Absolutely confused, and in need of some advice.

Give your mind time to catch up with your body shape Mally. I've also really struggled with this. In my head I don't seem to be changing much now, but as the pounds are dropping I must be! I think the problem is that generally our body shapes will stay the same, so I'll always be pear shaped, always be hippy, always have a big bum. No amount of dieting will change that.
Are you doing exercise? It does wonders for those bits that don't seem to change. Strength and resistance training will help to tone up. I do the 30 day shred which is Jillian Michael's exercise video and it's really good. Don't panic too much about exercise putting weight on, you can gain 3 or 4 pounds but look 7 pounds slimmer from looking more toned.
I do echo JoJo's comments. I dieted in my early 20s and went too far and it caused problems which have taken years to correct. This time round I have asked a very trusted friend to keep an eye on me- I find weight loss is addictive and there is no way I want to end up in the same hole as before.
Measurements are a good way of actually seeing that you're changing shape too. I don't feel like I've lost much recently but I've measured this morning and seem to have lost 2 inches off my hips during the last few weeks. So I know I have got smaller even if I don't feel like it!

Back