Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

well i have eaten for the country. a cheese baguette, a packet of crisps and a twix. i then went on a sweetie hunt but thankfully the entire office is sweetie free. at this point the chap sitting next to me practically shoved his last piece of chewing gum into my face, so i've now been chewing on that for about an hour and a half!! this is so bizarre!!

am now drinking sugar free squash and wishing to go home. am thinking of doing my gym induction this weekend if i can get up the energy and my back allows me to do so. failing that i may go swimming again. but would like to go to the gym and see if i like it. i would go on my gym ball but the cat popped it :( i do have my exercise bike at my disposal so maybe that?

abz xx

Oh dear Abz - sounds like self destruct mode is in force, with you desperately trying to stop it. Think the swimming idea is a good plan. Don't worry about the food too much, you can work some of that off at the pool and eat light for the rest of the day.

Love

ahhh abz haha, we're in the same boat lol. just finding anything we can and eating it. i'm with you. we must stop together!! x

Stop it at once young Elle! There, how strict was that? Are you terrified? Have you stopped?

Ahh, the power of Barb!!

i think i'm going to have some kind of chinese tonight. i fancy chicken and mushroom with boiled rice. which isn't too bad. and hopefully with that, the cravings will stop. i will have had something 'bad' and hopefully i can get back on the wagon over the weekend when i have nothing planned and am going to chill and play computer games and do some clothes washing and maybe go to the gym. i feel like i'm backpeddling and going nowhere. although i do admit to dancing around when moving computers upstairs instead of just walking... :D i have expended far more energy than usual the past couple of days and my weight is still going up... waaargh.

abz xx

oh no! that happend to me last weekend i just over ate a little bit, and didnt feel full on sunday, the 3 treats i had must have been high in calories :-( and i did go to the gym on saturday! i still put on a few pounds ! it was also thanks to my grandmother stuffing my face :D, :p. I do reccomend joining a gym!

i am so f*cked off right now!!

i was a named contact with an external company and they rang when i wasn't at my desk. so my colleague took the call and came to find me, telling me he was ringing back in 10 minutes. so i go downstairs back to my desk and finish off logging some things while waiting for the guy to call back. then my colleague just rings him without telling me and starts working through the problem. if i hadn't worked out who he was talking to i would have sat there forever and tried and called him when the ten minutes were up and looked like a fool, leaving a message when the guy sitting two seats down is talking to him. he just cut me out the loop, wanting to make himself look better and me to look worse. and when he came off the phone i asked him not to do that to me again. to just ring somebody who has me as a named contact without at least telling me first as it makes it look like i don't give a **** and i need to know that he has been contacted. his response? well i told you that he rang, he needed ringing. i pointed out that if he hadn't rung back in the allocated 10 minutes i would have rung him, but assumed he was finishing off something else, like i was. and would ring me when it was convenient to him. he just walked off. when i tried to say bye when i left he just ignored me. i am so f*cking pissed off. it's just courtesy not to try and get one up on your colleagues. he consistently tries to make me look bad and him look better. and because i'm the only girl and he's one of the guys sometimes he manages. i can't explain how mad i am. and because he wouldn't speak to me when i left i now have to work out how to speak to him when i see him on monday. and in the meantime i finished wiping all these bloody machines in the last two days because he was doing it so slowly it wouldn't get done in time. so i end up lumbering myself with the job for two days and this is what i get in return. what does he get? the boss offers to buy him a drink. AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

me xx

It's still a man's world sometimes Abz but we're getting there - honest!!! I understand how mad you must feel - it not being able to talk it through that makes it worse I reckon - in blanking you he managed to cut you out of the discussion too - horrible man x

well i just rang my mate (my supervisor) and had a big rant. he said i may have been a bit heavyhanded with the way i handled it (which i conceded). i just explained that i'd tried to just tell him quietly and calmly and he walked off mid-sentence and i lost it a bit. and if he didn't treat me with respect then how could he expect any back?

apparently he'd been told that at the very least he should have told me what he was going to do. that it was understandable that he'd wanted to get on and get the work done but he shouldn't have cut me out of the loop. which is what i'm so angry at. at least i've got my side across. and we're going to have to see how he is next week. but i've been in tears already. i'm so mad. and i think i'm overreacting but i'm hormonal and can't help it. and the boiler won't come on so i'm currently wrapped in a duvet and i'm bloody frozen!!

abz xx

well i just rang my mate (my supervisor) and had a big rant. he said i may have been a bit heavyhanded with the way i handled it (which i conceded). i just explained that i'd tried to just tell him quietly and calmly and he walked off mid-sentence and i lost it a bit. and if he didn't treat me with respect then how could he expect any back?

