Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

There you go Abz - you are concentrating on the numbers but not on the changes to your body, which have obviously occurred while you weren't looking :rolleyes: Brilliant - NOW CELEBRATE IT - It's a success - YAY :D x

thanks gem. thanks dancing :) it's good to see you xx

well it's christmas dinner at mum's this weekend since we're going away for crimbo proper.

so. lots of food bought by me so i can control it. and i have a feeling i'll end up making most of it too. even though mum insisted she wanted to do the food shopping and the cooking it hasn't transpired that way as she's been so busy at work. i've ended up buying all the presents for this weekend including my own (pyjamas) so everybody is getting surprises but me. and more presents because i can't think of anything for myself. *sigh*. ha.

ah well. t'will be lovely.

have made the small christmas cake ready for baking. hopefully the danes will eat it all in one go. i think i ate half a huge cake last year so i've minimised it this year.

and i made mince pies from asda ready rolled pastry (rolled thinner) and mincemeat for 3.5 syns each when i calculated. they are small but yummy and they are normal ones. so i'm not feeding people some weird low syn concoction. and they can have two to my one if they want :) so it's all going well. now i just have to hope that the deliveries i'm waiting for turn up!!

abz xx

well, managed christmas dinner, dessert and a glass of wine and only went half a syn over for the day. lost a lb this week. slightly disappointed with that. would have liked it to have been more given how careful i was. but then my painkillers were preventing me from going to the loo.... so a lb is better than a gain, ha.

still going strong. that was my last weigh in before i go away and i can feel myself wanting to snack on chocolate and things because i don't have to account for anything for a few weeks now, but i can't go there. once i let go i won't be able to stop and i'll just make myself feel really sick as i'm not used to eating ridiculous amounts of junk any more. plus, i can't remember the last time i had a 'day off' or didn't bother or stretched the rules or had too many syns for the week. not since i started and i knew the first couple of weekends would be gains because i was going away for a wedding and going on holiday for the weekend after.

i have equalled last year's weight at the last weigh in before christmas exactly. which is a little irritating. i would have liked to have lost more. but then i just totally went off the rails at christmas in denmark last year. musn't do that this year. MUST NOT!!

going there on friday. really looking forward to seeing everyone and doing mince pies for father christmas and things with iz this year :) it's going to be fun.

hope all of you are having a great time.

abz xx

good luck abz!

well have just been eyeing up the recipe for half a syn roulade and i think i may give it a shot because i am having major cake cravings, ha. and although i know i can eat cake, i doubt i can eat as much cake as i would like... so. looking forward to that.

have been struggling not to just give in to things now i know i'm not being weighed for a while. i thought i would find it difficult to relax to somebody else's cooking whilst we're away after becoming such a control freak but actually i'm finding my old habit of giving up over half of december and most of january difficult to ignore. i have so far though. i may not have eaten as much super free food as i should have, but i've had some. and it's better than falling face down in a pizza which is what i fancied doing last night. bizarre since it hasn't bothered me in the slightest over the past couple of months.

we fly to denmark tomorrow night and have no packing done, no pressie wrapping or organisation. typical us really...

abz xx

I guess I've missed you too - have a great holiday x

thanks guys. we are here. it's danish christmas day but things don't kick off until evening so we are all just hanging about. wanted to pop on and say merry christmas to everybody :)

have been resisting plenty of things. i have had cake once out of many times. and i've had half a glass of gløgg. so i've done pretty well all things considered. and now christmas hits. danish crimbo today, english crimbo tomorrow. boxing day dinner too. aargh. and i have no control over any of it. so i'm just going with the flow. the general food hasn't been insanely unhealthy. thomas's mum is trying really hard for me, ha. but there's still an awful lot more oil etc than i'm used to. but i figured if i avoid all the snacking on cakes and things and just stick to the meals then any weight gain will be minimal. i've already probably consumed thousands less calories than i usually have by now. but it's hard to relax after being such a control freak. still. somehow i'm managing, hee.

hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. MERRY CRIMBLE EVERYBODY!!

abz xx

You maybe could relax your goals a little over the season - my next goal is to lose 1lb by 8th February, which allows for putting some on and losing it again, then having a Birthday a week before the goal - if I do better than that its a bonus x

thanks gem. my goals are just not to gain ridiculous amounts of weight whilst in denmark. i would like to have lost 3lbs from my last sw weigh in by my birthday. i will probably have lost a little between weigh in and denmark in any case. and i will gain some. and then when i get back i will have just over two weeks to lose as much as possible before i hit 30, ha.

merry crimble everyone.

