Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

well i eat plenty of veg bron. well. i'm supposed to. i haven't managed it in the last day or two, but usually, i eat plenty of veg. and i have been nibbling on raspberries and blueberries, which you aren't supposed to do in induction, but i've made sure my carb count stayed low. i finish induction on sunday, and then i'm gonig to look more at staying low carb, so keeping off bread, cake, pasta, rice, things like that, but increasing my veg allowance. keeping a general count, but not being too over the top with it. unless i stop losing weight of course.

now since every website i've checked in on, including the nhs, says that when you're trying to get preggers you should be eating starchy foods, and i know that low-carbing has a bad rep anyway, but if that's what everyone's saying... well. at the moment losing weight is the best chance of improving my ability to get pregnant. but if i only lose a lb or so a week on atkins i will switch to something more doc-recommended i think... and i will HAVE to stick to it as my reasons for doing it now are even more important to me than fitting in that sodding wedding dress (obviously, ha)...

so. that's the plan. i talked myself out of it today so i could see how it goes... but we'll see.

think i'll toddle off to bed now, ready for work in the morning :)

abz xx

Hey Abz, it's stupid o'clock in the morning and I can't sleep. I've spent hours over the past few days reading the whole of your diary, all 299 pages lol.

Well I'm back on minimins and back on CD. Not with Kay though, with one of her successful dieters who is a CDC now. She's a bit more convenient for me.

Got loads to tell you, sorry I've been MIA for so long, we always kept saying we were going to meet up.

Love the wedding pics, congratulations :)

If you're trying to conceive the most important thing to take is folic acid. Supposed to take for 12 weeks before pregnancy and for the first trimester. Prevents neural tube defects.

Will be following your diary closely now I've caught up with it :)

Em xx

Hey Abz, hope you have a good day today and do tell how are your losses????

Oh and the odd dreams LOL!!

Bren
x

hi em!! it's great to hear from you. i've been wondering what you've been up to and where you've been :) glad you are back in the game :)

i'm already taking folic acid after the doc told me to yesterday, ha. the recommended dose is in my multivit, but so is iron. and i know atkins says not to take multivits with iron, so i don't really know what to do about that. i don't eat masses of red meat. i tend to eat more chicken and mince maybe once or twice a week, so i don't think i'll go into iron overload... think i'm going to try and make a docs appointment on monday and ask all the questions that i forgot to on friday... i need to know whether i can take my cocodamol too as it's a high dose.

abz xx

Good idea Abz.

Dont think your allowed to have iron tablets as it can cause birth defects?? Just best to check with the doc on everything. Cool babies!!!!!!!!!

Another year for me I think.

xx

well the multivits i'm taking are for people trying to have a baby bren... and there's iron in them. and like i say, i don't eat that much red meat so i doubt there's masses in my diet, but like you say, best to find out isn't it?

I'm the same as you Abz... I forget to eat my carbs! Which is crazy considering that I'm a complete carb-o-holic when I'm on them!!

i know linzi. it's mad. my mouth has been tasting rather metallic of late which means that i just can't eat some things that i would have thought were yummy, ha.

have had night on two litres of water so far today and hope to have another litre in me before bed time. and have had two cups of green tea. so that's a massive improvement.

cheese has been a major factor of my menu again today... to be honest as long as i keep losing weight i'm not going to worry about it too much.

one of my friends asked me why, if i'm worried about low-carbing affecting my chances of getting preggers why i didn't eat a normal balanced diet. i had to point out that where carbs are concerned i'm far better at abstinence than i am at control, hee. she said that i would have to once i get pregnant. but i think that the incentives then will be so great that it will be much easier to do...

in any case, that could be months and months and months in the future, so at the moment i'm concentrating on getting my weight down which improves my chances in any case, taking my vitamins, and i'll talk to the doc about it on monday if i can get an appointment. if only i'd thought of all of these bloody questions before i went last time!!

well. i get to head home in 10 minutes. headache is still coming and going. but not too bad at the moment. if i take it easy tonight i'm sure i'll be ok tomorrow too. i just haven't been able to be that productive today as i've been unable to concentrate at the screen for large periods of time...

i will see you all tomorrow :D my last official day of induction.

abz xx

Sooo... I thought Atkins was no fruit or veg whatsoever... So you get the veg but not the fruit, or just veg for the induction week? Sorry, I should probably go on Wiki and look it up myself instead of acting like a right old ditze!

