Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Oh dear Abz - it never rains but it pours! Try not to worry too much about property prices, they are going to be all over the palce for a year or two and who knows what will happen in that time. No good stressing over stuff you can't alter; easy for me to say. But you know what I mean.
The important thing is you have each other; may sound soppy but that really is all that matters. If you are well and have love, you are lucky.

Love and hugs

that's what i keep trying to hold onto barb. and there are a few things that i have wanted to do to the house that i haven't because i was thinking of selling it and they were a bit too individual, but i think if we just accept we are going to have to stay where we are for the timebeing i can get them done. and we need to have a really really big clearout. we have far far too much stuff!!

abz xx

well i've just had a sneaky peek at rightmove and property around our area and some of them have been on the market for months and have dropped to under £100k. so it really isn't worth our while to be looking at the moment. we need to stick at where we are and hope we get a really good low rate on a fixed rate mortgage so we can start saving up for a new car after the wedding, and then a baby, and then a deposit for a new place, and hopefully by the time our house is sellable we'll have a half-decent deposit to put down on somewhere and can cut our mortgage length a wee bit. it's on 34 years at the moment. but then i suppose in the scheme of things 59 isn't too bad a time to have paid it off... even though most of it will be the bank's money!! i'm sure we'll manage something. and i'm quite looking forward to doing things to the place we're in :)

abz xx

thats the spirit abz always look on the bright side. Im having a huge clearout here aswell...literally there is mountains of stuff am also getting rid of all sophie's old baby stuff bath, moses basket, buggy lots of stuff sick of looking at it!

I got tons of stuff too - drowning in it in fact!!!!

i think every house has devalued at min, if they are really radical changes u want to make id hang fire as this may not pay off in the long run, most people want traditional houses so dont lose money if u can help it

Just wanted to say that the most important things in life aren't things!! xxx

i know that. i'm not into 'things' so much. just want to be able to pay the bills and the mortgage without shrivelling into a ball of worry... we've had to do this so many times. can't we just have one little break? just one?

i'm feeling really down this evening. i don't really know what to do with myself. i guess i hadn't really realised how much i wanted to move. i thought i was 50/50 between moving or fighting it out here, but now that i can't move i suppose i wanted to move more than i thought...

but it isn't that. i know we can stay here for a while. it's a nice area, it's just a tiny house. but that's ok. i just seem to have hit a total fug this evening. my back is really bad. i'm running really really low on painkillers so i guess that is going to have to be tuesday's job...

need to get me a smile.

abz xx

((((Hugs)))) Abz - you WILL pull through - you know you will x

i know that. i'm not into 'things' so much. just want to be able to pay the bills and the mortgage without shrivelling into a ball of worry... we've had to do this so many times. can't we just have one little break? just one?

i'm feeling really down this evening. i don't really know what to do with myself. i guess i hadn't really realised how much i wanted to move. i thought i was 50/50 between moving or fighting it out here, but now that i can't move i suppose i wanted to move more than i thought...

but it isn't that. i know we can stay here for a while. it's a nice area, it's just a tiny house. but that's ok. i just seem to have hit a total fug this evening. my back is really bad. i'm running really really low on painkillers so i guess that is going to have to be tuesday's job...

need to get me a smile.

abz xx

Hey Abz

Sorry you're feeling 'funked' right now. Can only offer practical advice & that would be to telephone your GP surgery which should redirect you to the 'out of hours' (OOH) service. If you explain you have run out of back pain meds then hopefully you won't have to wait 'til Tuesday to get some.;)

You are one of the most supportive peeps on this site - hope we can be of some support to you for a change

Hey abz, didnt realize ya had a diary, been lurking around the site and having a nosey. Anyways sorry to hear about the house situation I am sure it will get better, its been one of those days and I hope tomorrow shines better for ya, take care hunny

OMG Abz!!

Hang in there darl things always work out in the end. With all your stuff chuck it on ebay I sell heaps on that site.

And you are right many are worse off than you and you own your house and so you have many things to be smiling about. Also the wedding will all come together and be lovely along with your determination to loose you weight.

Love you lots

Bren
X

Hi Abz. I hope today is MUCH better for you - sending you some good vibes and (((hugs))) x

thanks guys :) my eyes are all puffy today. i had a great big bawl after going to bed last night and i feel much better for it, even if i am peering through half closed lids today.

feeling much better today. like a great big hormonal fug has finally f*cked off. also realised that since i can't drown my sorrows in a vat of ice cream any more, a great big bawl is my only option when things get a bit much.

i didn't realise i had just been living with the assumption that we would be moving to the area we want to. but i had been. but no worries. it isn't going anywhere. and in a couple of years who knows, i might get a fabulous job over in denmark and we'll move over there :) that's something else i've always wanted to do... live in denmark, if even for a short while, so i can learn the sodding language!! it's impossible trying to learn it from OH over here. i just end up incredibly frustrated!!

OH is making coffee right now :D much needed. i had a corker of a headache and my back was giving me issues and sleep wasn't at the top of the list really.

still. today i'm going to make a list of all the things i want to do to the house and see which ones are achievable. half of them we can do now but haven't been bothered, like rehanging our wooden blinds. i took them down when we got new windows thinking i fancied curtains instead, but one room still has a stripey blanket in the window as i never decided what i wanted... so i've wanted to put the blinds up to tie the rooms together again, and get new doors for the living room and kitchen in wood stained to match the original doors upstairs. i digress. i'm not going to bore you all silly will my plans (wallpapering the chimney breast with a large print wallpaper in a funky design) sorry, couldn't help it :D

thank you so so much everyone for your messages :)

abz xx

Nothing like a good cry to get things out of the system. A new day, and the old Abz back........you are such a positive person Abz, an inspiration to us all.

Don't think for one second that your boring us with household improvements (I for one would love to see the list).....might spur me on to do a few unfinished tasks. Great idea to list what you want and prioritise them........you'll probably be amazed at how many can be done relatively easily (and for little/no cost). Go girl!

Back