Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Gosh Abz - you've been through the mill haven't you (((Hugs))). I'm afraid I would probably err on the side of caution as there is a foreseeable risk (if only a small one) and you would both never forgive yourselves if something went wrong while Thomas was looking after Iz - that is, of course, gut reaction as I don't completely know your situation. That saiid, I'm sure you will both know the right time to start getting back to normal - you quite rightly said that anyone can faint at any time - even those in charge of a child - fainting is, of course something that can happen in pregnancy (not that I am suggesting Thomas is pregnant of course :rolleyes:). It is a question of balance - You will undoubtedly know when the time is right x

Tough one. You are of course right that anyone can faint but if something bad was to happen it would be seen that you'd taken a risk knowing that it was likely to happen. But as Gem says, only you know your situation. Can't believe you have to go back for more surgery, I hope the next one is more successful

thanks everyone :)

i see my surgeon and another consultant and my orthodontist tomorrow so hopefully between them all there will be a plan of action that they can explain to me and we'll get something worked out. pleased in the end that i am having to wait. i don't know if i said that thomas's back had gone again, but a couple of days ago thomas ended up bed-ridden again so instead of recovering in bed i've had to look after izzy. and it hasn't been easy. i wipe out so fast. still. we've managed and thomas can shuffle about upstairs now which is progress at least. his mum has arranged to take her full three weeks holiday when i have surgery again so she can look after us all. my mum will take iz while i'm in hospital. hopefully t will be up and about by then.

wish me luck for tomorrow. they are going to take impressions for a doohickey to make my bite more comfortable while i wait. the thought of that stuff pulling on my jaw. aargh.

abz xx

​Ouch! Good luck Abz, I hope they don't inflict too much pain and discomfort. Let us know what they say. I hope T recovers soon too, what bad timing!

well it looks like it will be june when i have my next surgery so i'm on mush until then. unfortunately i seem to have found all the highest calorie mush i can find to eat. i am going to attempt carbonara with pasta in tiny pieces shortly. however until i get my energy back i am not going to worry about it. the portions i can eat are tiny and at the moment sugar rush is the only thing keeping me going, ha. i will, however, have to look at more sensible things to live on than trifle before too long...

abz xx

thanks dancing. how are things going with you?

i seem to have discovered the world of cheesecake. i need to stop this or at least count my calories or i'm going to gain back everything i lost. i managed a jacket potato with tuna today. and some baby pasta with a stir in sauce. so i'm eating more normal food now, even if it is in tiny tiny pieces.

i have to wait because they want bone to grow around the bone graft they put in. that way there will be living bone to fuse back together rather than dead bone that might crumble if it's adjusted, meaning i would have to have bone taken from my hip to make another graft. since they took bone out of my bottom jaw they could use that to graft on my top jaw which they moved down a lot. so i didn't have to have the added discomfort and pain of bone taken from the hip. apparently that isn't great. so waiting a few more weeks to make sure that it's more likely to be successful the second time around seems worth it. they are all lovely people. i don't think for a second they have shoved me on the bottom of some waiting list. i really do think they are postponing it for me to get the best possible results. and let's face it. if they get it wrong the second time around they aren't going to look very good now are they? ha.

when i get around to getting my before and during pics off my camera i'll stick some up so you can see the state i got myself into :) and my not quite finished, still a bit chubby cheeked and hoping it's swelling not fat face at the moment :)

hope things are going ok with you babes.

abz xx

I can't wait to see the difference Abz. I think if you were to count your calories you would find there aren't a lot of them! When you are so restricted in what you can and can't eat, and I'm sure it takes a while to eat anything, you won't be having as much as you think!

I think Taz is probably right - Good luck with everything - it doesn't sound like too much fun x

well the calorie counting hasn't started yet, ha. but i've started eating more and more normal food, although i still can't bite through hard things if i tear off a piece of bread for example i can usually manage it once it's in. it's biting bits off i can't do. so i have ordered loads of 'healthy' ready meals, ha. nothing fancy and nothing too high cal but things that i can zap when i want them and that won't be too hard to chew. i don't want to cook things and then not be able to eat them and the calorie amounts are on these already. i don't have the will to count calories so i am cheating :D

abz xx

Glad you're sorting it all out Abz. I bet you'll be glad when its all sorted and you're back to normal x

Great that you can eat more now. Have you tried the Uncle Bens Rice Time pots? They are soft and very tasty and only take 90 seconds to zap!

well. i've been in hospital again. one of my surgical plates got an infection and my face swelled up on one side over the course of a few hours. a night in a and e later and i'm admitted on iv antibiotics. another day and night and i have surgery to remove the plate. i am now at home and on antibiotics and waiting for my face to regain it's more usual shape...

diet out of window. have been eating hospital food and now i'm in pain and feeling ill so i'm just eating what i feel like. trying not to go too mad though. life!!

my great aunty joyce has also only been given a few weeks to live but she's trooping on. they found she had stomach cancer and she just can't eat anything. nothing can get through her stomach and she is getting so so thin but nobody seems to be doing an awful lot very quickly. watching her waste away is very difficult but there is nothing that can be done. every phone call and visit and argument that can be made is being made by other members of my family, so i'm just carrying on as usual. she raised my mum though, so we are very very close and it is very very sad. she is fine. she's worried about us bless her. sometimes life just really likes to kick you doesn't it?

abz xx

Hey abz, I don't know what to say. That's an awful lot to be coping with right now. Poor you, you'll come through it.:wave_cry:

Oh wow what a terrible time you are having! So sorry to hear that news :( there is only so much you can do and you really must look after yourself. And really, you don't need to be worrying about dieting right now, you have enough on your mind. Huge hugs, I hope you are recovering well and you feel a little better soon x

Jeez, what a tale of woe {{{abz}}}

thanks guys :)

off to see orthodontist and surgeon tomorrow. nice of them to give me the appointments on the same day. shame they are about five hours apart, ha. so lots of toing and froing for me tomorrow. hopefully i'll get my surgery date and we can go from there.

abz xx

Poor You Abz. Not a good time at the moment but it will pass and good times with come. Hope your Aunty doesn't suffer too much (((HUGS))) x

Hi abz. I joined mini again. Couldnt log on my old profiles but so odd to see all the usual suspects still chatting away. Remember being a jims angel once upon a time. Not read back on your diary that much yet but see ur having a bad time xxxxhugsxxx i read back to 2009 strange seeing myself diet like mad to get married. Jennybeth79. Or mrshill2b once upon a time. We didnt stay together long. Ive lived back in lpool for nearly 2 years with the kids now and i have a lovely bf whos put up with me for 16mths. Back at the evil 21st something and attempting ww again. Speak to u soon love jenny x

good to see you babes xx sorry to hear things didn't work out but glad to hear you're happy.

keep in touch :D

abz xx

will do :) my phone has constant access so im about all the time lol x

Back