apparently he'd been told that at the very least he should have told me what he was going to do. that it was understandable that he'd wanted to get on and get the work done but he shouldn't have cut me out of the loop. which is what i'm so angry at. at least i've got my side across. and we're going to have to see how he is next week. but i've been in tears already. i'm so mad. and i think i'm overreacting but i'm hormonal and can't help it. and the boiler won't come on so i'm currently wrapped in a duvet and i'm bloody frozen!!

abz xx
Poor Abz - the guy sounds like a right d-head.....least you got to talk to your supervisor about it. Try not to dwell on it or let it affect your eating etc. Stay strong! x

ha. i'm not strong in the first place at the moment minz. weigh in on monday is going to be a peach!! i've never fallen with such a crash during this whole process until now and it scares me!!

abz xx

ha. i'm not strong in the first place at the moment minz. weigh in on monday is going to be a peach!! i've never fallen with such a crash during this whole process until now and it scares me!!

abz xx
Don't be so hard on yourself....you've had a bit of a blip, but you're not giving up and I think we all realise that we have to watch ourselves and not get complacent.......give yourself a break hun. x

i am trying to take the advice i dish out but i'm failing miserably. i'm not feeling guilty. just terrified i'm going to undo everything!! chicken and mushroom with boiled rice is the takeaway of choice tonight and hopefully i'll be able to sort myself out enough to get back in the game tomorrow...

abz xx

Abz
I have seen so many of us massively hormonal on here in the past few days (me included), Get yourself wrapped up in some
images
and be nice to yourself hun. You have so much going on at the moment, goodness, you are being mega hard on yourself, - hard work, wedding plans, sciatica, boiler (again!!!!), fu$ker at work........... the list goes on, step back and be nice to yourself.
xxx

Abz
I have seen so many of us massively hormonal on here in the past few days (me included), Get yourself wrapped up in some
images
and be nice to yourself hun. You have so much going on at the moment, goodness, you are being mega hard on yourself, - hard work, wedding plans, sciatica, boiler (again!!!!), fu$ker at work........... the list goes on, step back and be nice to yourself.
xxx

Again with the blobs! I sincerely hope that is a picture of cotton wool & not marshmallows;)

Abz, just make your co-worker a nice cup of senna laced coffee as a peace-offering for losing it with him. He'll never know the senna is there and will have to take the coffee as if he didn't it will make him look bad:sign0151:

Again with the blobs! I sincerely hope that is a picture of cotton wool & not marshmallows;)

Abz, just make your co-worker a nice cup of senna laced coffee as a peace-offering for losing it with him. He'll never know the senna is there and will have to take the coffee as if he didn't it will make him look bad:sign0151:

Do you know how hard it is to find a good pic of cotton wool!!! lol.
xx

i think i'm going to have some kind of chinese tonight. i fancy chicken and mushroom with boiled rice. which isn't too bad. and hopefully with that, the cravings will stop. i will have had something 'bad' and hopefully i can get back on the wagon over the weekend when i have nothing planned and am going to chill and play computer games and do some clothes washing and maybe go to the gym. i feel like i'm backpeddling and going nowhere. although i do admit to dancing around when moving computers upstairs instead of just walking... :D i have expended far more energy than usual the past couple of days and my weight is still going up... waaargh.

abz xx
Can I just remind you that there's a wedding dress to fit into??:hide:
Is it safe to come out yet?:D:D

THE WEDDING DRESS WILL BE FINE... AFTER I'VE EATEN MY WAY OUT OF THE PILE OF MARSHMALLOWS THAT CLARRI PUT ME IN OOBLEOOBLEOOBLE... and relax :D

i just feel really guilty for telling him how it was now. and the more i think about it, i can understand him wanting to get work done.. but it wasn't his bloody work. it was mine... why wasn't he doing his own sodding work? because i was having to do some of it... i don't know what else he was supposed to be doing. but i hate confrontation. and i really hate falling out. that really wasn't my intention. and i just feel really bad now :(

abz xx

Actually, marshmallows would do the same trick and you could eat your way out of them on a sugar high!!! Bit sticky though, but probably good for the skin!!
Dont be questioning yourself about your reaction. From what you say he has given you cause to be irritated about his behaviour before now, so this was something that needed to be done, especially when you are in a testosterone fuelled environment, sometimes you need to stand your ground.
As I said, be nice to yourself
xxxx

Back