abigail's diary

Fancy double booking you! They should have put you up in an equally rated hotel. I don't like McD's much either, I'm a KFC girl. Good to see you are back on plan, that ticker will be moving again soon!

they SHOULD have but were getting a free stay this weekend so i will be more prepared for going as it was very short notice oon saturday. i put on a grand total of 2.5lbs over christmas (plus 1lb before xmas as i was wearing jeans). im going to go in jeans this week and i know i will have lost soemthing then next week will go in something light and hopefully i will have had a nice big loss and just might qualify for slimmer of the week - fingers crossed anyway.

have upped my exercise as got a heart rate/ calorie counting watch for xmas, its fab and makes you work within certain zones so you get the most out of a work out and sets you targets.

also going to cut back on how mcuh im drinking as ive had toooo much booze over xmas!!!!!

Its all a water gain Hun and will fly off before you know it!

yea i was really really pleased! i TOTALLY pigged out too. i really believe in loosing slowly and keeping it off as it makes putting on weight, for me anyway a lot harder to do in a short space of time and therefore slimmer forever :D

Yeah true, I also think that the slower you lose it, the farther away the old bad habit are and your body is retrained and your stomach smaller

or in my case my stomach is a lot lot larger i think i definitly eat more than i used to

have decided to really up the exercise, been researching some routes with ordenance survey map and measuring with google earth ruler tool (which is really good if you havent been on) and round out that i ran 2 miles the other day which is good but it needs to be better!!! found a route that goes right along the sea but on the cliffs and home again which is 5 miles so going to do that within in the next couple of days. cant wait. its funy how when you get into exercising you really enjoy it and even the slightly aching muscles the next day make you feel like youve accomplished something. only problem is will have to keep the dog on the lead mostly as theres no barrier on the cliff edge and there are quite a few roads :(

Wow...2 miles and now considering 5 miles!!! Blimey!!! Well done!
I thought I was being good by doing 40 mins on the Wii fit each evening and then jive for 4 hours!!!
I am going to start cycling again too...told Hubby that at the weekend we need to be more active...just need to buy a bike now for me!

jive for 4 hours?! thats loads. even walking at a fast pace 5 miles SHOULD only take 1 hour. (or so im told!!)

Lol...so we are both fit!!

soooo.... im having a bit of a hard time at the moment, gained 2lbs last week even though i have been exercising like crazy and only had 1 night of being a bit naughty. went to boyfriends nana's 70th which was a disaster and has now got me questioning our relationship and have been stopping at my mams for the time being. im feeling really down in the dumps but still sticking to sw strong, 100% this week although i want some chocolate. im hoping the 2lbs gain was partly down to the fact that i came on yesterday and it was water retention, although i only usually put on half a lb if that, and maybe it was off the exercise but im going to stick at the exercising, its getting me out the house and keeping my mind off things at home. i have an induction tomorow at a gym just debating whether to go for the £35 a month membership or casual pay of £3 swimming and £4 gym... hmmm... i got slightly annoyed that i have to pay £35 a month whereas if i was on benefits it would only be £18 a month and in my current work situation i have calculated i would actually be better off on the dole, but nevermind at least i can say i work hard for what i have.

I know what you mean, sometimes people on benefits are better off than us who work hard but we have something much better - Pride!

I'd go for the casual membership for now and see how much you actually use it and if you are spending more than the £35 a month then switch to the monthly one.

When you start exercising you may notice a gain but it will level out and will increase your metabolism so that you burn the fat quicker. It's worth the initial small gain. Also, the water retention wouldn't have helped!

yea i was so annoyed that i put on but im plodding on its keeping me occupied. i really enjoy exercising when i get into it i feel so much better in myself when i get on a role. i ended up having a slice of carrot cake on top of my syns on saturday night after a few vodkas and diet cokes, i hope it doenst affect my weight loss but i have stuck to less than 5 syns a day all other days. i jsut cant work outhow much the average slice is in syns!!

Dont fret over a slice of carrot cake Hun. It sounds as if things are absolutely manic for you at the moment.
I would do what Taz has suggested regarding the Gym membership. Just go for the casual one for now, rather than the £35 a month and then you can work out what would be the cheaper option.
You know the plan inside and out to know the better choises to make, so Im not going to preach at you there!
I hope things improve for you Hun I really do. I sympathise with the work v benefits problem as well. My wages just about cover my Daughter's Nursery fee plus a loan that I have for my car...I have nothing left for me. I'm just lucky that Hubby earns a decent amount, or I would be out of work....and I would hate that!

well, i think i must be turnin mad but i ended up at the gym at 6.30 this morning after my induction yesterday. it was really great. the gym itself has tvs built into all the equipment and special keys that track your progress, its all new and high tech and loving some of the weights machines, i worked out my bum/ outer thigh muscles and i dont think ive ever felt a burn there before like i did this morning. i feel like im becming a gym adict, cant be a bad thing but i cant wait to get there again!! :)

Well done Hun!
Sometimes it takes that little bit of extra motivation to get ourselves moving especially in weather like this, but the rewards after are amazing!
Keep it up!

yes thanks irene

so pleased with my 2.5 loss this week, have worked hard for it although i did have a slice of cake and a curry but i suppose thats what syns are for. off to the gym again tonight, its really working for me so really pleased ive kickstarted my loss again!

ROLL ON 9 stone 7!!!!!!

Back