'm at risk from anyway because of my PCOS. I'm hoping all will be OK and that my levels are only higher because I've been stuffing my face with chocolate because it's been like my craving.
blush.gif

He decided to give me an internal to see how things were going and he said that I'm 1cm dilated, cervix is favourable, mid way I think and that it was softish. Probably all the same thing lol but he said things were definitely moving in the right direction.
He has booked me in to be induced for Wednesday next week. I need to phone up the labour ward between 6-7pm Tuesday evening, then go in and go through the usual checks and they might use the prostaglandin gel to see if that helps soften my cervix some more and if nothing happens overnight, will get me going the next day.

I was a bit irritated by his colleague because I had a question which I thought was valid at the beginning of my appointment...basically I wanted to know if a water birth was still possible if you were getting induced and she was like "Oh well...it's too early to think like that" and I was just sat thinking, ffs! I don't care, just answer the damn question. Eventually I got a response, she said it's not completely ruled out, it's just that when you go in to be induced, you're obviously needing to be monitored more etc. So I was like oh ok then. Seriously, why do people need to be so snotty?

So anyway, I'm really chuffed. He'll be here in less than a week and I can't wait to meet him!
happydance2.gif
Hopefully the sweep will have done something and things will happen naturally but if not, I have a date set now

Just read your post on BnB, looks like next week will be an exciting week for us both :D Lots of luck hun x

LOL! Yep deffo, what date is your induction for?? Are we on the same day? xx

I'm 2 days behind you on 28th but think she'll end up being born on the Sunday :)

Awww well good luck hun! Either way, she'll be here next week for you! :D xxx

Excellent news ;) Hopefully you won't need your induction date but you have it now so you know it won't be long whatever happens, how exciting :D

Really hope you don't need inducing hun ;)

I take it you read my post on Bnb? lol xx

Back