Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

We flew from Manchester to Perpignan, picked up a hire car and drove down to Valras. I'd suggest for your first holiday that you fly into Toulouse if you can and then got to Carcassone, it's stunning

see
carcassone - Google Image Search

Hi Abz

Glad to hear your feeling a smidgen better... hope you start feeling a whole lot better real soon!!

Just listened to Purcell's trumpet tune its fab!! It made me think of the song that I walked in to the church so I've just put it on & its brought fabulous memories flooding back!!

Thank you for reminding me of it. xxx

(p.s. its this if you were interested! YouTube - pachelbel's Canon in D--Soothing music(the best version) ). x

So glad you're feeling a little better hun & Thomas is looking after you. x x

well they've hooked up one of our huge monitoring screens to the telly again as wimbledon is on. woo. now i just have to make sure i don't end up watching it all day long!!

abz xx

so have we. :D

Morning abz, how are you feeling today love?

not too bad jim. kidney's are settling down a bit but still a bit antsy. turns out i'm not going to see my boss for another week. so i won't have seen him for a month by the time our paths cross. he saw me walk into a pub while i was off. but he hasn't mentioned it to me. just to everyone else. so how can i tell him that since the doc told me to get out and about a bit i went to harrogate for a couple of ours and the person i was with wanted to go into wetherspoons for a jacket potato? if he doesn't ask i ican't defend myself. so am hoping he doesn't think i'm a big fat skiver. the fact that i flagged after about three hours and nearly fell asleep in the train station, well. he didn't see that. or me walking down the high street in a daze. so i'm rather irritated by that to be honest. obviously if i was skiving i wouldn't be stupid enough to go to his hometown on a saturday would i!!?!

in other news at work a suggestion was brought up by the bossman that users should be able to alter a database i designed themselves. something that i had already mentioned. however i refuse to do this until there is a live method of effectively backing up this database. as once users get their hands on a delete button god knows what would happen to it!! and we've moved our databases onto a different server so occasional manual backups of that particular one are all that is doing at the mo... but heels are being dragged. i'm going to look more into it myself i think since nothing has been done whilst i was off. but at least i managed to preempt the bossman for once!! ha.

abz xx

Hey Abz

Politics and policy of the sever..... such dilema's hey!

It's Mac vs. PC in schools over here. Usually because the techy know zip about Mac's.

X

i personally don't like macs. i think they have very good uses, mainly artistic ones, but none of which are any use to us whatsoever. we do have a mac disaster recovery bit though, for another office. but we don't have to do much with them thank god...

same here, our design team have Macs and we have real problems keeping them on the network, they just keep dropping off.

Abz, just tell youiur boss the truth love, works for me.

well i would jim, if he would ask. all i can do is hope that through the same grapevine i heard he saw me, he hears i wasn't out on the piss... if he won't ask, he can't complain. although i hate to think that he thinks bad of me if you know what i mean...

I do love, I'd take the bull by the horns and go and talk to him, tell him how it affected you and the symptoms etc.

i would if i was going to see him before next monday jim. it isn't something i'd want to do via email... i'll think about it.

Oh no abz, it has to be face to face love.

well good morning all. how is everyone today?

i managed to work out what was going wrong with my coding just before leaving work last night so i'm about to set about fixing it. i have a cup of tea at the ready.

i appear to have gone straight from being unable to stay away to being unable to sleep properly again. i did have a coffee yesterday afternoon after not drinking it for quite some time so today i'm going to give the coffee a miss and see if i sleep better.

hopefully going to the cinema tonight. probably to see terminator but we'll see what happens :)

abz xx

Morning abz,
managed to work out what was going wrong with my coding just before leaving work last night so i'm about to set about fixing it.

Have you ever dreamed about a problem and then woke up with the answer? I have, isn't that shamefully nerdy. LOL

i have woken in the middle of the night, thought 'woohoo' and then forgotten it again by morning... as a result pen and paper were then kept by the bed while i was at uni, ha. but it never happened again :(

but yes. i do sometimes now wake up with the answer.

i found another problem but have got a workaround in place for that at the moment. no doubt i'll have to do something complex with it at some point but right now it works as it needs to :)

ah, lol, it's not just me then is it. I can lose hours coding, I get so into it I don't notice anything going on around me. :(

me neither. i forgot to watch wimbledon yesterday afternoon, even though it was right in front of me and it was on mainly for me and was annoying my super :D

believe it or not, programming is not my job...

Ah.... the 2am lightbulb moment - I get those frequently x

well i woke up this morning dreaming about some teenagers torturing another boy by electrocuting him in a bath and it ended with him burning to death... not such a nice wakeup call...

quite looking forward to finding a honeymoon this weekend :D woo :D

abz xx

Back