Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

i have been looking at the online letters gem, but figured i should wait until they take these latest charges off us. plus i honestly can't remember how much they've taken off us over the years... couple of hundred quid probably. always when i'm stressed and i take my eye off the game for a minutes. we have to play our finances pretty close to the chest. bit closer now...

ah well. i have some birthday money incoming soon i think. so that can go into the wedding account after i buy myself a dvd or something, neither of my folks have given me a pressie yet you see. and we can save much more than we do already if we live on the aforementioned diet :) pasta for lunch...

abz xx

Abz - you can request the last 6 years of bank statements so that you can check - if they're charging you that much for one slip you may be surprised how much they really have taken x

i know it's been about five or six times gem. once was £90, again when we had nothing and i let a dd go through without noticing and i burst into tears at work... and i'm really not the kind that cries at the drop of a hat. everyone in work went into shock... so it's probably loads. when is the case due to finish?

have also been through our bank statements and have realised just how much money we've been wasting. unfortunatley it's taken a little blip in our cash flow for me to realise it. so we're on belt-tightening (well, hopefully in my case) mode for the next 4-5 months and hopefully we can save enough to pay for everything we've bloody booked!! also can't believe there are only five months until we get married, only four before my final dress fitting. seriously need to get thinner!!

scales were showing a bit more of a downward trend this morning too. woo. so we're going in the right direction... just not quite quick enough...

abz xx

Abz - I've put a link below to Martin Lewis who appears regularly on GMTV and has successfully helped loads of people reclaim unfair bank charges. It looks like the first round has gone against the banks and they're appealing but still advises people to put in their claim. It may be held up while the case is heard but will be dealt with eventually.

How to reclaim bank charges | Banking & Savings | Times Online

thanks gem. we have to pay £35 in about two weeks and then another £28 on the 31st March. the £35 is apparently for going overdrawn without agreement (to the price of £5.17) and the £28 is unauthorised overdraft fees... is it just me or are those two exactly the same thing with the words in a different order??

abz xx

is it worth getting an autorised overdraft just in case? the charges are stoopid and its another thing u can do without

it is indeed, and i've often thought of getting just fifty quid or something on it just as a buffer. but i know what we are like and am worried that we'll end up just using it. so the risk of charges usually keep me on my toes. as i deal with all the financial stuff. unfortunately when i'm dealing with lots of things sometimes i drop the ball... but they are b@stards to say the least. at least natwest ring me up and let me know so i can shove some money in as it's same day transactions with them, but with halifax if the money isn't in before 2am of the morning of the date of the direct debit you get charged £35 and whatever else they can think of...

abz xx

Hey Abz

Natwest don't bloomin ring me.. I've just been charged 2 lots of £38 for going over by £6.27! I've decided to try & reclaim back my charges from money saving expert its just getting too ridiculous & as I only work part-time is hard for me to reclaim £70 back in one month with all my outgoings... looks like I'll be asking hubby to bail me out again!!!

I'll let you know how I get on!

As your not doing CD anymore do you want the details for Cohens?? VLCD like CD but you can eat food so at least your not paying out for CD & I lost 1.5 stone per month on it for my wedding??

Lotza love. xx

hey honey. right now i'm just keeping the cals low and seeing how i get on. if you want to give me cohens info it would be welcome but i'm not sure i'll be up for doing it. like i say. pasta and potatoes are the staple part of our diet at the mo because they are cheap!! i was hoping that it was going to be farmer's market day tomorrow so we could stock up on fruit and veg but it's the wrong week. it alternates you see and it's next week. i was hoping i'd hit lucky...

going to a friend's house tomorrow and it's sunday dinner for lunch and takeaway for tea. the takeaway in question doesn't use much fat and does veggi wraps that look divine, although i've never had one, so think i may go for that.

as for dinner tonight. we've just finished watching some films (with my allowance of 10 large chocolate buttons. go me. i didn't eat the bag!! thomas did :D) and now we need to think of something to eat... let's just say the amount of food we currently have in the house is slim to none... sandwich anyone? beans on toast? ooh. beans on toast :D ha.

abz xx

Abz, Im so sorry to hear about all the sh$te you are dealing with. I think Im bad when my bank charge me 4.44 a day for being overdrawn unauthorised. You are really getting it all thrown at you at the moment.
Just sending you hugs. xxxx

The final crap is when they decided that they WON'T give you an overdraft limit cos they consider it to be more borrowing (even if you don't intend to use it)

yeah. they gave me an extra £1000... and it went. so i pay a fortune in interest now too... that was during our last financial crisis. we seem to go from each one to each one but relax when things get better rather than saving madly for the next one. i think this time i may have learned my lesson... OH is so bad with money that it's down to me to enforce it really and i'm too much of a soft touch. no longer!!

tuna on toast for tea. tomorrow we go shopping for fruit and veg at netto!! we are severely lacking in nutrition. tonight i'm getting out the tinned pineapple, hee. i thought working in IT was supposed to leave me rolling in cash!!

abz xx

Hi Abz

Have just found your diary...... so sorry to hear things are pretty bad at the mo. I guess a lot of people are in the negative equity boat at the mo. We managed to sell our house in the UK in August but had to buy the house at the bottom of the chain..... a real pain in the arse!! It meant that we couldn't afford the house we wanted here and we now have a house in the UK we don't want..... and have never even seen!!! We managed to rent it out eventually which just about covers the mortgage but if the tenants decide to leave I'm not quite sure what we'd do.

I'm sure you'll do just fine losing weight by following a low cal diet. I'd kill for a bowl of pasta and tinned toms right now!!!! I'm sure you'll be a lovely bride and have a fab day however much you manage to lose between now and then.

I do have just one question. Why do you want to learn Danish and live in Denmark?? Just wondered. We lived in Germany for 3 years and Belgium for 2, so I love living here and being able to read my mail!!

I hope you have a lovely weekend and try not to worry too much. In years to come you'll look back at this crazy time and wonder why you worried quite so much xx

thanks bonzo :)

was wanting to move to denmark because my OH is danish. so when we visit all his family and friends, unless they speak english, i have very little idea of what is going on...

it's snowing again here, which is not good news, as if they close thomas's work again we are definately definately in the poop!!

abz xx

woohoo!! OH is back at work. and hopefully getting overtime again as they'll have quite a bit to catch up on i would imagine. so hopefully in two weeks we'll be back in the game... and saving our little arses off!!

bless her, one of my best friends offered to lend us any money we fell short on for our wedding as her savings are very very healthy. i thanked her but said i would really rather not. saying that, it's really good to know that if we do end up in a big pickle given the deadline is looming, then at least we will have options. but with a teeny teeny bit of luck. just a teeny teeny bit we'll do just fine :)

OH did skid on ice when dropping me off at work today just as he was pulling up and hit the curb. so glad i don't take my seatbelt off as he's pulling up. it was a pretty hard slam and as a result my shoulder and collarbone really hurt :(

have run out of painkillers but discovered last night that ibuprofin do more than they used to for it so i may pick up some of those at lunch time as a stop gap and maybe pop to the docs for more tomorrow. i would really rather not take them as it does become a bit of a dependance... i'm working an extra hour today to make up some time i took off when the weather was bad, so after an 11-hour shift i will probably have changed my tune completely!!

abz xx

Hey Ditzee, you are not alone, i thought ' crikey, things must be bad!'

Hope your shoulder etc feels better later Abz. Nice to hear you sounding chirpier though.

Love

HOW RUDE!!!!! Well it does look a teensie bit sus doesn't it? haha x

Back