Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

Yikes Bursting - this sounds really hardcore!!! What kind of weight are you expecting to lose over the 5 weeks? I can completely understand why you can't keep it up for long!

Well done for sticking to the plan though. Keep it up!

Amazing discipline! Weight will fall off hopefully :)

Aw thanks Tangerine...It was **** tbh but weighed this morning and was 13.10 so it's been worth it to get a wee boost and get back on track - things have changed though... How are you doing Tangerine?x

So to update - I was totally miserable last couple of days and really struggling. I made a decision last night to stop and resume SW. Feeling ok about my decision and not viewing it as a fail. I'm thinking that after nearly a week of no food that I've not a new appreciation of all the lovely free/speed food that I can have on SW. I would do the shakes again for a week if I needed to get back on track but really couldn't do it long term again.

Today is an SP day - so far I've had

Brunch -
1 slice w/m bread
2 boiled eggs
2 large mushrooms
Fruit salad with strawberries, raspberries and a nectarine

IT WAS YUM!!

At Gary's mum's for tea so going to stick to meat and veg.

Had steak, mushrooms, onions, asparagus and a few sw wedges for tea last night - hasn't done me any harm on the scales this morning.

One thing that I am going to make an effort with this week is to continue to drink more water and start some more regular exercise - aerobics planned at 10 am tomorrow so off to buy a sports bra

Have a lovely day everyone will update later xx

Blonde/Blue - you will see my discipline hasn't really lasted but do feel much more positive and back on track! I had hoped to get into the 12's on the shakes and then lose the rest with SW to get down to about 10.7 - will just need to do it all the proper way now!! You are both inspiring especially with the balance of exercise/low calorie - I'm hoping more exercise will boost my SW losses xx

Morning all!

So setting an exercise goal - I've had lots of good intentions re exercise which have never quite got off the ground!! Went to aerobics this morning and renewed my unlimited class membership. My goal is to exercise 5 days out of 7.

My plan for this week is -
Monday Aerobics
Tuesday Body Combat
Thursday Body Attack/Pump
Saturday Body Pump/Combat
Sunday Body Attack

Will report back each day

Away now to make a nice SP lunch x

Ps - did 1/2 hour Tracy Anderson trampette workout this afternoon - totally knackered!

Food so far -
Brunch -
1 slice w / m bread hex b
2 boiled eggs
asparagus
Strawberries
Raspberries

Quick update on food -
Hifi bar hexb
3 babybel light hexa

2 white choc reeve ' s peanut butter cups 12 syns

Was out most of the evening so had my hex snacks before I went and didn't feel like anything when I went home so not bad for the day at all.

On a side note. ..was at a Scottish Cabinet event tonight and met Nicola Sturgeon - OMG she's amazing! Totally star struck and got a wee picture with her. Only problem is I look like a bit of a whale next to her as she's so petite and tiny!

Night all x

Last edited:
Just a quick post to say good day food wise, SP day although slightly over syns (19). Weigh in tonight list 3.5 lbs - now 10st 9.5 - very pleased. Will do a proper post tomorrow. Can't keep my eyes open!! Night x

Really need more hours in the day!! Food wise I'm being really good but struggling to get time to fit in exercise. My grand plans are not progressing in the way I hoped. However will get to class tomorrow and at the weekend. A wee trampette session on Fri will also keep me on track.

Tried on the dress for the wedding last night - looks fine apart from my stomach. I am carrying so much fat from under my bobs down to my hips - blurgh!! This was the last place it went on at around this weight so hoping that it will start coming off here now!

So in addition to hoping to lose another 7 - 10 lbs before the wedding I have made a list of exercises to do each night before bed. This includes plank, side planks, crunches and reverse crunches. My hope is that these will help pull me in a bit and get a couple of inches off to make me look less pregnant in my nice dress!! Hoping that this will help even on the days that I don't get any cardio in.

Food was - (SP day)

No bfast (didn't have time)
Lunch - homemade bolognaise with salad + hex a cheddar
Dinner - didn't have any as was out all night
2 hifi light bars hex b
2 apples
4 squares choc (10 syns)
1 bit of shortbread (6 syns)

Slightly over on syns but given lack of proper meal probably okay!

Night all off to do my planks etc xx

Hi, typing and running again tonight - had a really late night last night so heading off for an early night (no exercise - sigh - was late home from work).

As much as i'm failing at the exercise i am doing really well on the food front at the moment which is positive - i feel like it's clicked again and i'm back in the swing of it. If only i could get a better balance with exercise. I'm due to be changing jobs soon which will hopefully give me a better work/life balance if there's such a thing! My new job will mean that if i'm disciplined about it i could work from 9-5. At the moment i work 10-6 but often don't leave the office till after 7/8pm

So food today - another SP day

Breakfast - strawberries
Lunch - same as yesterday (Bolognese with salad and cheddar hex a)
Snack - Clementines, quavers, hi fi bar hex b) (4.5 syns for quavers)
Dinner - Wholemeal toast hex b, scrambled egg, broccoli (3 syns for l/f flora buttery in scrambled eggs)
Total syns - 7.5

Really liking EE SP, i think this will be the first week that i'll do a full week of it and hopefully stay within syns as well - hoping for a good loss as a result. Maybe already said this but only got 2lbs to go to get club 10% and 1.5 stone award - really want a couple of more nice shiny stickers on my book to be proud of!!

Cant see the screen for yawning so time for bed, night all x x

Sounds like it's going well!!

