Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

abz said:
i am pretty happy jim. have had a bit of a difficult day with iz but i think that's just because she got bored. we didn't do anything today really and i'm really tired but generally life is good :) she's being given her weetabix by daddy at the mo :) the blackout blind is casually draped rather than actually put up but at least it blocks some of the light, ha.

did a mid-week weigh in this morning and so far have lost nothing despite much calorie deficit and exercise. i am perhaps retaining water due to upping exercise etc, but who knows. i may have a whoosh before the end of the week, ha. i won't be stopping in any case.

have only had 350 cals so far today so am thinking of treating myself to some ice cream :) not sure what we're having for dinner yet so i guess it depends on that :)

soooo tired. the thought of exercising doesn't fill me with horror though, despite last night it had me jogging and jumping and squatting and all sorts... they really don't expect you to have boobs... i guess most skinny fit people don't have big boobs though... ha.

have managed to sew a few things to sell on easter weekend too, so that's a few more bits and pieces done. i really don't have enough to sell on a three-day event however!! ha.

abz xx

Sounds like you had a great day abz. Xx

Morning abz, yes it's hard to keep them entertained sometimes, Olivia spent a large part of yesterday playing in a cardboard box believe it or not, all those expensive toys and she plays with a cardboard box :sigh: still it kept her quiet. The other thing she likes to do apart from emptying thee pan cupboards is wipe tables, honestly, give her a wet wipe and she's off. LOL

Jim said:
Morning abz, yes it's hard to keep them entertained sometimes, Olivia spent a large part of yesterday playing in a cardboard box believe it or not, all those expensive toys and she plays with a cardboard box :sigh: still it kept her quiet. The other thing she likes to do apart from emptying thee pan cupboards is wipe tables, honestly, give her a wet wipe and she's off. LOL

Haha aww that's so cute Jim. It's funny how much they love the wrapping and not the present at that age :)

she likes to wipe too jim. and she likes to play with empty yoghurt pots... ha. she is being a bit whingey this week but i think she's getting bored if we don't go out somewhere. still. it's been a one-off week.

have just realised that she starts swimming lessons on monday... and i only have my maternity swimming costume still. it didn't matter when it was just the two of us going but now i'm going to be with the same group of mums for the next few months, maybe i should get myself a new one.... ha.

abz xx

Hee Morning abz, it's funny how they are isn't it. Olivia has finished her water babies course and now just goes to normal swimming with Jamie and Carol, Colleen and i are going to take out membership at our local swimming pool so we can take her swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays abz

well biggest loser and the wii fit board said i've lost 4lbs this week. this is most likely because i'd eaten before doing it the first time, ha. i weigh myself properly tomorrow. am hoping for a couple of lb down. if i haven't then i know it's due to water retention. i've been doing 20 mins of biggest loser a night at least and have been walking all over the place and making sure i'm keeping active and sticking to mainly 1200 cals a day, sometimes venturing towards 1500 but usually not. so i'm doing all the right things. i do feel better in myself for doing it too :)

i ended up sleeping on izzy's floor last night after sitting up with her most of the night. she would only sleep when i was holding her (this has never happened before) so i curled up on the floor holding her on the z-bed mattress and she stayed asleep that way. needless to say i've been rather tired today. and when we woke up again she was boiling. she's had a bit of a temperature all day so i don't think she's very well. not ill as such but really not herself. she went to bed late tonight but she's sleeping soundly so hopefully tonight won't be the same. if it is, thomas gets the z-bed and we get the bed tonight!! ha. poor thomas wondered where the hell i'd gone when he woke up this morning as he didn't wake up. he didn't realise i'd been up most of the night so he let me lie in a bit this morning.

have made more jewellery today and have covered half my living room in lavender flowers making smelly things too. i really hope i sell some of this or i'm going to have an awful lot of stuff lying around, ha.

abz xx

Hey hun,

Good for you keeping it up all week - I'm mega impressed. Hope Izzy's feeling better today. How did WI go?

We've both lost since we bought our dresses for the wedding so we'll be looking fab come Saturday! :D

Evening abz, I hope izzy is a little better, sounds like a touch of fever to me, Thank god I'm only a grandparent these days :)

well done on the weight loss, that's great news abz

well officially i've only lost 1.4lbs. i must be retaining water or something given my calorie defecit. but it's going down. so that's better than nothing :)

thomas is attempting to put izzy to bed and i'm going to go and do the biggest loser now :)

abz xx

Well, good luck to Thomas then and I hope izzy goes down and sleeps abz

ah well, claim the bed then, Thomas into the Z bed :)

i have chronic diarrhoea :(

i must have been on the loo about 20 times or more since the middle of the night. thomas has had to stay off work as there is no way i can look after izzy. today is a really naff day :(

haven't eaten anything yet but i think i should try something. dry toast here i come :(

abz xx

That's awful Abz. Hope you feel better soon. x :hug99:

Not good abz love :(

and it goes on and on and on... but i did manage to fall asleep on the bed with izzy for an hour and a half without running to the loo!! since the longest before that was around 25 minutes i live in hope.

i'm never eating ice cream again. calorie counted or not!!

abz xx

Oh Abz
Hope you are feeling better - you should send Thomas out for Loperamide (generic Immodium - much much cheaper) or even better, as you are entitiled to free prescriptions, call your GP and get it on prescription!

thomas went to the chemist and came home with immodium. i don't know why i didn't think of it before... ha. not in my right mind i guess. and i wouldn't have cared if it had cost a fortune the way i was feeling. i still don't feel 100 percent but i think that's just knock on and a wee bit of dehydration. i just had some soup and am off to bed.

Back