abz xx

Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy, prosperous New Year

God bless
Hx

9lbs!! i gained 9lbs in 2.5 weeks. that's insane!!

ok, so i got weighed last night. was rather bloated and full of food, so i doubt it was all true weight gain. was still a bit of a shock though. especially since i was good a lot of the time... then that slipped. ha.

so back on track.

i got the zumba 2 game for the wii. just pranced around the living room doing it for 20 mins (felt like an absolute tit) but then i got to watch thomas do it, and i'm really pleased that i couldn't see myself!! hee. still. cheered us up :D and we sweated. a lot. it doesn't look hard or fast but it bloody is when you are doing it. and that was the low intensity shortest class. ha. ah well. plenty of room for improvement :D

hope you all had a fab christmas and new year. now i've just got turning 30 on the 24th to work towards :D

abz xx

You'll soon evict those squatters Abz - they don't have squatters rights x

Hey Abz,

Don't be down about Christmas, you were as good as you could be and you were straight back on it when you got home which is awesome! You know you can get rid of that in no time, especially since it came on very quickly.

Happy New You Abz - there's a whole new year of goals and achievements left largely untouched - Enjoy x

well i lost 4.5lbs this week. so am happy with that. hopefully i'll do the same this week although i'm not holding my breath :)

have been zumbaing on my wii madly this last week. shall do so again this week. it's fun but 20 minutes of that half kills you!! ha. and i don't know how people do that in public without humiliating themselves....

how are you all? hope it's all going well.

abz xx

hi guys. sorry i haven't been around in forever. here's a quick version of what's been going on.

thomas's fainting spells became rather serious and i couldn't get him to wake up again. two lots of ambulance visits to a and e and they admitted him for a week. of course then he stopped passing out. they stopped the meds he was on and he only passed out once since being discharged and that was over two months ago. of course after months of trying to get people to take this seriously we now can't get him to get signed back onto work so we have no money coming in and rather a lot going out... but that's another story, ha.

needless to say during all of this dieting went out of the window and i got up to 16st 8lbs again. great.

just over two weeks ago i had double jaw surgery. lots of swelled face, pain and discomfort but am out the other side of that now and i lost 11lbs due to an enforced diet of mainly fluids. i am still restricted to mush at the hardest but i find that quite difficult to eat still. the best i can do is rice in a sloppy sauce and i swallow the rice whole. no chewing. the mashed stuff just claggs up my mouth and is hard to swallow but i'm getting there.

the story doesn't end there though. oh no. they messed up my surgery and my top jaw isn't in the right place. so i have to go through the whole thing again. usually they would stick me at the top of the list and i would go straight back in but because my surgery involved a bone graft they would rather wait six weeks or so to get a blood supply going to it so that it doesn't crumble and involve them having to take bone from my hip to make another bone graft. so i'm restricted to mush for that long, then back to swollen head and fluids, ha. still. i lost 11lbs this time around so far so by the end of all this i'll probably be skinny. shame i've discovered i can eat choc mousse and trifle really or i'd be onto a winner :)

so that's my news. thomas can't look after izzy on his own as he still hasn't been cleared by the doc. and although nothing has happened, and i don't think anything will, and he really wants to take her out on his own i can't bring myself to let him. but how long do you wait? nothing has happened for probably about 10 weeks now i think. my mum had iz while i was in hospital and t's mum came over from denmark after that so that he wasn't on his own with her. but now we have to go through it all again we may not have the option. it's possible for anybody to faint at any time whilst in the care of a child. it's so hard to know what to do about it. what do you think?

i still have absolutely no energy. i thought i would be able to do more by now but attempted a ten minute walk today to get to see my surgeon and i was seeing stripes by the time i got there and was swaying all over the place. i asked why this was and it's because i need at least another two weeks to grow back all the red blood cells i lost. so it figures why i get out of breath from going up the stairs now. but it's so frustrating spending most of your time in bed. you'd think that it would be nice to have the break but not being able to go anywhere, and hearing iz go mad because she can't go out with thomas is horrid.

i have arranged for one of our friends to go out with both of them tomorrow and after that i think we'll just have to taxi it to the park and i will sit and let them do all the running around. thomas can't drive because of the fainting thing and even if i could usually i wouldn't be able to at the moment.

so there we are.

how are you all doing?

i am currently 15st 11.4lbs. i got down to 15st 10 before christmas but will that illusive lb vanish so i can get back to my lightest in ages? of course not, ha. i know that a lot of what i have lost is muscle and that once i can eat properly some of it will go back on. so i'm not taking the numbers that seriously, but it's always nice to find a bonus to such a situation :)

abz xx

Back