It is at the moment Aymz, had lots of ups and downs since I started but realising that's all par for the course and I just need to keep on trucking lol!! It's gradually going in the right direction x

Another good food day
RE SP
Bfast - 2 hifi light bars hexb
Lunch - bolognaise, salad & hexa cheddar
Snack - 2 homemade bounty type balls (14 syns in a bounty so reckon it's about the same)
Dinner - King prawn stir fry
Total syns -14

Still no exercise though

On the plus side been body brushing, exfoliating and moisturising all week and my skin feels so smooth and looks much better already x

A very lazy day today but felt the benefit of it, was absolutely shattered yesterday!!

Today as an EE day as I had pasta at lunch time although I couldn't eat all of it. To be honest my body feels quite happy without a lot of carbs - still getting some carbs through my hex b choice and that feels enough.

Was doing the shopping earlier and nearly fell into the 'treat night Saturday' mentality - had a bit of a rethink in the isle at tesco and made a lovely low syn dinner keeping me within my syns. Glad I did as on course to hopefully have one of my best weeks sticking to plan. Let's hope that the scales reflect this on Tuesday - we all know how unpredictable the scales can be - hoping for 2 but would be over the moon if I got 3!!

Food today was -

Bfast:
35g muesli ( hexb )
Raspberries
Muller light greek style 1/2 syn
Lunch:
The last of the bolognaise
Pasta (loads of veg in bolognaise)
30g cheddar ( hexa )
Dinner:
Spanish chicken (2.5 syns for olives)
Broccoli & asparagus
2 Reece ' s white choc peanut butter cups (12 syns)

Total syns 15

Off back to tesco to buy an iron so my hubby can iron his shirt in the morning. Old one just gave up the ghost.

Another good day so far - EE SP
Bfast-
Museli (hexb), strawberries and muller greek style (0.5 syns)
Lunch-
Left over dinner from last night with broccoli (2.5syns)
Planning SW chicken curry later for tea and going to have the rest of the olives with some babybel light (hexa) and a hifi bar (hexb) as a snack later.

Just need to get my soup made for lunches this week xx

Finished yesterday with 5 syns.
Weigh day tmrw and made mistake of jumping on the scales this morning - they haven't moved despite this being the best week on plan ever
Doesn't look like I'm going to make 2 lbs tomorrow , never know, just need to take it as it comes. Whatever happens I'm not going to do what I did last time and sabotage myself by eating!! I feel thinner so something is definitely happening even if it's not reflected on the scales this week.

Tried on the dress for the wedding last night, think it's definitely looking better but still a lot of room for improvement!!

Note to self - don't weigh on own scales the day before weigh day!! It doesn't help!!

Had a bit of a rocky day yesterday syn wise - had 30.5 syns

All started at breakfast, left the house in a rush starving and had a packet of quavers - that would have been ok as an isolated event but it went downhill from there lol!

Yesterday was a long day, had a mid afternoon slump and had two coconut choc things - like a bounty but probably not as big - syning for a bounty since nearest equivalent (14 syns). So I should have stopped there.....

Had a team meeting at the end of the day. I was really emotional as had to tell my team who I love that I was moving to do a different job - 3 M&S mini rocky road bites later...(7.5 syns)

Went home still feeling a bit tearful and emotional and had another packet of quavers after dinner (4.5 syns)

The only saving grace is that my meals were all SP and I didn't have all my hex b which buys me 6 syns.

Feeling better today and back on top of it but not particularly looking forward to being weighed tonight. Only positive is that I was running with a syn deficit over the week so not likely to be much damage - don't like going so far over my syns for no reason though.

I wonder if I would have had a better day if I hadn't weighed myself or whether it was just down to an emotional day? OH said I was wimpering in my sleep last night so puting it down to just being an emotional day.

I did have a bit of an epiphany in the shower last night when I was looking at my fat bits lol! - I realised I'm not doing this everyday just for a weekly result on the scales - I'm doing it for the benefit in the future. What I do day today will have mattered in six months time when I'm a sensible weight - what happens on the scales week to week isn't as important as the big picture. Don't know if that makes any sense but it was a bit of a light bulb moment for me. I need to not get bogged down whether it's 1/2 lb one week or 3.5lbs - it will all add up to a massive achievement in the end.

That's my sermon for today lol! Will update once I've been weighed x

Update - I've just counted up my syns for the week and I actually still have a deficit - I'm averaging 12 syns a day so all is actually ok. I can officially say that this is the first week that I have stuck to plan and been within my syns (although still shouldn't have had 30 yesterday haha)

Last edited:
Why do I torture myself!! After all that I lost 2 lbs
Got my club ten and 1.5st award this week - so pleased!!x

Haha just read the first post then the second straight away! Well done you! Shows that persevering most of the time makes a real difference.

Thanks Aymz just shows no point second guessing the scales!! Just so desperate to get it off - just focusing on getting into the 12's - that in itself would be major and mean that I'm nearly half way there - be good when my rainbow ticker starts to go down the way lol!!
How are you? What plan are you doing?x

It's so weird bursting, at least half are posts I can never see!

image-440787319.jpg

image-1333769376.jpg

Thanks Aymz just shows no point second guessing the scales!! Just so desperate to get it off - just focusing on getting into the 12's - that in itself would be major and mean that I'm nearly half way there - be good when my rainbow ticker starts to go down the way lol!!
How are you? What plan are you doing?x

I'm doing SW EE and going to group but struggling so much. More to do with fluctuating motivation rather than the plan. Just need a fresh start.

Back