Wow, good luck getting preggers! Hubs and I just spent a week and a half with our two year old niece and new born nephew, which has helped put us off for a looooooong time :D We always said we were going to wait, but now we're waiting longer!!

Enjoy Sunday!

Bron

Personally I think a higher level of Atkins would be fine whilst pregnant, long as you get plenty of vits and mins and veggies and up your carb level a bit. The baby needs your energy to grow but i'm not convinced that it needs tonnes of carbs. Probably 50-80g carbs a day would be plenty. But I need to do some reading about it.

As far as iron goes, you need to be overdosing on grams and grams of it for it to cause a problem. What is in multivit plus diet seems to be fine.

It's a minefield lolol. I had my implant out just over a month ago and i'd like to conceive too. We shall see.

Well done on day 13 Abi, i'm just finishing day 3 of SS. Not had enough water today because i've been running round Leeds getting my OH's tattoo done.

well i've had my implant out for about four or five months now i think. and damn it. i had forgotten how horrid totm was, ha. i didn't get it with the implant...

good luck with ss. you are in the nasty bit now, a couple more days and you'll be sailing :D you can do it babes :D

once i'm pregnant i'm coming off atkins, but as that could be a long time in the future i'm just concentrating on getting my weight down, which will also help.

and my size 18s feel like they fit again rather than feeling like i'm sewn into them. so that's good, ha. now i just need to get back into my smaller 18s (my 17s...)

eventually i WILL be a bloody size 16!! i want to be a 14, but the size 16s have been eluding me for bloody YEARS!!

abz xx

Abz you will get into those 14's trust me. Atkins is working for you which is wonderful. Cohen's plan recommends only 3 serves of cheese per week if they may help you later if you stall. I remember, perhaps Britishclaire mentioning that cheese stalled her. She trialled taking it out for a week and she lost! Pretty certain it was her??? Anyways just a thought if you reach that point.

With anything it's about variety so we dont get bored and the body doesn't stabilise and get used to things. Many of us appear to be going well at the moment. LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!

xx

long may it continue indeed!!

yes. cheese is the first thing i'm going to cut down in if i start finding things difficult. especially since i eat so much of the ruddy stuff!!

had a sneaky look at the scales today and if they stay the same (fingers crossed) then i've had a decent loss this week too. i managed lots of water and green tea yesterday, i need to do the same today..

speaking of which, i'm going to go and make my first green tea now. i've got hard-boiled eggs for brekkie today but i don't quite fancy them just yet, so green tea first i reckon :)

abz xx

Sooo... I thought Atkins was no fruit or veg whatsoever... So you get the veg but not the fruit, or just veg for the induction week? Sorry, I should probably go on Wiki and look it up myself instead of acting like a right old ditze!

Wow, good luck getting preggers! Hubs and I just spent a week and a half with our two year old niece and new born nephew, which has helped put us off for a looooooong time :D We always said we were going to wait, but now we're waiting longer!!

Enjoy Sunday!

Bron

Did somebody call??

Well done on getting to day 14 Abz.. had my first weigh in this morning so I'm just a week behind you. x

How's today gone Abz? I had my implant taken out because I was one of the unlucky ones who never stopped bleeding. Got very sick of it.

Today was day 4 on CD for me. Had my parents and sister over so I made them sandwiches and biscuits and cakes - groan. Mum was not very impressed I wasn't eating but I had a strawberry shake and cup of tea and smiled. I did try a mouthful of her mocha cupcakes to be polite as she had baked them and brought them with her, and it was yummy to be honest. Had a couple of spoonfuls of my egg mayonnaise too. I refuse to beat myself up, I've done CD in the past, lost 30lbs and even then I would have the odd piece of cheese or egg.

Am just having a cup of tea and watching a bit of telly as they've gone home now. We went for a walk around Leeds too, so a bit of exercise.

Were you at work today Abz?

Morning abz, morning all. what a great weekend :D and England brought the ashes home. Perfect.

Back