Add a meal week - do we have it on Avidlite?

KatSparks

Hi,

I'm on Avidlite at the moment but started off with Kee. They sent me an info pack which suggests you should add a meal a day for a week after every 4 weeks.

Now since then I switched to Avidlite products but am following the Kee routine still, i.e. 4 packets a day plus 200ml skimmed milk plus 50cal salad plus 1oz nuts 3xweek. Am in wk4 now.

Does anybody have any advise whether I should add a meal next week? There were a couple of threads on here about it but I can't find them now. :sigh:

Any thoughts? Thanks....

Kat

Hi Kat :)

I'm on Avidlite but sorry, I haven't got a clue.

I'm doing it a little differently to you though (well, when I can stick to it without falling off the wagon that is :rolleyes:). I'm having two packs a day along with a low carb meal based on chicken or tuna with green veggies, so I suppose I'm doing 'add a meal' every week. :)

Ali :)

Hi Ali,

Your way sounds very yummy. Do you find it difficult with just 3 meals a day? The gap between them must be about 5-6hrs? I'd be starving!!

I'm a little concerned about adding a meal as even chicken/tuna can be my trigger and I sooo want to stick to this. If there's any way to avoid the meal week I'd rather wait until early March. We are going away end of March and I want to add one/two meals just before we go so that the pounds don't pile back up while we are away if it makes sense.

Maybe there are no rules and we can just adjust the diet to suit the lifestyle. Though why then the Kee people recommend adding a meal?? :confused:

Kat

I'm doing Avidlite and I'm not adding a meal after week 4.

I have a friend doing Kee so I'll try and find out why they advise doing it.

I'm not sure it's worth it for me, at this early stage I don't want to risk triggering over-eating and undoing all the good work I've done.

Hi

Sorry I'm gatecrashing a bit - but is Avidlite like Cambridge Diet please. Also, is it any cheaper and do you have to see a counsellor or is it all by post?

Thanks ever so much.

I'm not sure it's worth it for me, at this early stage I don't want to risk triggering over-eating and undoing all the good work I've done.

That's exactly what I'm worried about as well. It's so easy to just have a little more and some of that until you can't stop at all.

Would be great if your friend could comment. Thanks!

Kat

Hi

Sorry I'm gatecrashing a bit - but is Avidlite like Cambridge Diet please. Also, is it any cheaper and do you have to see a counsellor or is it all by post?

Thanks ever so much.

Hi Dax,

I don't know much about Cambridge Diet but I think in essense it is the same as other VLCDs. Avidlite is the cheapest I could find and you order everything online. They don't do counselling :D though if you have any health issues you should consult your GP before starting.

Good luck,
Kat

I am doing Avidlite.......I am not breaking for food......another 4 weeks me thinks.......then I will consider food.
I have had no problems with this diet.....except the usual (death breath)......
But everyone to their own......you do whats best for you :D

Hey Dawn,

another great week for you -3lbs! :D Fingers crossed I'll match that on Monday...

Yes it looks like no meals is the best way to go unless the losses stall then it might be an option to kick your metabolism back into shape. Oh well..it's clearly not an exact science!

Kat

Hey Kat

Good luck for Monday :D

NICE recommends that you don't do any VLCD for more than 12 weeks so whatever any diet says that is the official advice. There are probably several ways to address this. You could always try the LL way which is to add lots of milk to the shakes (to bring the daily total above 850 kcals).

Last edited:
NICE recommends that you don't do any VLCD for more than 12 weeks so whatever any diet says that is the official advice. There are probably several ways to address this. You could always try the LL way which is to add lots of milk to the shakes (to bring the daily total above 850 kcals).

Thanks for that. I wasn't going for 12 weeks on vlcd anyway. Maybe just 8 or thereabouts but it's good to know we could go up to 12.

Back