Advice anyone?

stef2009

Gold Member
Hi all, having abit of a crapy time at the minute with dieting and decided today to relax alittle and give myself a bit of a break, I've been stalled for about 12 weeks and it's driving me mad, according to mfp I need to have 1250 cals per day to lose 1lb per week, does anyone else eat this low?

Anyone with similar stats to me? How many cals do u have? Do u go with the carbs and fat in mfp too? As its givin me 165g of carbs which is high!!

I'm 5'0 and 161lb

As I say trying to have abit of a break and more relaxed approach but still need abit of structure as don't want to gain more weight!

Many thank xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Now you don't have to believe me but I would say 1250 is too low, especially if you've plateaued & you're sticking to it. I used to go to weight watchers & they advised that eating below your points wouldn't increase weight loss. With the new weekly bonus points you could eat people in my group would sometimes find they may plateau but lose when they ate all their points. I would see how you go having relaxed a little bit. Do you exercise? I don't particularly but working in a supermarket I'm on my feet all day & I cycle to & from work which keeps me ok. I am 5ft2 & 144lbs when I'm dieting I rarely go below 1500 & lose....try it and see. You can manually alter your calorie allowance on mfp.

Good luck :)

Hi there, am the same as you, i weigh alot more though and didnt lose weight this week even though i stuck to my calories. am 18.7 and eat 1700 a day, i lost 1 pound last week and sts this week.i am thinking of dropping my calories , anyone know what will work coz am fed up.:confused:x

the_last_time said:
Now you don't have to believe me but I would say 1250 is too low, especially if you've plateaued & you're sticking to it. I used to go to weight watchers & they advised that eating below your points wouldn't increase weight loss. With the new weekly bonus points you could eat people in my group would sometimes find they may plateau but lose when they ate all their points. I would see how you go having relaxed a little bit. Do you exercise? I don't particularly but working in a supermarket I'm on my feet all day & I cycle to & from work which keeps me ok. I am 5ft2 & 144lbs when I'm dieting I rarely go below 1500 & lose....try it and see. You can manually alter your calorie allowance on mfp.

Good luck :)
Hi :) I believe you :) I did ww and loved it, I was only on 26pp and wasn't losing, was told to use my weeklies, I tried different ways of using them and gained booo :(
So I'm trying to find the right amount of cals to go off, I go away In 3 weeks so abit paranoid of putting weight on before I go! I used to exercise on the wii but stopped a couple of weeks ago so gonna start going on it again this week, I don't think I've ever gone over 1500 cals per day though lol so may have to try that, and pray I don't gain lol Thankyou xxxx
rani said:
Hi there, am the same as you, i weigh alot more though and didnt lose weight this week even though i stuck to my calories. am 18.7 and eat 1700 a day, i lost 1 pound last week and sts this week.i am thinking of dropping my calories , anyone know what will work coz am fed up.:confused:x
Hey hun, it's rubbish isn't it! I really don't know what to suggest as I'm just as stuck, im sure someone will be along soon to advice.
Hope u get a loss next week xxx

Hey :) I've tried to bring my carbs down to under 100g per day,so hopefully that will help, have tried Atkins and like it so going to start that after my holiday I think, only stopped cos I've been Ill so decided to take a more relaxed approach until my Hol :) xxx

I'm not a huge believer in low carbing , however 'moderate' carbs are the way to go... It is very easy to have, say, cereal for breakfast, wholemeal pittas for lunch, and pasta for dinner - before you know it, you've clocked up three meals with carbs!

Keep us posted on how you're getting on

Lol I know I've realised how easy it is to have alot of carbs and didn't realise how many are in things! How many carbs do u stick to? Xxx

I'm not a fan of low carb diets & I tend to try & stick to the mfp ratio but do try & increase my protein over carbs sometimes.....fat I do try to keep at 30% One thing to be aware of if you're low carbing is mfp includes values for fruit & veg where WW for example didn't. I had a banana, 2 little plums & half an apple - 44g carbs ! Fruit to excess isn't great and I know you should get more of your 5 from veg than fruit, but I think it's an important part of the diet....think of the fibre!!

