Add A Meal?

princess-of-power

VLCDing...again!
Hey guys. Im on LT but I did CD last year.

I was just curious, do you guys still offer an Add A Meal week?

Im quite tempted to switch...Im ready to refeed and I was thinking about doing 810 and in that mind, Im having an Add A Meal week this week...hope Im not doing myself any damage?

I think that AAM week doesn't exist anymore as such - 810 took over from it - so it isn't a VLCD anymore - but I am sure a CDC will confirm this one way or another. I am working up the plans as we speak - doing this week and next 810 and then up to 1000 end of this month!!

I think that AAM week doesn't exist anymore as such - 810 took over from it - so it isn't a VLCD anymore - but I am sure a CDC will confirm this one way or another. I am working up the plans as we speak - doing this week and next 810 and then up to 1000 end of this month!!

Gutted, I loved AAM week!

I do add a meal week even tho im on sole source, every 5th week so i think you can do whatever works for you or what your cdc thinks would work. x

Last edited:
sorry for the confusion - but you do have to do 810 at least every 12 weeks, but you can do it as suits you I think - I did SS+ and ss so that I could eat out occaisionally - I haven;t been here that long - and AAM hasn't been around! Hope I haven't confused you too much!!

Sorry hun you're wrong AAMW does still exist and it's now either every 5th or 13th week.

It does exist still? JOY!!!!

Oh Im so pleased. Ive been panicking Ive screwed up my good work.

Its mad though how CD has changed since I stopped it a year ago. Sole Source Plus...Porridge... no more Coke Zero....!!!

I do miss it though. The LT shakes are so foul compared to them. I miss my banana shakes!

SS+ is great it means that you can have a chicken salad (green leaves - no dressing) I go out with work on a friday everyweek and SS+ has been my saviour - my WL has been ok!!

Add a meal week only exists for long term dieters who started pre february.
Sole Source and Sole Source plus can now be used for up to 12 weeks (BMI dependent) and then 810 step must be used for one week. If you still have weight to lose or your BMI permits it you go back to SS/SS+. :)

That's cleared something up for me. My week 13 coincides with me attending a conference. The reps take us out for meals, all expenses paid, every night of the conference (3 in all). I had decided to cry off saying I had a tummy bug, BUT now I know I have to do 810 that week, it gives me scope for eating out. Please could someone tell me what I'm going to be able to eat on 810 - and do I have all 3 shakes too? Haven't really given it much thought and don't see my CDC til next week. Thanks x

You do have all 3 shakes.. here's the food list.

Step 2 (810 kcal per day)
  • Three Cambridge meals
Choice one from the protein list:
  • 260g canned tuna (in springwater)drained
  • 175g portion of poultry meat (without skin or fat)
  • 275g portion of white fish
  • 275g quorn or tofu
  • 325g reduced fat cottage cheese
  • 250g plain cottage cheese
  • 190g fresh tuna steak
Plus :
  • 3tbsp 'white or green' vegetables (cooked or raw) same as on ss plus list
Plus
  • 340ml skimmed milk
Continue to drink at least 2.25l (4 pts) of water per day.

Last edited:
Its amazing just HOW much protien there is on this plan!! I have been on 810 since fri and have managed to split the protien part between two meals but 3 tbsp of veg is pretty tiny!!! Nice to have milk too - felt soooo much of a treat having a skinny latte on Saturday!!

You do have all 3 shakes.. here's the food list.

Step 2 (810 kcal per day)
  • Three Cambridge meals
Choice one from the protein list:
  • 260g canned tuna (in springwater)drained
  • 175g portion of poultry meat (without skin or fat)
  • 275g portion of white fish
  • 275g quorn or tofu
  • 325g reduced fat cottage cheese
  • 250g plain cottage cheese
  • 190g fresh tuna steak
Plus :
  • 3tbsp 'white or green' vegetables (cooked or raw) same as on ss plus list
Plus
  • 340ml skimmed milk
Continue to drink at least 2.25l (4 pts) of water per day.
Oh Spooky thank you!:thankyou: I've been dreading this conference, I didn't realise how much I could have. I have a very good idea about the weight of the chicken having done Slimming World for several years, I've weighed enough Chicken breasts to have a fairly accurate guestimate :giggle:. I'm going to get a chicken or fish dish each night and ask them to put the sauce on the side.

Suddenly the conference seems a lot less hideous now. Thanks again, so glad I spotted this thread. xxx

Just a thought, remember our old home economics lessons at school? a TABLEspoon is not a DESSERTspoon (the ones we eat our cereal with) It's a larger size, I got some cookery measuring spoons from the £1 shop and that helps :)

Sarah xx

I think I'm going to do ss+ every 5th week, 'cause I'm finding it too difficult on ss alone. To imagine doing this for the whole 12 weeks now is not something I think will be workable for me. In the mornings despite drinking 1 litre of water before setting out I feel really drained - no doubt this has much to do with the fact that I have not had a meal since 6.30pm the previous evening and my first meal is at 9.30am. I have spaced my meals out 9.30am, 2.00pm and 6.30pm. Other than these times I'm drinking the permitted liquids. When I go on to SS+ for week 5 I'm either going to have my conventional food at 12noon or 6.30pm, working my packets around it. I think this will in turn help me to say on this Plan and be successful.

SS+ every 5th week will be for me!

That should be ok because week 13 should see me in Christmas week and I look forward to turkey (no stuffing or gravy) and some sprouts and cauliflower. Parsnips?

Back