Acai berries/capsules?

Maximus

Gold Member
Anyone used these or heard of them? - they seem to be popular and usually in the form of one of htem annoying pop-ups you get on the web.

Seem to have massive weight-loss powers according to testimonials, but they all seem to be from people who claim to lose weight while eating their usual stuff - no dieting or exercise.

Are they really a super-food in capsule form - supposed to burn fat faster and cleanse the colon etc. I can't find any other reviews/testimonials other than the one site.

Anyone any experience - the are all natural and no drugs for what it is worth.

I know nothing should replace dieting and good food choices, but I cannot be the only one curious;)

my husbands cousin mentioned these to me yesterday and said that they boosted his weight loss im considering trying them but at £20 for a months supply i dont think i can afford them this month

I was curious and folk at work were mentioning them....

someones friend took them and was ill....

also in these pop up adverts you are supposed to take them alongside a colon clense tablet.

The main scam (?) in these offers is that although you might send off for a free trail (only p&p) they keep coming monthly and hell to get rid of so might be quite expensive.

and I have a feeling that when I explored these it was Can help weight as part of a calorie controlled diet type thing.

I too wanted a quick fix and would have done it if it wasn't so expensive. Mind you the berry tablets weren't too expensive from local health food store, but the colon clense side of it was.

and I don't want a leaky bot

:eek:

JUdith

ewwwwwwwwwwwww god no not if they do that i took ali for 2 weeks not something i ever want to repeat ever ever again lol

Well they might not make it leak but...... they cleanse the colon..... and they don't tell you the results of that.

The aim is, when colon is cleansed that you go (solids) to the loo 3 - 4 times a day. I might appreciate a little more frequency being a constipated cow but.... if you go as many times a day as you eat I'd be on the loo all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope no-one is having their dinner whilst reading this thread!!!!!!!

Nuff said?!

Judith

hahaha dare i ask if you have tried ali with reference to the leaking lol dare i say the rest of the course ended up in the bin :D

Rofl @ the turn this disscusion has taken .... leaky bums lolol !!!

IMHO you can`t beat, good simple food and exercise ... most "pills" are "gimmicks" .... quite simply, and although i`m sure the weight will just fall off .. i bet it piles back on just as fast when you`re not taking em ;)

Ah Alli.... I've looked at that..... seriously.... but it was too expensive for me..... also I have IBS so I'm either consiptated or the opposite and I've had enough times in my life without alli or similar when I have had leaking bot to look at the box whistfully and then put it down quick.

I look for a quick fix but.... if I'm honest changing wehat I put into my mouth foodwise seems to be the only way to go - and as they say slow and steady wins the race.

JUdith

hi i tried alli the half strength one that u can buy over the counter i had heard stories about this browny /yellow liquid but was shocked when it happened to me not nice lol, as regards to the acai berries i think like thousands of other " lose weight quick products," its only the manufacturer's that win they know there are a lot of people out there willing to waste their money on them in a desperate bid to get slim :eek:

ive learnt my lesson ive tried every gimmick diet going since i was 17 im now 36 and determined that slimming world is the best for me , my last resort is the gastric band but i so do not want to go that route although none of my children have weight problems i want them to have a healthy life style and the only way the are gonna learn is through me and i havnt been setting a very good example 2011 is gonna be a very good year for all off us xxx

I learned the hard way: ordered a 'free' trial with only paying p&p but they didn't say that unless you cancel they keep sending them so they took over £100 from my account and sent me 2 bottles of acai and 2 of the colon clense.

They gave me bad headaches and upset stomach too and Ali did the same. I think a balanced diet and exercise is the only way to go.

Lol - you lot are clearly obsessed with leaky bottoms (didn't Noel Edmonds live there?)

Yes the free trial cost £2.45 packaging. It did clearly stipulate you have to phne to cancel order etc.

What got the alarm bells ringing for me was testimonials stating massive weight loss in a short time WITHOUT dieting or exercise! - indeed the tests were done on overweight people who took the pills without reducing their intak or increasing their exercise etc.

Hence my question. It would seem some form of drastic laxitive-effect is going on. - I also noticed one claim reporting a similar loss to my own loss via SW.

