Add a meal

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mummine, 25 February 2007 Social URL.

1. mummine

mummine Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Hello,
    I am new to this site and just summons up the courage to write. Been on cd next week i start add a meal. just wondererd if anyone had any fav ideas for tasty food.
    Want to make the most of my tiny bit of food.

Start Weight 12'12
    week 1- 6lb
    week 2- 3lb
    week 3- 1lb :confused:

Love sarah

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blitz

blitz Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Cant help you with the tasty meals I just kept mine very plain and simple and added into my soup , it made the soup much tastier.

If you do a search back on here theres loads of different idea that others have done tho.

Good luck with AAM.

4. Dibspl

Dibspl Radix lecti

Diet:
    CD
    So am i

I'm about to start my first add a meal week and i'm getting really excited..actually went shopping today for the first time in weeks and bought salad, chicken and fish....I was very unconcerned about AAM when i started but my cdc warned me i would be grateful for my bit of chicken when i came to it and how right she was :eek:. So sorry, can't actually help with any recommends but i do't think mine is going to last long enough to worry about flavouring it :D I note garlic, chilli and a little bit of stock is allowed so i might try that with the chicken.Maybe we can update this thread after AAM to see what we came up with:confused:

5. lancslass

lancslass Full Member

I am veggie and had low fat cottage cheese with mixed salad or tofu in stir fry with either some soy sauce or some curry powder

sorry not much help

sonya

6. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

Hiya Sarah - and WELCOME to Minimins :D I'm afraid I just have my food as is (ie nuthin fancy !) when I'm on AAM - so can't help you there.....:rolleyes:

But I do know that loads of peeps have FAB ideas for their AAM...and I'm sure someone will be along in a mo to help you out !

You are doing really well so far....keep up the good work !

love

Debz
    xx

7. Dibspl

Dibspl Radix lecti

Diet:
    CD
    Hey

How did your first AAM week get on? Any exciting recipes to share?:confused:

8. SkinnyCow

SkinnyCow Full Member

Hi Dibs and Mum,

I put chicken in foil and covered it in pepper and chilli flakes and left it in the oven (covered) for half an hour, it is lovely with brocolli and cauliflower.

I also had cod one night with veg, nothing fancy.

On my final evening i had cottage cheese, pickled red cabbage and salad (yum)it was really tasty. I cant wait for my next AAM.

Hope this helps a little x

9. SkinnyCow

SkinnyCow Full Member

Oh forget that last post lol, just realised it was all posted a week ago.

10. Dibspl

Dibspl Radix lecti

Diet:
    CD
    thanks

No, i posted tonight - i had plain chicken and salad, plain fish and veg etc,so any ideas are welcome,even if i have to wait three weeks :sigh: give me something to look forward to ;)

11. chicksy

chicksy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I havent had a AAM week yet but will be watching this thread.

I also have a question. I intend to add chicken and veg to my oriental chilli soup to make like a thai curry minus the rice obviously. So is it alright to make the soup a bit thicker and can I add fresh corriander?

12. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    All i've really had is steamed cod fish with sprinkled dried parsley and cauliflower (very yum) /steamed chicken breast with Brocolli.

Thats all i really want. I did think about the cheese but then i really like my cheese and i might want more than i can have. I might try it on my last day.

Tmrw i might get my chicken breast minced ( so it looks like i am eatin more, lol )and have it with some salad leaves.

Good luck xx :)

13. That's_So_Fetch

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Erm, i just realised that this thread is really old. LOL

14. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've noticed this is an old thread but i have a lovely recipe i tried a couple of days ago:

Tofu grilled sprinkled with crushed black pepper (otherwise very bland with very little taste),
    Dried fryed some courgette, leek & added pak choi for the last 2 mins,
    Put the veggies in a nice bowl then the cooked tofu on top, sprinked with a little more pepper & a small sprinkle of garlic....

:eat: Lovely & very filling.

xxx

15. trinakmh

trinakmh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Sounds yummie Mandi, i'll have to give that one a go! ;)

16. That's_So_Fetch

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    mmmm, that does sound nice. I think i might try that one too. :D

Tonight though, i am having chicken breast (steamed) sprinkled with lots of chilli powder (i like chilli food :D) and maybe some sliced cucmbers.

I only steam my food because its the only thing i am good at, lol, and its quick and easy. I might try grilling soon.

Happy munching :) xx

17. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

I'm on AAM after being on SS since Jan (changed from LL so this is the first I've eaten) and am using it as the stabilisation plan. Can you eat chilli? All I thought you could eat add was herbs or a little stock and black pepper? I love chilli so would be very pleased if I could add it!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. That's_So_Fetch

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well i use this chilli powder stuff that my mum uses in her curries. I was abit worried about if i could use it or not so i called up my CDC and she that was fine.

I am not used to eating plain fish, chicken etc because we eat mainly indian cuisine in my house, so i never know what to add to fish/chicken to make it taste better or even how to cook it.

I would check with your CDC and see what they have to say about the Chillie.

If i get knocked out of ketosis i know it was the chilli powder, lol.

Good luck xx :)

20. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    daft question - can you steam somthing without a steamer - and if so, how?:confused: thanks!

21. That's_So_Fetch

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am not sure on this. I think i did read something about this awhile ago but what i am thining of seems a little bizarre so i wont post it, lol.

I will try to find out for you tho.

xx :)

22. Ceri

Ceri Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I know this is a little late but you can steam things without a steamer. I know someone who wraps salmon in foil and puts it in the dishwasher!! Never tried it myself though. She swears its the best way!
    You can steam veg in a saucepan. Just sit a sieve above boiling water and cover with a lid or even foil. Did this once when I ran out of tiers on my steamer. Turned out fine.
    Ceri.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.