Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

Well it's nice to be able to come and post a nice positive update for a wee change. It's not been a great few months but feeling really positive and determined again. I had a really good day yesterday and stayed within my points, I've made good choices so far today and on course to be within my points again today. I think I need to focus on the structure and boundaries that ww allows to try and get myself back on track and moderate all these bad habits I have!!

I'm back to focusing on celebrating a pound at a time. I have a lot to lose and I still find myself getting bogged down in timescales/goals that are not realistic. I need to stop setting myself up to fail and just keep chipping away at it (minus the chips).

Dreams and goals are good but I need to keep them realistic and achievable. Like the name of my diary I need to be able to achieve in small chunks what feels like the unachievable.

I weighed yesterday for first time in a couple of weeks (taking my scales to work was a really bad idea) I am back to 14st 13lbs which was my heaviest at the start of the year - my goals at the moment are to get under 200lbs and then into the 13's. - That is enough to focus on for now!!

I'm going to bring my scales home - I dont like weighing at work (too much of a touchy subject for me) and I rather weigh more regularly at home to keep an eye on things.

Off to work now catch you later lovelies x

Just reporting in to say my positivity continued - 31/31 pp - a successful day.
Night night x

Brilliant to hear that you kept within your points! I have been rubbish over the last few months and am also back to the weight i was at the beginning of the year. And like you said, I need to start setting myself achievable goals!! I

I think it's easier said than done Aymz!! I think we're all very good at self sabotage and setting ourselves up to fail - but not so good at being nice and forgiving of ourselves!!
Glad to hear you are still bashing on even if like me and Tangerine you have regained a bit. We'll just keep on trying till we get there - giving up is not an option! !

So.... update for today is all good 29/31 pp
Worked a double shift today so was at work for lunch and dinner - has m&s count on us ready meals 10pp (lunch) and 9pp (dinner) - both were yummy.

Knackered now!! Back in tmrw am, will be tired so need to make sure I don't turn to sugar to get me through the day. Got some plums and pears at work for snacking.

Night night xx

Weighed today at work - still not brought my scales home! 3.5lbs off since Sat. I must have been quite bloated on sat but I'm sure my new found diligence has helped too.

30/30 + 2/49

My allowance has now changed down to 30 since I weighed.

Good day food wise but really tired and stressed. Off to bed now. Will post in more detail once I've got a day off xx

Welll done bursting...great effort. What diet are u following now?

Weighed today at work - still not brought my scales home! 3.5lbs off since Sat. I must have been quite bloated on sat but I'm sure my new found diligence has helped too.

30/30 + 2/49

My allowance has now changed down to 30 since I weighed.

Good day food wise but really tired and stressed. Off to bed now. Will post in more detail once I've got a day off xx

Well done - you're doing great! That's a brilliant loss :)

Welll done bursting...great effort. What diet are u following now?

Hi Tangerine, decided just to go back to basics and do WW online. Cant be arsed with going to groups - I always miss them because of work then use that as an excuse to eat crap till the next week lol!! X

A day off today, thank goodness!! Been a bit of a marathon. Ended up having my dinner in McD's last night at 10pm so probably not the best!! Counted it though and used some of my weekly allowance.
30/30 and 30/49
Off for lunch now with my sister and then to my mum's later for a prawn salad for tea. Today should be ok! X

Oooft! Woke up starving today and have chomped my way through the day. One to write off I think. Day shift tmrw so should be fine.

Booked to go to callanetics on Tues - special deal 10 classes for 65 so a bit more affordable than paying per session. I used to do it and loved it, wont do much for weightloss but will help change my shape. Still need to find some cardio that I can stick with.

Actually tried to just cancel the gym but it would seem I signed up for a year. Bit embarrassing - need to go back now! ! X

It would appear I last signed in a fortnight ago - time is slipping past so quickly. I need to work harder at making EVERY day count - at the moment only some would count and the better days are quickly undone with a big bar of galaxy

All is well and I have to report that I'm loving Callanetics. I've been three times and already feeling the better of it. I feel a bit tighter and more 'together'. All that contorting and pulsing in front of mirrors is definitely making me think a bit more about what I'm eating!! The lady measured me at my first class so will be interested to see inch loss after 10. Need to get a bit more consistent with the eating though because no matter how I tone up or shape up there is still a big massive layer of fat!! It's good motivation just now.

