Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

You too Aymz, enjoy the festivities! Are you relaxing for Xmas day? I was all full of good intentions but decided I'm just going to go with the flow and enjoy it without worrying. Everyone needs a cheat day right?!

Just worked a b/s after a day shift and on again at 11 am so I'm knackered and stressed about Christmas presents not being wrapped and all the rest of it - however I've not turned to food so have had a pretty good day considering.

Not really a sw day given that I have had no hex whatsoever and probably not really enough food.

Today was -
No breakfast
Green split pea soup for lunch
Packet of quavers (snack)
Salad with boiled egg and ham for dinner
More snacking this time on melon, pineapple and mango
About a million roses - maybe 12 at most which is about 24 syns - oops
However I think I'll get away with it given lack of real food today.

Will have a lovely yummy dinner tomorrow night with chilli, rice and my hex a cheese - dying for some cheese, used to having my 30g everyday now!!

So tired, away to bed - need to collect my turkey at M&S at 9.30am. I didn't plan this well!!

Night/morning xx

Sounds great. To be honest I've had a relaxed week *embarassed face*. Enjoy!!

Stuffed my face today
Feel like I am actually bursting at the seams - out for a meal tomorrow night but will be exercising some moderation during the day at least!!

It could have been worse today - I had a pretty dodgy tum this morning which I think was after all the crap that I ate yesterday - my body didn't thank me for it!! Makes me motivated to keep eating better though.

Boxing day was my last 'big event' before I get weighed on Tuesday but I was keen for it not to be a total binge day after yesterday. I was working today so went to work armed with blueberries, grapes and salad. I nibbled on my superfree food all day until I left work at six - I did have a mini roll at 6 but I was starving and no more grapes or salad would cut it lol!

Dinner was a big family affair out with cousins and aunties etc as it was my mum's bday. I had -
Starter - lentil soup with crusty bread and 10g butter
Main - braised beef in a rich red wine gravy with carrots, sprouts and roast parsnips. Had one roast potato and a wee drop mash. Was very yummy!
Pudding - rubarb crumble with custard

Back at the house after I had a can of coke (they didn't have diet) and a small square of b day cake - feel a bit sick now!

So although there are quite a few syns I there I feel I've off set some by being better during the day......The old bursting would have done a lot more damage!!

Last edited:
Oh dear!! I managed a spectacular gain this week of 4.5 lbs
I'm not surprised, I've eaten like a pig this week and probably consumed my own weight in chocolate.

However I'm not getting down about it or giving up - my plan is to loose all of it for next week. SW have launched a new 'speed' plan so going to get wired in to that this week and hope I get a good result to get me back on track. I've still lost 8 lbs - just not go in to crack the first stone as soon as I had hoped (unless I can get 6 lbs off which isn't likely!)

Out for dinner tomorrow night but have checked out the menu and I have a plan!! King prawns for starter and steak and salad for main. Will take some chilli with me for lunch and have it with salad.

Basically the new plan is quite low carbon which should help kick start things again. Not going to bother updating my ticker till next week - hoping that it will be just like it never happened when I check in next Tuesday lol!!

Will be back on tmrw night to update and track my food again. So the new plan is a combinations of P foods (protein) and S foods (speed foods), 1 hexa and 2 hexb. Thinking my hexb will be a hifi bar and muesli. Wish it was 2 a choices instead!! Usual syn allowance as well.

Not drinking tmrw as I'm working on NY day so at least that will save me some syns!!

Happy new year everyone when it comes. Here's to a successful 2015!!
X X

Well to keep it short and sweet - I've been really really crap!! I've been working non stop for the last seven days and have been away from home for all my meals - needless to say that I haven't made good choices.

Off tomorrow so doing a big batch cook of chilli, bolognaise and chicken casserole to freeze and have to hand for dinners. ...I will report back, but first off to bed after a back shift turned into a night shift

3.5 off woop woop wooooooohoooooo!

Thanks Blonde cat - not sure I deserved it but definitely the motivation I needed to refocus again!!

So back to checking in and logging food now that I'm back on it properly!!

