accidentally made a yummy slushy!!

cherylxx

Silver Member
well , last night i made my jelly using supercook gelatine and summer berry water flavouring with a few drops of red food colouring... BUT instead of putting it in the fridge i put it in the cooler and left it til this morning where i found a frozen dish of jelly. :eek:.
i took it out and left it for 30 minutes and noticed it was defrosting but some of it was turning a little too much like liquid so i decided to stick it in the blender and whizzed it up for a few seconds to break up the ice.
Well, it has turned into the most gorgeous berry slushy which im not sitting with, couldnt decide whether to drink it through a straw or eat with a spoon and to be honest i still cant decide so im doing a bit of both, lol.
its really nice though. :)
cherylxx

Sounds Delish!

Think you've started something there!!! Will have to try it x

Sounds interesting!!

OOO I heard you could use the water flavourings to make ice lollies and things, but never knew about the gelatine thing!

Is it okay to use while on SS, and if so how much are you allowed?

Sounds really lovely and refreshing!

This site is awesome, I've learnt so much more about CD than I think I could from my counsellor!!

the gelatine is supercook instant gelatine and is 59p for 6 sachets at tesco. each one makes one pint jelly.
it has the same nutritional values as the mix a mousse so is therefore fine on SS'ing (which is what im on too).
i think if u go by the CD ruling u would only use one sachet a day. i have used one sachet gelatine to make jelly and 1 scoop mix a mousse to make chocolate tetra mousse which i put on top of the jelly to make a chocolate trifle. i do this every single day. :D
cherylxx

Back