Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

i've just seen that video of a pram rolling in front of a train in australia on the news. i can't believe that baby was ok!! i also can't believe the way everyone backed away from the mother as the train hit the pram. nobody seems to want to help... and the poor bloody train driver!!

hi everyone. was my day off yesterday and i didn't even check my email :)

unfortunately due to my avoidance of the computer i also forgot to transfer money into our account to pay the phone bill since halifax charges you, even on same day transactions. so that's going to be a £30 fee *sigh*...even though thomas got paid today, they process the bills first so even though his money will have hit the account, possibly within minutes of them processing the bill, wham. bank charge. i dropped the ball for a moment there. am thinking of changing our current account as i'm sick to death of it!! natwest rings me up if i do something like this so i can move dosh around as they don't charge on same day transactions!!

abz xx

Put a claim in for all those charges - see Martin Lewis's web site for the pro-forma letter - who knows what you might be able to claim.

Yes - I saw that video too. It was a stomach lurcher wasn't it x

I didn't see that, was it on the news this morning?

GMTV - OH didn't see it so we're waiting for it to come round again - it usually does. It could be on UTube too - I don't know x

it's on the sky news website i think jim. i saw it on sky news but it will be all over the place. when i first saw it they didn't say that the baby was ok and i was thinking 'why the hell are you showing us this!!'...

oh bloody great. we've just been asked to attend a meeting on thursday 29th, a couple of weeks after job cuts have been announced in the department we support... this is hardly going to be good news is it. now is really really not a good time for me to lose my job!!

Not good abz,

Jeez Gem, I've just watched that, how frightening.

Morning Abz and everyone :)

Woah that video is horrible! At least it survived but you're right how everyone just walks away from the panicing mum :(

Oh no, that's not good news about the meeting Abz :S but please don't be worrying too much at the moment, it could be about a number of things so don't just assume it's redundancies...

well the other office staff have a meeting at 11am that day it turns out, so ours is after that. god knows why. it can't be anything good can it?

yes abz, my thoughts exactly, are you the last one taken on?

no, i'm not jim. there is a newer person than me. but he's a lot more pally with the other guys (being a guy) even though i think he can be a complete w@nker... he tried to pass off my work as his in his early days and called contacts when i was supposed to without telling me, making me look bad. so he isn't in my good books. but he's a fella with all the fellas. and despite trying my best, that's a club i just don't fall into...

Oh but it shouldn't come down to that Abz :( That's so unfair. Try not to be worrying though... although that is easier said than done i know :S

well he's also good at being inventive with the time sheets, so no doubt it will look like he's been doing far more work than me too *sigh*... ah well. will just have to wait and see i guess...

Yeah just wait and see... you could be worrying over nothing... it could be a number of things so don't be thinking about it too much.

how do you not think about it?? thomas's work are considering shortening their hours to four days a week, although that's rumour so far... am thinking of going bankrupt and moving to denmark!!

It's not an easy situation to be in abz. I hope it's going to be Ok love.

Meanwhile Abz, make sure you are in a union - it's no good joining when the s**t hits the fan - if you're not in one join now! My union has been brilliant at getting what's right and fair - it's not good fighting on your own x

we don't have one gem. the company doesn't have them. there are external ones but i believe you have to pay a fee, something i don't have at the moment.

Mine costs me about £14 a month and is worth every penny - better paying union fees than not being represented. When I started paying fees I was on a very low wage but felt I couldn't afford not to. It sounds like you could possibly be in that position too. It's much harder to go it alone and win x

Back