Today was extra easy sp day or whatever it's called -

35g muesli (hexb)
30g cheddar (hexa)
4 clementines
Lettuce
Tomato
Bacon (fat cut off)
Chicken
2 boiled eggs
Muller light greek style 0.5 syns
Creme egg 8.5 syns
Velvet crunch crisps 4.5 syns

Total syns 13.5
(Missed out a second hexb - need to get some bars in or something)

Last edited:
Not a brilliant day yesterday - I allowed myself to be sabotaged early on in the day which made it a bit tricky later on in the day!! Lesson - check the syns before you shove it in your gob!! My husband brought home a slice of millionaire's shortbread at lunch time yesterday - it was gone before I had worked out that it was 16 syns (not that it was ever going to qualify as a low syn treat!)

So yesterday was a extra easy sp day again (except with too many syns).
Brunch - baked eggs with tomato and ham and asparagus
Caramel shortbread (16 syns as above )
Dinner - SW chicken thai style curry (1 syn) with broccoli and green beans

Hexa - 30g cheese
Hex b - 1. Olive oil 2. 35g muesli

Here's where it got a bit messy -
2 vodkas with shloer light (left over from xmas) 14 syns (again should have checked before drinking - shloer high syns even though light variety
Homemade popcorn (10 syns seems a bit high - won't bother doing that again)
Celery with garlic dip made from fat free fromage frais, garlic salt and wholegrain mustard (0.5 syns)

Finished at around 40 syns yesterday - going to try and go syn free tomorrow to compensate a bit.

Better day today. Trying to be a bit stricter with myself to compensate for yesterday!

Brunch - 2 pears - was on the hop so didn't have much time
Snack - 30g cheddar (hexa) and an apple
Dinner - Left over sw curry with broccoli and asparagus
Pudding - sweetened fromage frais with chopped up pear and 35g nutty muesli. Put some options choc through the fromage frais so I think that's 2 syns.

Total syns - 2

At a bit of a loose end, been off for a week's AL and starting to get a bit fidgety now - sign of a good rest when you're looking forward to going back to work.

So 2 full days left before weight day...would absolutely love to get my stone award this week - I was so close before Christmas happened!! Need 2.5 off - think it's achievable if I stick with the low carbon sp plan - as long as I don't have another big syn day!! Going to keep all my fingers and toes crossed (and my mouth shut )

Last edited:
Hey...Weigh day tomorrow du du da.....!!
Starting to feel a bit trimmer today and back on track weight wise - I think I've definitely undone the Christmas damage now. Just DYING to get into the 13's - feels like it's taking me ages to get this first stone off - especially when I have another 4 to go after!! Anyway slow and steady wins the race and all that. Wish you could just zap fat away and be magically thin in no time - sadly not!

I'm feeling really positive just now and really pleased to be back on track after the festivities. Loving SW and my group and leader are so nice. I really feel a part of it which I have never done before (and I've been to a lot of different groups/diets etc!!). I think having such good support is definitely a massive contributor to the fact that I've stuck with it first the past week!!

Forgot to track last night - can't remember what I had and can't be bothered checking the app, but I was def w/in 15 syns so go me! Today was a pretty good day -
Brunch - 2 boiled eggs and an apple
Dinner - SP soup (see below)
Lots of clementines and a pear.
3 babybel light (hexa)
2 alpes light bars (hexb)
1 packet velvet crunch - 4.5 syns

So the soup.... tried SP soup which is a recipe passed round the group this week. It contains -
Carrots
Leeks
Celery
Onions
Peppers
Green lentils
Red lentils
Mixed beans
Baked beans
Tinned tomatoes
Beef stock (or veg)

I have to say despite my reservations it was really nice!! There's only so much I like baked beans and for me this crossed a line lol! However I didn't let myself be put off and actually they DO add something nice to the soup. Mind over matter on this one!!

Ended up with 7 tuperware containers of the stuff so it's a good job that I like it haha!

Night all xx

Yaaaasssss!! Lost 2.5lbs to get my stone award. Totally delighted *happy dance*
I'm now 14st and 1/2 lb so will be definitely seeing the 13's next week - it's been a long time!!
My next goals are 14 St 7.5 for my 10%/1.5 stone awards, and hoping to be 13 st for a hen do that I'm going to on 14th February - will mean that I'll need to get my head down but hopefully I can achieve it.
It feels like I'm actually doing this

Ok enough celebrating - time to update my food log.

