Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

ABz oh no about the scales!!! My what on earth are you to do??
LOL

Bren
x

phew! finally cought up on all 308 pages lol

awwwwwwwwwww congrats on the wedding abz!! you look stunning in your dress!!

im of to work today....soooooo boring!

have a good day luv katie
xxxx

Hi Abz, how did you break your scales? I'm off for a pedicure at the White Rose centre tonight, nice treat as I haven't had one since I was in America. I'm thinking of getting some highlights put in my hair too, before I go on holiday. Hmm. How you finding Atkins then? Sticking to it ok? Do you feel like your clothes are getting loose even if you can't weigh yourself?

Em xx

well my scales miraculously started working again... but weighed me either 3lbs lighter or 3lbs heavier or something in between. so i might give it another day, ha.

i now have black and red hair and it rocks. i'm still a little uncertain as it doesn't look as i expected it to, but it does look fab :)

not yet. may attempt to take some with the IT camera once the chap i'm working with has left, but i don't think it will look right to be honest in fake light. daylight shows how bright it is much better :)

only another five hours and i can go home.... *sigh*

Hi all hope we are having a lovely day!

Bren
X

hey there everyone.

well my scales seem to be behaving again, and i've felt like i've been getting bigger, and the scales have confirmed it!! i can't believe it. i've managed to GAIN weight whilst avoiding carbs. my body hates me. and it isn't a fluctuation, it being 10 days since i last weighed in... also tested for ketosis this morning and i THINK the stick went a teeny bit pink... but it shouldn't go a teeny bit pink first thing in the morning. it should be practically purple really, so i don't think i'm far into ketosis... grr..

i have been examining what i've been eating for signs of carb creep, but i'm still under 25g of carbs per day. so this just sucks!!

i know my body needs me to chop and change diets a lot or it just gives up, but it's usually longer than a month!! i'll see how i go this next week. it isn't just me giving up because i'm having a stall. i'm finding this easy. but i have been feeling pants in so many ways since starting atkins. i never got the ketosis burst of energy, so maybe it's just time to concede that low-carbing doesn't agree with me? even though i thought it was the only thing that did?

we'll see how i go :(

i got my new glasses to go with my new hair :D and i'm going out after work tonight so am wearing my red dress to match my red and black hair :D

abz xx

Abz bummer about the gain. Just means tonight you need to boggie your butt off!! LOL

Atkins made me gain but really think that I need to cut out cheese and have smaller portion sizes. I did just go crazy with eating because I was allowed to, if you know what I mean? It does and did work and then i got complacent about portion sizes.

Bren
XX

but i don't eat large portions bren. in fact i don't think i've eaten such small portions ever.

the more i think about it, the more i'm thinking that this isn't going to work well for me. i have felt rotten since starting...

i'm really hungry and am considering going and getting myself some cereal. the other problem with atkins is that it is costing us the earth!! and we are so skint right now!! i don't know what to do. i would like to keep on avoiding bread, but i may switch to low cal and see if my body and my hormones return to normal...

Low al sounds good that way you can fill up on salads and fruits. Perhaps write a list of possible meals options i.e breakies, snacks, lunches and dinners etc and then just pick one everyday??

I agree it was a little pricey with Atkins for me too.

XX

i just don't want to give it up as i find it so easy to eat atkins foods :(

ah well... onwards and onwards we go... maybe i can switch to sw or something. it's always possible to do that cheaply, ha. or calorie counting. i haven't given cal counting a good shot for quite some time....

oh i don't know what to do now!! aargh. i hate this :(

i think i'm going to give cal counting a shot maybe. i am sick of hormonal upsets and headaches, and having to take extra vitamins. it's so expensive. i know i'm sounding like i'm having a down day, but i've been considering this for some time. and with trying to have a baby i can't keep having hormonal upsets :(

so what do i do? it feels like giving up :(

abz xx

Hiya mate. I just wanted to send you some hugs. :hug99: Got no advice on the diet thing - I loved doing Atkins but that was years ago, and the butcher was my best friend :giggle: If you haven't tried calorie counting it might help - at least that way you can lower or lift your intake according to how the scales are behaving. Anyway, more :hug99: and plenty of :vibes: for ya.

thanks guys. well. the deed is done. i am sitting here eating a few grapes, ha. my tummy is undecided as to what to do with them as yet, but i'm taking it slow.

i'm going to have to learn how to avoid cheese now... waargh :D

Hi Abz

I know I have been AWOl a while, life just keeps getting in the way. I love to drop in on you though and see how you are doing and i just can't help thinking your body is 'all dieted out' and I wonder if it is time for a new approach?

I'm doing this thing where i basically deny myself nothing but because I can have what I like when I like I mostly don't! I knwo it sounds mad but it is working. I'm really listening to myself and making better choices. Is the weight falling off? No, but it is slowly going and thats good enough. I'm trying to think in terms of what would be good for my body - i am a biscuit crunching carb monster and that has to change.If I desperately want a biscuit i have one but i give myself the option of fruit first, which 7 times out of 10 wins, time was the biscuit would have won 10 out of 10.

Thing is Abz, I've been dieting over 35 years and it doesn't work. It makes me obsess and I'm sick of it. I don;t know for sure that this route will work and I do know it will take months and years not weeks but it is do-able. There is no guilt and everytime I go for the healthy option I give myself a huge pat on the back.

Maybe you could consider something similar and give your bod a break from dieting?

Lots of love

Hey Abz
I know you are getting ideas thrown at you, but I agree with Ditz, how bout low GI. Im with you on the cost factor with things like atkins, south beach etc. For me, it has to be able to fit in with my family too. I have realised that i have developed a sensitivity to wheat, especially white, so am trying to avoid it as much as possible. I now make my own rye and spelt brown bread, and use spelt pasta. What Im saying is that you can introduce complex carbs, as in GI. Maybe tricking your body with something like the johnsons up down days is what your body needs. It sounds like it needs tricking!!!!!
Hugs to you anyway, you are so good to keep going cause you do seem to have a bod that doesnt want to give in easily!!! lol.
xx

Abz what do you feel like doing? Do you just want to eat normally without having a definite plan? Perhaps complex carbs, I agree and smaller portion sizes of perhaps just normal, non restrictive foods. A healthy balanced diet?

Bren
X

Back