Still plugging a way on WW (sporadically). I've no idea what I weigh - MUST bring my scales home (said for the umpteenth time!). Off to set a reminder on my phone to do that!!

Won't be such a stranger x

Ooh sounds good. When do you get your measurements redone?

Hi Aymz, after 10 sessions. I'm hoping to see a difference but I've got such a big layer of fat that I'm not sure how much!! I do feel better though - maybe I'm sculpting an amazing bod for when I do finally lose all the weight lol!! How are you getting on?x

I've been ill for a while. You'd be surprised at how quickly inches can fall off. I did kettlebells for one week and lost 4 inches on my waist. This was a while ago but still motivating.

I'm back!! I've been pissing around for weeks doing bits and bobs of exercise but eating rubbish and not really bothering about generally getting a grip!!

Back on it! Rejoined slimming world on Tues and have had a couple of really good days so far.

I did a big cook on Tues night and made all sorts of things to freeze or have in the fridge for dinner or snacking. Feeling quite organised and on top of it. Feels so good when you are able to get back into a positive frame of mind. Long may it continue!! You all know by now what I'm like. Consistency and discipline aren't my strong points!!

Glad it's Friday tomorrow. Meeting up with friends on Saturday. There will be a few drinks and associated nibbles etc. I'm taking some syn free/low syn snacks with me and I said I would make bolognaise for us all - long story but an alternative to pizza and I'll make it syn free with extra lean mince!! Just need to account for the vodka (soda and fresh lime)....

Here's to a stone for Christmas xx

Great day yesterday..why is it so easy when you are 'in the zone' and what makes*it*so hard when your not?!!

Been having dorset nutty muesli with muller greek style yoghurt for breakfast (hx b + 1/2 syn). Finding that it's really filling me up and that I'm not craving these sweet fixes during the day so much. There's a lot to be said for breakfast!!

Had a M&S tomato and egg salad for lunch with some melon. That was at 2pm and I wasn't starving marving thanks to breakfast.

Was out for tea with friends. Went to an indian and had chicken tikka, boiled rice and salad (no sauce) and one poppadom (4syns). Giving 5 syns for the chicken to be on the safe side - my book said 9 but dont think that could be right. It is only marinade not sauce.....!

Away to friends today - armed with my syn free bolognaise, vodka soda and fresh lime. Hope to be able to report back positively tonight!!

Have a lovely day xx

I think I need to revisit my list of reasons that I want to lose weight but one of them is so that I can make a pair of heels last longer than a month lol!! Being four/five stone over weight really takes it's toll on my footwear - just think what it must be doing to my body....

Will update a new list on Sunday.

Never managed to update my list today, just checking in briefly to update on the weekend...

Well I wasnt perfect but I did better than I normally would have. I didn't really count my syns yesterday as I've no idea how many vodkas or proseccos that I had. However both meals were free and apart from some bday cake and a few marshmallows the only snacking was on carrots, cucumber and some houmous. It could have been a LOT worse!!

I had quite a lot of syns again today but again not totally excessive. I had quite a large glass of OJ at breakfast which would have had quite a lot of syns due to the volume. Breakfast could have involved better choices but I had a bagel and a sausage which came to about 10 syns. No snacking at all today and I had a syn free dinner. Pudding was a slice of Daim bar cake - I shouldnt really have had it as it took me way over my daily syns but also because I forgot that I'd already had bday cake last night!!

All in all I could have done a little better but still feel that I kept control and made fairly decent choices.

I've been good during the week so i'm sure a small deviation wont be too damaging x

I'm sure it will be ok good luck for your group session x

Thanks Angelicbee!! Nice of you to pop by. I was reading your diary the other day, I hope you're getting on ok.

Had quite a good day today in order to 'compensate' for the weekend. Plus its the last couple of days before payday so I'm limited to how much rubbish I can actually eat!!

Had muesli (hex b), banana and yoghurt (0.5) for breakfast and a mugshot and an apple for lunch. Used last of the bolognaise from the freezer with pasta for tea. 30g cheddar (hex a) and a jelly (0.5)

I might have said this already but I'm really noticing the difference that having breakfast is making. I'm finding that I'm full right through till around 2pm and not having big sugar crashes - for someone that has spent most of their adult life on some sort of diet it is weird that I'm just realising this now. I have had no chocolate this week and have not craved any - really wierd!! Good though!!

Back