Do you like pulses? They do count as carbs & one of your 5 a day but quite a few have a high protein amount too (I'm sure you know all this so apologies). I try & have pulses with my salad at lunch instead of a 'true' carb.....cereal for brekkie, pots/pasta/rice for tea ..... I love carbs :)

Do you have a diary on here - it may be worth posting it, even your now relaxed version & then may be we can spot things we've done / changed which could help??

I don't look at the carb value of my food as I'd just fixate ! I tend to keep fruit to one or two pieces a day and I never eat bread or pasta - well, rarely! And no white carbs.

This works for me without being too restrictive

Oh & if you like following a diet / plan - have you tried slimming world?? It's food optimising with very limited weighing and measuring....it could work for you. They do red (protein), green (carbs) or extra easy (1/3 plate to be 'superfree' foods eg veg/salads). You can change it each day but once you've set what you're following that day you need to stick to it.

I think that monitoring carbs is important but also fat sugar and protein. I've got a Friend on 1200 calories a day who things she can eat whatever and still loose weight even if it's only one big mac all day and it's crazy!! I've been monitoring my fat and sugar ( which I always go over due to fruit) and carbs but after advice on here I'm going to drop my carb limit, I've also stocked up on wholemeal penne, rice, spaghetti and whole wheat cous cous, I've always had wholemeal bread, so I can still enjoy carbs.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

I'm not a fan of low carb diets & I tend to try & stick to the mfp ratio but do try & increase my protein over carbs sometimes.....fat I do try to keep at 30% One thing to be aware of if you're low carbing is mfp includes values for fruit & veg where WW for example didn't. I had a banana, 2 little plums & half an apple - 44g carbs ! Fruit to excess isn't great and I know you should get more of your 5 from veg than fruit, but I think it's an important part of the diet....think of the fibre!!

Do you like pulses? They do count as carbs & one of your 5 a day but quite a few have a high protein amount too (I'm sure you know all this so apologies). I try & have pulses with my salad at lunch instead of a 'true' carb.....cereal for brekkie, pots/pasta/rice for tea ..... I love carbs :)

Do you have a diary on here - it may be worth posting it, even your now relaxed version & then may be we can spot things we've done / changed which could help??
Thankyou :) Oh god diarys ive had about 20 on this site haha ive just created a new one in the brides to be part as im sick of moving diet threads!! I know what u mean about fruits, i have a banana per day, maybe some grapes too, i tried to stay under 80g carbs per day found it really hard though :-\
My diary- http://www.minimins.com/brides/293132-im-gonna-mini-bride-28-09-2013-a.html
xxx

I don't look at the carb value of my food as I'd just fixate ! I tend to keep fruit to one or two pieces a day and I never eat bread or pasta - well, rarely! And no white carbs.

This works for me without being too restrictive
I need to start eating wholemeal!! x
Oh & if you like following a diet / plan - have you tried slimming world?? It's food optimising with very limited weighing and measuring....it could work for you. They do red (protein), green (carbs) or extra easy (1/3 plate to be 'superfree' foods eg veg/salads). You can change it each day but once you've set what you're following that day you need to stick to it.
Ive tried nearly all diets apart from slimming world, well u could say i tried it, but i just couldnt do it, im thinking of maybe looking at the extra easy plan xxx

I think that monitoring carbs is important but also fat sugar and protein. I've got a Friend on 1200 calories a day who things she can eat whatever and still loose weight even if it's only one big mac all day and it's crazy!! I've been monitoring my fat and sugar ( which I always go over due to fruit) and carbs but after advice on here I'm going to drop my carb limit, I've also stocked up on wholemeal penne, rice, spaghetti and whole wheat cous cous, I've always had wholemeal bread, so I can still enjoy carbs.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do x
Thanks hun, yeah ive seen ppl have mcdonalds everyday as its in there allowance, im one of these lucky people who dont like takeaway and fastfood! xxx

Thanks all for ur advice :D xx

Back