Addictive eating Gillian Riley .Eat Less

I brought mine today as i am starting the 1000 plan today maintaince here i am. lol.x

a great thread thanx x

oh never heard of her, but I plan to buy a copy of the book!
Pity the seminar weekend was in 2009 - I got excited thinking it was this year :)!!!!
Ah well, never know, she might come back again to Manchester!!

:help2: Bought the book & started reading it today. I'm pinning my hopes on it.

Wrinkly...the book is amazing!!! It has so helped me and I cant recommend it enough..seriously!
Hope you get as much out of it as I have and I am only half way through!

Thank you Scotsmist. So far I am on chapter four. The print is a little small for me (Cataracts) but I will keep going back to it. Believe me, I need all the help I can get! :break_diet:

The book is great, wish I'd found it years ago. Lights are coming on in my head!

I didnt get on with this book at all .. I just dont get it!

Help?

cmcewn, You are doing wonderfully well, congratulations! I don't know how I could help.
For myself, I don't expect the weight to drop off or any road to Damascus moment but the book is plain common sense put in a way that makes me think - wow! Of course!

i have read about 25 pages and to be honest it isnt doing much for me :(

I am afraid I am the same I bought this book to read on holiday and couldn't get on with it at all.

Help somebody, WTFlip is she on about? :D:confused:

I feel her book should be read & referred to, time & time again. There's a lot to take in & acted upon. I have slipped of late but I will keep going back to it, because it makes sense for me.

i am about half way through this book and it is real poo. she dont stop repeating herself. yes we have a problem with eating. she wants us to not discuss our eating habbits with others! she wants us to weigh ourselves once twice a year max! every other paragrapgh she refers to eating is a habbit like smoking. i am getting very bored of this book. it hasnt told me anything i dont already know. i will keep reading it and see if the other half of the book will change my mind about it but i doubt it!! :(

The people who 'dont get it' are missing the point: this is NOT a diet book but a tool to use for people that binge eat. Diets do not work in the long term. By using the techniques in this book I can control my obsessive behaviour around food. I past the point of dieting. I don't care about my weight anymore. Its my binge eating that's the problem. And no diet adressses binge eating. Because no diet allows for it. Well I am human and I am an addictive eater. This book allows me to deail with my binge eating. So y'all carry on with your hopeless diets and happy christmas

Back