Acai Berry Cleanse?

LightRaven

What doesn't kill me.....
Hello ladies... and gents...;)

I'm sure some of you have seen commercials on Acai berry... as well as the cleansing products out there that say we may have 5-20 (I've even heard up to 40) pounds of waste spackeled to our intestinal walls...(ew)...(and can you imagine?!)

Anyways... I'm always interesting in these sorts of things....hesitant because there's always a scam running around out there..but always looking for help along this journey that I've decided to take. I'm not looking for a magic pill or a quick fix.. just some help. I'm not doing well this month at all.. going on my second week of no loss due to stress and the upcoming holiday.

Everytime I've looked into these things on the net, they are always scams... you know.. free trials always seem to enroll you in autoship programs that send you stuff you didn't ask for and then debit your card for $50 each time.. crazy!

Anyways... I was at the drug store today for the umpteeth time getting prescriptions for my monster and I went down the diet isle to see if they had any specials on SF and lo and behold! They had a 14 day acai berry cleanse package for $15!

So I bought it. And I'm gonna try it. And I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes. Anyone else tried anything like this? (Yea, i know, I'm probably wasting money... but when I stop seeing progress on the scales, I give up hope. And I don't want to.. you know? ) :D

LR

Sounds very interesting LR, i haven't heard about this before but it sounds good if it means you could lose upto 40lbs. :D:D:D Let us know how it goes, look forward to seeing ur next wi.

Yep. So far, no strange side effects. One of pills has a good amount of caffeine in it, but I have a high tolerance for caffeine. :8855:

LR

The package that I bought is two different pills. One is the Acai berry flush, which is 2 pills in the morning and then 2 pills in the afternoon, and then there is a fat flush that came with it as a bonus.. 2 pills in the morning and two in the afternoon. I was surprised that they aren't horse pills too! Alot of times these things a huge and I can't swallow them, but these are good.

Day 2 and still no strange side effects or negative effects... my bowels are pretty loose, but it is also totm... I'm early and it's a doosey! and I always get pretty loose during my totm. :eek: heh.

LR

Hey Lightraven hows the cleanse today? I have heard of these and like you always pretty interested. Im actually thinking of going to get Colon Hydrotherapy (colonic irrigation) as its can remove up to 5kg of unwanted waste that has built up over the years.

I have made researches about acai.. I found out that it has so many benefits... Acai is one food that delivers it all—plus other healthy nutrients like fiber, phytosterols, and vitamins C and E. For centuries, it’s been a staple for people in Brazil, yet virtually unknown to anyone outside the region—until now.

Hey Lightraven hows the cleanse today? I have heard of these and like you always pretty interested. Im actually thinking of going to get Colon Hydrotherapy (colonic irrigation) as its can remove up to 5kg of unwanted waste that has built up over the years.

Everything seems to be going pretty smoothly. No adverse side effects, which is a huge bonus... as I can put up with lots of nonsense. :8855:

I've thought about the irrigation.. but that just creeps me out too much. I can't really image someone messing around down there.. I have a hard enough time at the gyno! :8855:

I thought about maybe taking a seak peak at the scales, but I did a lot of damage this weekend... I'm scared! :eek: :8855:

LR

My normal weigh in is Saturday morning....

I did start it Saturday afternoon. So this afternoon would make it 3 full days. But I'm sure I did some damage this weekend being Easter an all. Maybe I'll take a sneak peak tomorrow morning to see what the damages are... to have a better idea of what to expect Saturday, and to see if these things are working.

LR

Alright, so I snuck a peak at the scales this morning... and I'm down 3.5 lbs from Saturday. :eek::eek:

I mean, I really did alot of damage over the weekend with Easter dinner and some candy... So I really wasn't expecting that.. I was hoping just to be the same weight as I was on Sat. morning. So I was really stunned! :bliss:

Now, it could be that I was retaining water due to my totm.. which is nearing the end of its life (Finally!!).. but so far.. this is really great news. I was really getting down about blowing my diet and then not seeing any progress when I had straightened myself back out. I am easily discouraged (Unfortunately, I'm an instant gratification type of girl.. I want whatever it is I want and want it NOW! So diets have always been hard for me)

We'll see what Saturday brings! :cool: And I will keep you updated!

LR

yes i want to know this too lol, iv had my OH looking at the supermarket where he works but no joy so onwards with the hunt. :D

I dont know if there is a difference between the Acai Berry Pills, and the Acai Berry Cleanse that I am doing. When I get home tonight, I'll post the information that I have on the pills that I have.

LR

Ok. This is what I got:

It was a two bottle package.. two different types of pills that were sold as a package. The first one is the 14 day Acai Berry Cleanse. It contains Acai, Calcium, Blueberry, Cranberry, Litchi, Mangosteen, Pomegranate, Cascara Sagrada powder, Slippery Elm and Ginger powder.

The 2nd bottle is 14 Day Fat Burn Cleanse. It contains Calcium, Phosphorus, Iodine, Green Tea, Kelp, Psyllium, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, sweet Fennel and natural caffiene.

It's made by a company called Applied Nutrition based in Los Angeles. But when you go to their website, these two products are not on there. They have a host of other products... many of which I have tried (mostly the green tea products... looking for the caffiene boost, lol!)

When I search on the net for the same products, I find similar ones.. but the not exact same product/maufacturer. The first few I looked at that have a free trial are the scams out there that enroll you in an autoship program that charge your card $50 a month and send you a bunch of stuff you didn't order.. so becareful of those if you want to look into this further.

I'll keep you guys updated as usual :)

LR

Thanks for the info LR, im out and about today so i will have a look around. I'm looking forward to your wi results.

Me Too!!!

LR

Back