Abit OT but something Ive always wondered...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Piella!!!, 20 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Piella!!!

Piella!!! Full Member

You know how using up 3500 cals extra burns a lb....well,when would this show on scales? For example if I were to walk off 3500 cals today-when would that lb drop off the scale? Instantly-tomorrow etc?
    Not that I can even be arsed to THINK about walking that far! haha-just always wondered about the physics of it all!

x x x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Amyeve

Amyeve Mummy of 2!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    it must do! but then factors such as drinking/sweating must come into account so you might not actually see it.

i remember reading once that swimming breaststroke for 1 hour burns a lb of fat. i did 1 hour every day for a whole week, didnt loose a thing! if i knew then what i know now though i'd prob lost inches:)
  4. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    lol you sound just like me! I am doing a lot of walking and cycling, something that is completely alien to me! and in my head I say that each step/push on the bike, is 1 less fat cell in my body.....now it probably is not the case, but when I am on my 5 mile walk that I do 3/4 times a week, it keeps me going as I am 'blasting' all those little fat cells with each step.......I know I know I am strange:D
  5. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge USA
    Good question, but one I definitely don't know the answer two. It seems for me that I tend to lose weight over night. If I weigh myself at bedtime, my weight is usually a little higher than it was in the morning, but by the next day, after I've gone to the bathroom, it seems a bit of weight has magically disappeared.
  6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    May do, may not. Besides, the scales are a very poor measure of what's really happening.

Very normal :) You lose a lot of water when you sleep, which obviously doesn't get replaced until after your first drink
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.