Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

well minz. when our luck turns it TURNS!! :D hopefully it will stay this way. although i don't think even a lottery win could top how i feel right now :) i didn't realise how scared i wasn't letting myself be until i didn't have to be any more. hopefully things will stay this way for her. all you can do is hope and hope and hope. but today we get to be HAPPY :D :D

abz xx

What amazing news Abz... You're right just enjoy 'being happy' :)

Amazing news Abz. So glad for you both. xx

i am still bouncing off the ceiling :)

still. today is another day. i got my programming working yesterday, despite having spent most of the day dithering about. ha. yesterday's healthy eating went with almost no hitches, although there were one or two red licorice shoelaces consumed after dinner. but that's it. all sweeties gone from the house. and it was hardly disasterous. unfortunately due to my need to eat whilst waiting for my friend's news i have eaten most of my apples... well. it was better than working through the office chocolates. but i've left myself a bit short today. and i've forgotten to bring in my yoghurts... so it looks like i'm off to tesco later again... am ready to get back into the drinking water thing again. i've been absolutely bloody terrible at it. hoping some of my weight gain is water retention.

and my upper arms are sore. i have little bumps on them and i researched and the only thing to do really is exfoliate. which i did. and now my upper arms are sore, ha. the exfoliation gloves my mum gave me for christmas were a little more exfoliating than i expected. i guess i'm lucky to still have skin at all!! ha. still. hopefully it will help in the longrun :D

right. i don't really have anything interesting to say this morning. just wanted to wish you all a very merry day :)

abz xx

Abz great news on the friend front!

Eating apples too regularly can make you a little more hungry, Cohen's recommends that if you are getting hungry after you eat apples (because you have been eating them every day) change fruits for a couple of days.

Bren
X

ha. i probably will bren. i only have one left out of a bag of six from yesterday. four met their maker in rather short succession with nervous eating, but it was either that or biscuits :)

saying that i haven't eaten apples for ages so i doubt they'll stop filling me up quite yet :)

abz xx

True, for me it's usually after eating 1 a day for about 4 weeks then it gets to me.

I find that Elave intensive cream is great for dry skin on the arms - especially in winter when they're covered up most of the time - it's quite greasy when you first apply it, but soaks in.

So glad to hear the good news Abz, just what you needed to hear. Now you can really look forward to your wedding with no clouds over it at all.

Love

thanks guys :) have been hearing all the gory details via email this morning. sounds like she's been through the mill. she's only 25!!

it's her birthday in may. what a celebration that will be now :)

abz xx

Great news about your friend. x

there's more danish prattling going on in the background... i really must learn it so i can eavesdrop more effectively!! he could be saying anything!!

off in the bath. must exfoliate arms :D i know, i know. i'm crazy :D

abz xx

Fab news for you and your friend. She must be on cloud 9.:D

thanks helen. she really really is :)

well i was lying in bed this morning and taking stock of how much time i have left before my wedding and how much weight i have to lose still and my stomach nearly came out through my ears (i know, bad imagery, but still) so i'm having to take stock again. shift gears. make sure i'm eating only the cals i should be. it really sucks being too skint to do cambridge at the mo. but to be honest my head isn't in the right place for sole sourcing and if it isn't in the right place you don't manage to do it and then you beat yourself up and it goes around and around. so i'm going to stick to cal counting until we are more sure of our finances and see how we go.

as for my spotty arms, the exfoliating seems to be helping. i've been told they won't totally go away, but it will all help :) and it isn't that bad to begin with, so maybe they will. we'll see.

tonight i'm meeting a couple of friends for a catch up and a big natter about wedding things :) one of them is getting married on the same day as me and the other a couple of weeks after. so we'll be able to compare notes. this will, unfortunately, involve food. but the salad option won't be much good because i'm going swimming afterwards. so may lean towards lean meat and veg. will see where we go. and maybe a banana, ha.

swimming tonight too. am going to continue with breaststroke rather than crawl as although it doesn't kill me as much as crawl does, i find it more relaxing and it works my back and arm muscles much better. and my arms certainly need toning. and if i remember to hold in my tummy it will tone that too :) so half a mile of that at least tonight :) hopefully :) if time will allow it and if i can do it without sinking...

was going to go and buy wedding rings on saturday and then realised that i couldn't really until i had lost a wee bit more because i'll have to get them resized. so think will give it another month and see if my fingers have shrunk any more...

may call into moss bros on saturday morning to look at waistcoats though and see if OH will choose a different one or if we're just going to go with black...

abz xx

Back