Step 1 Sole Source Abi's weight loss diary!

Hey, stop being so hard on yourself. xxx

I don't know a huge amount about it, but surely even with the dressing, you are still taking in far fewer calories than you are using just by being alive.

Maybe you won't have stayed in ketosis, but as you've proved, you don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight. In fact if anything, not being in ketosis has probably made it more tricky for you this week, so kudos for sticking with it anyway. :)

I've got a bit addicted to the Coke Zero too. This diet is a fairly short-term thing, so maybe we can just deal with kicking the Coke once we start to step up?

Totm is almost certainly to blame for your funk, coupled with maybe not being in ketosis. Sleep, be kind to yourself, start afresh tomorrow. xx

I just bought the most gorgeous vintage looking bike, with a big wicker basket on the front!

658918.jpg
axiom_171436_01_12_z.jpg

I don't drive and the thought of doing so makes me feel queasy, far too much stress! So I bit the bullet and bought the bike! I thought, an extra bit of exercise can't hurt either. I needed to cheer myself up too after yesterday, so this was the perfect solution. It took about 3 hours of be umming and arring about the embarrassment of how I will look on it, but in the end I decided I would rather look fat on a bike than look like a beached whale at home on the sofa :) Plus, if my losses are consistent at 1st a month then I will be goal before Christmas anyway, a few months of potential ridicule is worth it! As it stands my husband drives but he works quite long hours and doesn't always fancy going anywhere other than at weekends. If I want to go anywhere I have to rely on public transport or extra long walks to get around. I am hoping this will give me some freedom and independence in that way. My husband is also an avid bike rider so maybe he will let me tag along one day lol.

I feel a lot better about the diet today. I have had a day of SS only just to kick me back into it after feeling so low yesterday. Althought couldn't resist a sodding coke zero :(

Thank you for saying be kind to yourself, Auburn! It's advice I often say to others and reading it really cheered me up, so much so I made the purchase lol

xx

Nice day today, kept myself busy with work and didn't mess it up too much. Had some frilled chicken, but it was a tiny amount (60g!) so don't feel too bad about it. I think I need to decide to either do ss+ fully and accept the food or just stick to ss without the little nibbles of protein now and then. Doing this in between thing isn't any good lol.

How is everyone going today? Let me know how your weekends went xx

Nice day today, kept myself busy with work and didn't mess it up too much. Had some frilled chicken, but it was a tiny amount (60g!) so don't feel too bad about it. I think I need to decide to either do ss+ fully and accept the food or just stick to ss without the little nibbles of protein now and then. Doing this in between thing isn't any good lol.

How is everyone going today? Let me know how your weekends went xx

I'm liking SS+ because it feels like I have normal eating patterns, and I think that will help me maintain (but that could be just wishful thinking!).

I have porridge and coffee for breakfast, a shake for lunch, a tuna/prawn/cottage cheese/egg salad for dinner and a shake for supper.

But last time around (years ago), I found it easier to just avoid food altogether.

Do whatever works for you. The weight will come off either way, so make it as easy on yourself as you can, I reckon! :)

My weekend was dire. Hormones and stress sent me headlong into a chocolate-and-wine situation. I even emailed my CDC to 'confess', and ask for a kick up the arris to get back on plan. She was really lovely though, and told me to focus on why I was doing it, and how it would feel to be slim. And not to let one bad day ruin an otherwise good week, which I CAN have if I choose to have.

So I am back at it, 100% yesterday and feeling good about being 100% today.

Is frilled chicken really a thing, or was it a typo? :D I found myself thinking 'Mmm, frilled chicken sounds nice, whatever it is!".

Bahahah FRILLED chicken too funny, definitely a typo lol. Does sound sodding delicious though!

I am so with you on the SS+ thing, it does feel easier. Although I am glad I did just ss the first week because in short, I can't be trusted with food! It was much easier the first week eating just the packs.

Well done for getting right back on it! I think it is definitely the recovery rather than the stumble that matters!

Think I will have a boiled egg for dinner now, not sure why but I want one lol!

3lbs off today! Very happy considering my bad week with being so bloated and TOTM!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done i lost nothing this week bit upset but CDC thinks its the heat so hopefully bigger loss next week

I am totally loving your new bike!! Well done for the 3lb loss, that's great!! Oh and boiled eggs are lush :D

Hi abi im in belfast too!! Week 5ish on ss and ive had a bad few days and its weigh in on saturday morning!! Boo

Hi Jgood!! I wonder if we have the same consultant lol! How did your weigh in go??

Thanks evi and soph! Getting there slowly... VERY slowly lol. (Well, not really but it feels it some days)

I am feeling a lot better this weekend as my bloating and TOTM all levelled out and I lost 3lbs over night with just the bloating water weight! Think I am on track for a 5-6lbs loss this week what with the water and all.

I want to see 15.8 on the scale by Tuesday and I am aiming to be 14.7 by the first week in August! Losing 3lb a week puts me on track to be my target of 9st12 by Christmas day. Although I have it under good authority the weigh loss slows down near the end :( I hope not though.

Looking great hon!! You must be able to feel the difference also! Even if just a little!

Wow! You can really see the difference in your pictures! Huge well done, you're looking fab :D

I hope I can keep going like you all have... I'm 3 days in and already missing food!

My consultant is in dundonald...debz her name is...
9st 12 for xmas would be amazzing!! I just want to b in single figures!!! Have 4stones to go for that right now.. 10stns 5lbs wud make me sp super happy tho

Oh mine is Therese down Stranmillis way! How was your weigh in this week?

I was late getting weighed this week, was meant to be Tuesday but ended up being today, 4lbs down :)

Back