About to give up

shelmck

On second week. Lost 11lbs first week and done sneaky mid week weight just now and put on one pound!!!!

How on earth can that happen?

I have been 100% good, drank loads etc

I don't know what has happened and feel so rubbish now. My hubby is doing exante with me and lost 1st2lbs first week and 3lbs so far this week.

So demotivated now....* looks for takeaway menu *

Your body doesnt always do what you want it to. I personally dont lose a thing until half way through the week and then it all comes off in the latter half of the week.

The gaining of a pound will be water retention. Just keep doing what youre doing and the weight will come off. Its certainly far too early to even consider giving up.

You will weigh more in the evening than in the mornings, as your body fluid fluctuates. Try to stick to once a week weigh ins, at the same time. Don't be disheartened, just wait and see what a great weight loss you will have at the end of this week x x x

Last edited:
I had a sneaky wi this morning and despite being 100% haven't lost owt since Sunday! Don't worry it'll work out.
Now put that takeaway menu back ;)
Cmon don't give up now xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

11lb in a week is great ive done 3 weeks and lost 12.5lbs so your nearly there in a week you wont have put weight on if you weigh yourself 10 times a day you will never have the same weight try doing just your weekly weigh in xx

Dont give up hun, this is why we shouldn't have sneaky mid week weigh ins, they results sometimes make up give up.
I'm sure by the end of the week you will have a loss.

11lbs in one week?! That is amazing!

Think about it like this - you are 11lbs down overall. In not even two weeks. If you were doing calorie counting or similar, you would have lost, maybe if you were really really good and really really lucky, 5lbs? And you would go on to loose maybe 1 or 2 lbs a week.

So you have lost in under two weeks what you would have lost in a month 'normally'. Has it been hell on earth? Has anyone died? Nope. Will being all slimmer, healthier and more energetic be far far better than being what you are now, or what you are now +11lbs? You bet ya!

Our bodies are complicated, annoying, frustrating things that never do the exact thing we want them to do. Its called the law of s*d. So you shrug your shoulders and go 'oh well, its poo, but tomorrow is another day and the scales will probably leap down by the end of the week to make up for it'. And you carry on going, because at the end of the day, you decided you wanted to loose weight, so don't stop, because you will feel 1000000 times more pants.

And men always loose weight a lot quicker than women on anytype of plan, so don't let that bother you - its compensation for not being able to lust after high heels and lipsticks :D

Hello and well done on your weight loss so far...thats amazing and why I'm back on packs:)

I used to weigh myself morning and night and it could differ by +3 or 4lbs! Not very helpful at all. Also a litre of water weighs 2lbs...so bear that in mind! I'm going to weigh myself once a week..on a Thursday morning as I started today and boy would I love an 11lb loss on my first week!!!
Keep at it...it does work!!

Hi again

Thanks for all posts. I was strong and got through that bad day! No cheating!!

I know I should only weigh once a week but after my 1lb gain on Wednesday I sneakily checked today and still not lost!!

I do ketostix each day and have been in ketosis since day 2 and still am now. Not feeling at all hungry either.

Why haven't I lost in 5 days?! It's very worrying
Xxx

Back