ADD A MEAL WEEK

slimmann

Hi all was just wanting some feed back from some guys/gals that have done the AAM wk on their 5th week and wondered if it altered their weight loss majorly when it came to the weigh in at the end of that week, or have most of you opted for the AAM wk on wk 12 and feedback would be great.Thanks :)

I do believe the guidance that a manufacturer of a VLCD has to stick on the side of the packet has finally been changed, pursuant to recommendations from a rather long time ago - the EU standard advice now is to avoid continuous use for more than 4 weeks without medical supervision (IIRC). This was to harmonise the varying advice given throughout the EU - a 4 weekly break was about average, ish.

However from a safety point of view there is no reason to have an add a meal week - para 7..2.d, bottom of page 90, here:- http://www.foodedsoc.org/scoop.pdf

It's a little dry reading, but it gives a rather thorough trot through the clinical research behind our jolly weight-loss adventure, and puts to rest some of the myths, as well.

Good luck :)

Thanks Miss Demeanour, i am being monitored by my G.P who i am to see every 4wks for weigh in and blood pressure, although i am weighing myself weekly anyway, and i shall be doing the AAM wk on the 12wk now mind made up lol :)

Ooh, thanks for the link Miss Demeanour! Very useful info! No AAM until wk13 for me, not that this wasn't my original plan anyway but it's great to have it reaffirmed!

Ditto for me, rainbow brite!

I really resent the AAMW because it breaks my good run of being 100%, but in a way, it's a good thing, as it starts to get you used to the idea of restricted eating, which we are all going to have to get used to if we want to keep the weight off in the long run!

Well, as I said elsewhere, it's your diet, you're in charge.The only person who has the right to tell you what you should or should not do it your GP, really.

Hiya
Im coming up to my AAM week, however ive decided to have a few light evening meals as and when during the week vice one every night. I will monitor my losses and if i am still able to lose, i may just stick with a single meal every week as Miss Demeanour rightly says its your diet.
Good luck

Back