Absolutely deverstated.

Army-wife

I was supposed to start the CD SS on Friday, but all out money has gone down the gutter on un-expected bills for the month (bank charges, doubled up on bill etc) we have been left right into our overdraft, so the second money goes into our accounts it will be taken straight back out. This obviously means no starting the CD-SS until (at the earliest) 31st of this month.

I am so deverstated, i can't stop crying. For once in my life i was so pumped up and ready. I am so scared this is going to bugger the whole thing up.

Has anyone else ever had such a huge set-back involving money? If so, did it take away your inspiration to go forward and do it?

((( ))) i'm sorry hun. it will be the end of the month before you know it don't let it put you off. i bet it took longer than a month to put the weight on so waiting just alittle longer won't make much difference

I struggle constantly with the money side of things, you just need to maintain a healthy diet in the mean time, low carb is good, weigh yourself today and write it down and then go about the rest of your month sticking to your eating plan. When you weigh in with your CDC look back at your origional weight and see if there is a difference, I lost 4lbs in 4 days whilst waiting for my Dr to sign me off by doing this xxx

Def start the low carb diet as this will help you get into ketosis easier when you finally get to start xxx

I was supposed to start the CD SS on Friday, but all out money has gone down the gutter on un-expected bills for the month (bank charges, doubled up on bill etc) we have been left right into our overdraft, so the second money goes into our accounts it will be taken straight back out. This obviously means no starting the CD-SS until (at the earliest) 31st of this month.

I am so deverstated, i can't stop crying. For once in my life i was so pumped up and ready. I am so scared this is going to bugger the whole thing up.

Has anyone else ever had such a huge set-back involving money? If so, did it take away your inspiration to go forward and do it?

I had to wait a month until I got paid.I decided I wanted to do the diet but having changed jobs and location,you have to do the almighty waiting for wages!So I weighed myself and ate low carb during the month leading up to it and lost 13lbs and kept the motivation up all the way through!I started on Monday and have my 1st Cambridge weigh in next week!yay!
Good luck xx

Have you thought about starting the Beck Book. She actually recommends waiting 14 days before starting. It could be a way of keeping your motivation up and planning how you will cope with the low points too.

I'm sorry to hear that, it's very frustrating when you just want to get started and feel you are being thwarted. Maybe you can focus on eliminating processed foods to help the transition to CD easier? Plus you'll then have lost some weight which will be a psychological boost.

To ensure you have the money for next month, go through all your payments and make a budget that will give you the confidence to know you will have the money in future. I know it can be tough to stick to when money's tight, but a budget is the easiest way to keep control.

Good luck.

Hi, I would also encourage you to start your own low carb diet until you are able to start I know its frustrating but there are a few things you can do in the meantime! - there is even a section on Minimins for Low carb diets - I would recommend it so that you can start your journey straight away but also so that when you do start CD you will be able to get into ketosis really quickly. I started CD on Friday 29th April - but I had been low carbing for the week before and I had lost 4lbs myself and by Friday night (the same day i started) I was in already in ketosis - I couldnt believe it - and had very few of the side affects - also start drinking your water at least that way you will be prepared for when you can start.
Good luck x

Back