I was curious. The testimonials seemed too good to be true - and if anything is too good to be true, as we all know, it usually is! It would seem all those testimonials were not quite as they seemed.

I was hoping for one or two on here to extol its virtues, but that doesn't seem likely. I should have known I could not find any "genuine" testimonials online - apart from selling sites.

'Nuff said indeed;)

Steve

I'm awaiting a few answers from Customer Support. Should be interesting.

I always think that if it was that easy we would've all heard about it in more than just pop-ups!

Someone I worked with took these as he was convinced he was going to look like a cast member from 300 after a few weeks - Needless to say, there was no change!!

Hey you guyses!

I also saw the pop up ads claiming that you loose weight without any change to your lifestyle or diet so I had a poke about on the Internet but i was flooded with the same glowing reviews and testimonials on sites offering a "free trial".

I decided to give them a go, but I got mine from Holland and Barrett- no Internet scams for me thank you very much!

The lady in the shop talked me into buying colon cleanse tablets as well as the acai berry capsules, but they had an offer on at the time and she gave me a free magazine and a bag of cashew nuts for pronouncing it right (FYI: it's ah-sigh-ee)!

I took them for a few weeks and didn't change my diet or do any more activity than usual and I didn't see any difference to my "movement" or weight at all. I had none of the scary leakage either!

I suppose if the colon cleansers work as they should then you're bound to be a bit lighter. They say that you have kilos of rubbish backed up in there so if the pills can shift a bit of it I think that must be where the weight loss comes from. No bad thing of course, but don't expect to be dropping a jeans size!

The acai berry capsules are about £15 and the colon cleansers are £6.49 if they're not part of an offer so it's not exactly a cheap experiment. It may be worth a try if you can get them on a deal. I actually think they have one on at the moment.

I can safely say that (in my experience) the capsules alone don't give any dramatic results.

I do have a pack left in my desk drawer (thanks for reminding me!) so I'll take them now that I'm following the slimming world plan and report back here next week to let you know how I get on.

How's that for you?

Lots of love,
Ruby
Xxx

The makers of Acai berries are shockingly dishonest. Dont believe a word of the testimonials. There was a Minimins member some time ago who lost a huge amount of weight, Acai berries STOLE her photos, made up a pretend name and history and used her photos to sell their product. Absolutley outrageous!!! Her photos are ones youll see promoting this stuff as a great and successful weight loss suggestion and in actual fact it had NOTHING whatsoever to do with her success

I ordered the free trial from the acai berry website, paying a few pound for postage. After recieving them i noticed £60 gone from my bank, acai berry has taken out as i was now in a monthly membership. I recieved more acai berry a few weeks later with another £60 gone out of my bank. It was a pain to cancel and costly as they are based in america. I also noticed that other amounts of money had gone missing from my account for like £10 or £30 with clearly made up company names. So i had to cancel my account.

After all that i ended up selling the 2 bottles on ebay to try and recoup some of my losses!!

:s

Just beware before you buy online and always read the T&C

:rolleyes:

Terrible news about the stolen photos and money!

I think the moral of the story is to buy your acai capsules from a reputable health food shop. It's so easy for people to hoodwink us with pop up ads that look so genuine. Bloody awful that they get away with it too!

I started taking my acai supplements today. I'll jeep you posted on how well they work

Xxx

Starlight said:
The makers of Acai berries are shockingly dishonest. Dont believe a word of the testimonials. There was a Minimins member some time ago who lost a huge amount of weight, Acai berries STOLE her photos, made up a pretend name and history and used her photos to sell their product. Absolutley outrageous!!! Her photos are ones youll see promoting this stuff as a great and successful weight loss suggestion and in actual fact it had NOTHING whatsoever to do with her success

Hm, it was on the news today (here in America) and they said the girl that is on all those websites is an actual model who has nothing to do with acai and that isn't even her before picture.

Last edited:
I think the acai works as it is so high in fibre. If you are looking for a super berry full of anti-oxidants, try the goji berry. You can grow it in a big pot on your patio so you can eat it fresh and cut out the middleman.

Back