But first..exercise....
I'be been really poor and struggled to get into any kind of routine (or actually even do anything!) I've decided to set myself an exercise challenge for the next 30 days - basically I want to just be able to check off that I've completed the following each day:
A walk (anything brisk and meaningful)
Squats (following squat challenge)
Plank (following plank challenge)
Press ups (to exhaustion)
Triceps dips (to exhaustion)

Hopefully that might help tighten things up a bit and boost my losses (lbs and inches). Day 1 starts tomorrow.

So food for today was good - haven't actually eaten a lot due to being out and about and late home. Another SP day - going to do a full week this week and hope for a good result (last week was a short week between weigh ins (Thurs - Tues).
Breakfast - alpen light bar (hexb)
Lunch - SP soup and a pear
Snack - hifi bar (hexb)
Dinner - 2 boiled eggs & 3 babybel light (hexa), clementine
Syns - 1 creme egg @ 8.5 syns

Night everyone xx

Well done on the loss!!

Thanks Aymz!! Need to catch up on your diary, I hope you're good - I think everyone's just enjoying being back to normal life again!!

Quick post tonight as I'm up early tmrw and should have been in bed ages ago!!

Exercise first...
Walking ✔ walked to Morrisons
Squats ✔ 60
Plank ✔ 30 secs
Press ups ✔20
Triceps dips ✔ 20
Also did 200 callanetics pulse things to tighten up my arms. Going back to callanetics on Monday so that should make a difference to my measurements over the next four weeks. I've been measuring every week - starting to see changes, i'll update my progress next week (I measure the day after weigh day)

So big push on over the next four weeks for this hen do. I need to dress as an animal from the zoo one of the nights - so have ordered a black dress with some gold tiger stripes through it and a funky wee tiger 1/2 mask. Will look great provided the dress fits....I've a feeling it won't!! But it will if I can lose another stone and get a few more inches off my waist and hips!! My hips are coming along just not seeing as much progress round my waist. It seems to be one of the last places that I lose it - although the be fair there's a lot of fat round my waist so will take a while before that gets better!! Will update once the dress arrives - very good motivation!!

Good wise a good day - (ex easy SP)
Brunch - boiled eggs and clementines & 3 babybel light (hexa)
Snack - a creme egg 8.5 syns
Dinner - SW curry with broccoli and asparagus, 2 hifi bars (hexb choices)
There were about 4 syns in the curry but divided into four portions so only 1 syn to add for tonight!!

Total syns 8.5

Off to bed now, so much for a wee short post!! Xx

Wow you fit a lot of exercise in!
My diary hasn't been updated in a while but I joined the SW group last night so today is my first day back on the plan. I'm sure I'll have loads to say soon!

Oh dear it's been a long day, left the house at 745 this morning and just home now. What I'm building up to say is that I've done no exercise today at all *blush*!!

However a very good day food wise (especially since I was contemplating a cheat day)! 15 syns and still on SP.

Bfast - 2 boiled eggs and a pear
Snack - a bourbon cream (3.5 syns)
Lunch - a ham salad roll (hexb) and 3 syns to cover the spread
Dinner - Asda ready meal - ham hock with root veg mash and mustard sauce. It came with broccoli and was SP friendly - best I could do in the circumstances (8.5 syns)

15 syns in total

Posting and running to bed!! Night x x

Ooh forgot to say...A wee non scale victory today -
My work trousers that I've not worn for a while (same ones that were previously cutting me in half are loose now)
Also can fit my arms into my winter coat AND close it (just)
All very encouraging!! Will need to remember the changes that can be made in a small amount of time when I try that dress on when it arrives on Monday. I will hopefully have made the same progress again by the time the hen comes around!!

Wow you fit a lot of exercise in!
My diary hasn't been updated in a while but I joined the SW group last night so today is my first day back on the plan. I'm sure I'll have loads to say soon!

Hope you enjoy getting back into SW, are you going to try the new SP plan? This will be my first full week on it, hoping for a good boost!! Will look forward to hearing how you have got on next Wed xx

Back