Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

i am actually feeling rather chuffed. someone just said to me 'by heck you've lost some weight haven't you?'

well i had before i went away... ha. still, just shows i can't look any bigger than when i went away which is a relief...

abz xx

I love it!!! went to a conference last week and one of my area managers asked where the rest of me was

luvvin it luvvvin it luvvvvvvvvvvvvin it!! haha

hee. well done lynn. well i've just come back from tesco with some cal free ginger beer. i am now allowed this on the 1000 plan. and you know what? it's scrummy. i was looking at the sugar free cola bottle sweets at work and instead walked to tesco and bought some grapes. how's that for dedication?? :D ha.

abz xx

Good for you on the grapes bar cola bottles........shame you have to work today - hope you are feeling better - how many coffees today? Speaking of which I'll just go and make one myself I think - celebrating the big 4 OH today (weight loss wise)........wish it was age-wise too.....ah well, seeing my ticker makes me feel like half that age......40 is the new 20 you know lol

wow minz!! that's great :D

unfortunately i have to work tomorrow as well. and i've munched my way through rather a lot of grapes. in fact i think that's my fruit allowance for the day in a couple of hours all grapes... i'll probably be dashing to the loo later. tell you what though. this ginger beer stuff is really hitting the spot!! it's not quite as good as diet coke as far as calories go. there are 10cals in two litres of diet coke and 20 of this stuff but it's a really nice change.

oh. and only a cup and a half of coffee so far today so the cutting down is getting there. hopefully i'll make it to the end of the day with just one more. ha. no caffeine in my ginger beer either :D

abz xx

Didn't the famous five drink Ginger Beer? If you're looking to make up a modern day 'CD five', my hand is up. lol

well today seems to be going so slowly it's stopped... unfortunately while i'm still at work rather than snuggled up on the sofa. gah!!

abz xx

well i'm back at work again today and i'm shattered!! i kept waking up all through the night. had no problems getting back to sleep again though. i think i was dreaming strange dreams...

well today has been rather busy so far. i'm about to pop off and make myself a cuppa i think.

i'm obviously one of the only people without a life at the weekend. it's very lonely on here today!!

weight is still heading in the right direction. scales couldn't decide whether i was the same as yesterday or a lb less but in either case that's hardly a terrible thing. onwards and downwards. i have even remembered my water flavouring today to try and encourage me to glug the clear stuff!! i know i'm allowed other things now but my weight loss seems to slow down if i don't drink at least two litres of water a day... something i really really haven't been doing!!

abz xx

Hi Abz - sorry about your nights sleep......I had weird dreams too, read somewhere on here about Christmas decos being in the shops and hello, what happened to Halloween.......so dreamt that I was making up Christmas hampers in a shop (whose Christmas section was on 3rd floor).....I was putting all sorts of c**p into the hampers (was doing a load of them) so woke myself up.....the boredom was killing me lol

Sorry you have to work again today - aren't you the trooper? Well done on staying good though........and remembering your water flavouring. It's lovely isn't it?

Great that your scales are behaving - that shy lb this morning will be gone tomorrow and hopefully with one of his/her mates as well lol

Have a good one........you'll be home in no time.

p.s. my weekends are pretty quiet too, do more during the week, so you are not alone there......sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself on here (bar a few reliable threads like yours) it's so quiet.

minz!! hello!! i was almost feeling the tumble weeds bouncing past!! ha.

i've only had a coffee so far this morning and my tummy is just reminding me that i should eat breakfast. i think it's because i'm usually at work from 7 and today i was in at 9 so i keep thinking it's too early for brekkie!!

today i have grapes. i figured i might boredom eat and grapes are better than anything else, ha. i'm getting better at avoiding that though.

i dreamt last night that i married my ex and i was like 'but where's OH gone? what's going on? why am i marrying you? what's happened?? am i dreaming. i'm not dreaming. oh god! aargh' and then i woke up, rolled over, saw OH, and felt much better, ha. and one of my cats kept pouncing on me too, ha. so i got a lot of cat cuddles and purring but not as much sleep as i'd like.

abz xx

well!! i decided to make my evening meal with quorn mince instead of chicken tonight. there's masses of it!! i can't believe what a huge portion size you get with quorn... i had to shovel some of it back into the bag off the scales. there's no way i could eat all that... and it swamps my pasta as it is... might think about getting some quorn pieces...

abz xx

quorn is fantastic! i absolutely adore the southern style chicken burgers. heaven!

i snuck some into my OH's stir fry the other night and he loved it too.

keep it up abz, you are doing great so far :) x

i'm not sure what quorn things are allowed. i've posted something asking but does anyone on here have any ideas?

abz xx

no idea hun sorry. i would imagine just the plain stuff as the burgers etc have things added to them like breadcrumbs x

and i can see why. i've been slowly eating this bowl of pasta with a tiny bit of tinned tomatoes, a mushroom or two and a MOUNTAIN of quorn mince for about half an hour now!! with the OH dipping into it for luck... ha. i just make sure he isn't lucky enough to get a pasta bit :D

abz xx

Thanks for the tips - didn't realise quorn mince was allowed on 810....must try it - nice change from fish and chicken (I'm growing gills and wings!)

ha. i've been on chicken and pasta for quite some time... ha. think i may go back to a wee bit of potato. actually it's quite a bit of potato. if only we could have gravy...

abz xx

Back