Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Cyprus is lovely Abz you'll have a fabulous time!

Its phenominal(sp) how much people can charge for a wedding cake... I'm means its just a cake after all? Have you looked into buying the plain white iced ones from supermarkets in different sizes & then finding someone talented to decorate it for you?? Just a thought!

How are you doing otherwise? Are you still wiped? x

Good idea on the cake - Shell (Shropshire) on here has made some amazing cakes - in her photo album - why not ask her about it?

i don't really want a fancy cake. i am just going to get asda ones and stick some ribbon around them and some people on top methinks :)

am still fretting about this sodding honeymoon. why can't i just relax and get excited about it? i think it's because it's such a huge amount of money to spend on one thing. i can't stop fussing over it!! it's driving me insane!! but then how do you gage whether a holiday is worth the money or not? you just have to go!!

abz xx

When my mum got married last year she got a plan White cake from marks and spencers and asked the florist to make a posey to go on top..... They only charged 12 quid for the flowers and it looked lovely.

good morning everyone.

well, after keeping us up half the night panicking about our holiday, my phone ran out of battery in the middle of the night and we use that for our alarm clock and we woke up late. so i'm shattered but feeling better about our holiday. i know it's going to be lovely but it's so much money, and it was more the option we had rather than the place we chose to go if you know what i mean?

but i've found out that we are in a superior sea view room which should be amazing and it's all inclusive and the place does a gazillion health spa treatments so i'm trying to be all excited about it rather than panicking about it!! i feel so ridiculous. i can't cancel again. thomson would kill me. and i think at this point i would probably panic regardless of where we went or how much it cost, so i need to get a grip.

marks and sparks is my backup for wedding cake but to be honest i think i'm going to go to asda, get theirs, find something to pop in between layers to make it look a bit more impressive, stick some ribbon around it and plonk some people on top!! so now i just need to find some people that are really cheap to plonk on top. one of my mates suggested action figures but i think my mum would have a seizure!! ha.

abz xx

Morning all,

hey abz, where in Cyprus are you going? Paphos is lovely, but I like Limassol best, probably because it's a working port and harbour. I had a great weekend and have loads of photo's. :)

aren't you good susan :D

yes jim, we are going to paphos :) i didn't put a link did i? here it is...

Thomson Holidays - Hotel Atlantica Golden Beach

i have also realised that this is no longer listed as all-inclusive either so i'm thinking that we must have gotten the last one!! the all inclusive added on about 350 quid but given the prices in cyprus opposite the pound right now and all food, drinks, packed lunches etc for four star food, i'm guessing we would probably have spent more than that between us over 10 days.

let me know what you all think anyhoo :)

abz xx

Looks good to me abz, and i agree about the all inclusive as well

Paphos is lovely.

thanks jim :)

any recommendations of things to do? i've heard about the tomb of the kings which i really really want to go and see :D

We went there, well Colleen did, it was back in the days when I was too fat to walk far. I drove to the site and then sat in a Bar across the road. The photos she took were great though. The Troodos mountains are always worth a visit as well. We always hired a jeep for the stay, meant we could pretty much go anywhere. There are some catacombs and the acropolis near Paphos as well. Then there are the springs of Aphrodite. So many places, I'm sure the hotel will be doing tours love.

good morning everyone.

well, after keeping us up half the night panicking about our holiday, my phone ran out of battery in the middle of the night and we use that for our alarm clock and we woke up late. so i'm shattered but feeling better about our holiday. i know it's going to be lovely but it's so much money, and it was more the option we had rather than the place we chose to go if you know what i mean?

but i've found out that we are in a superior sea view room which should be amazing and it's all inclusive and the place does a gazillion health spa treatments so i'm trying to be all excited about it rather than panicking about it!! i feel so ridiculous. i can't cancel again. thomson would kill me. and i think at this point i would probably panic regardless of where we went or how much it cost, so i need to get a grip.

marks and sparks is my backup for wedding cake but to be honest i think i'm going to go to asda, get theirs, find something to pop in between layers to make it look a bit more impressive, stick some ribbon around it and plonk some people on top!! so now i just need to find some people that are really cheap to plonk on top. one of my mates suggested action figures but i think my mum would have a seizure!! ha.

abz xx

Hi hun if you go to Glenhalghs or whatever the heck its called......and ask them!

They do display cakes.....and at the end of the week or whenever they flog those cakes. We went and asked about the sugar people on top of one of those cakes but we could only get them the day of the wedding..........but if you go in they may be able to do something for you.

We only had 5 days to plan a wedding Lol..........xx

So glad you're found a honeymoon hun. x

thanks guys :D

well i'm shattered again thanks to mr murray!! i couldn't go to bed with a match like that going on!! aaargh. so little sleep for me, ha. but i have a cup of tea that will soon be cool enough to drink.

also went to asda last night and got two really fab dresses for £8 each. they are so fab that i think i'm going to go and get them again so that when i trash them on my hols i have backups!! ha. for £8 you can't go wrong can you really? if we're awake enough we're off to tesco tonight to see if we can get something else there, and possibly to asda (we were just at a home store last night) to see if we can buy a wedding cake.

abz xx

Morning abz, morning all, Yawn!!

yes abz, same here, we were late to bed last night as well. It was so hot and humid I ended up going to a spare room. Then we had a massive storm about 4 o'clock.

morning jim.

also forgot to say i'm back in the 13s... 9lbs to go to my lightest weight again... not likely to get there before the wedding, ha. but i would like to try and get down to 13st 7 if at all possible!! so that's my current goal. to get as close to 13st 7 as possible. of course it's my hen night this weekend so i doubt it's going to be a speedy loss. but at least i can be as good as possible this coming week.

abz xx

Back