Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Yay! Decision made on which plan (the diet word is banned) is 1 step.

100% till Izzy's birthday is a good plan - you can lose quite a bit in 2 weeks if you stick 100%. Then worry about Denmark after that. 1lb a week would get you into the 16s, why not aim for that then anything else is a bonus. I always set myself small achievable targets as I can't deal with failure - I'm even competitive with myself!

You know you can do it - you've done it before your wedding. Now you have the best possible reason for wanting to be healthier - your beautiful little girl who gets more active by the day. I'm here if you need a chat or vent.

Looking forward to fun things are you joining us on Fri / Sat for Claud/Tom's birthdays? Would be good to see you. X

well so far all i've done is get fatter... but i hope you're right :)

you are looking absolutely bloody cracking honey :D

abz xx
Thanks babes... been a long hard journey but its nice to be reaping the rewards now. x

hey guys. thanks so much :)

well i'm on day 4 of low-carbing and so far so good. i haven't felt absolutely sodding awful this time around. mild headache occasionally but in the past i've felt like i've had a four-day hangover from hell so i'll take it :)

so far, if you can believe it, i have lost 6lbs... i know it's all water weight. i know that, but seeing the scales go down is awesome. and hopefully i'll be in the 16s for izzy's birthday after all given that i'm now 17st 2!! woohoo :D ha. and hopefully some fat will go after the water.

knowing that it's water weight really helps. my trousers feel looser already but i know that if i do the 'well i've been doing really well i'll just have a... (carb binge)... then all the water will reappear, my trousers will be tighter and it's all been for nothing. so the game is on...

i'm not following atkins so i'm not being uber strict. i'm staying at about 20carbs a day at the moment but have included in that a square of dark chocolate or a small glass of wine and it seems to be working for me.

i am indeed joining all the partying this weekend helen. although low-carbing and going to wagamamas... really? ha. they do a steak salad that i'll have to get i think. i think it's the only thing that isn't a noodle... :D

so i'm feeling really good about it. haven't struggled yet. thomas isn't doing it so i'm surrounded by bread and crisps etc and i just don't want them. i just want to get thinner.

izzy is fab. she has started saying raaaaar when you ask her what a lion says and says ah ah ah when you ask what a monkey says. her snake is so far blowing a raspberry but she's getting there. i can't believe she's one in a couple of weeks!! aargh. ha. it's gone so fast!!

she isn't awake yet so i'm going to watch csi and chill before the mayhem begins. off to the white rose to get her feet measured and am going to have to take my own lunch!! ha.

abz xx

Morning abz, you sound brighter than you have for a while, well done it's starting to work for you. LOL @ little izzy :)

Go you! 6lb is awesome. You sound like you have tonight sorted. I don't know if the plan for tomorrow is stil BBQ but if it is you can just have loads of fab meat so neither party will cause you an issue. You're doing so well - keep it up. X

Oh my goodness Abi can't believe Izzy is almost one!! No way! xx

Morning abz and little izzy, yes it's nearly a year gone there ;)

6.4 lbs gone this week. not bad considering the two parties and surprise dinner date from thomas. i managed to low-carb throughout, although i suppose the odd drink may have slowed things i'm rather happy with that. i am 17st 1.4lbs now. i may not make it into the 16s by izzy's birthday but hopefully i will. it's a week on thursday :D

hope all is well with you guys. i have the big birthday bash for mum and izzy this saturday but am not going to cave. no cake for me. i will be having a teeny sliver of izzy's cake on her birthday with my friends a week on saturday but that's it. i just want to have had some of her very first birthday cake :)

loads of love.

abz xx

Morning abz, well done love, that's good going, LC obviously works for you

Aww Abz that's AWESOME! Well done. Chuffed for you :) And of course you have to have some of Izzys first birthday cake! I would never forgive you if you didn't :p

Personally I'm so far from dieting now it's unbelievable. I couldn't be further away. I'm probably going to eat a Tunnocks Caramel bar in about 10 minutes lol. Suppose I'm still keeping my lunches quite low cal out of habit but the evenings are often chocolate and biccy sprees. No doubt I'll be on here myself in a panic soon enough. I'm just feeling so exhausted constantly at the moment I don't have the energy to diet!

xx

Great loss Abz, well done. :D

As for Izzy's first birthday cake, I'm sure it's law that you have to have some so you can't argue with that! x ;) :)

thanks guys. i thought it would be rather illegal not to have any!! ha. hopefully the downward trend will continue. i seem to be eating less and less though.

can you tell me jim, can you go into starvation mode by not eating enough on low carb? not that i think i'm close to that, just that i don't really get hungry any more and i just seem to snack on the odd bit of this or that... saying that i just had a large omelette for tea... ha.

abz xx

Brilliant loss Abz - Imagine - Izzy one year old already x

Morning abz, yes you can love, I made that mistake a couple of times, then 'd stall

Back