Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

1.5lbs off for me this week. Not very impressed with the fishy week concept after that...might try it again in a month or so without the piggy weekend afterwards.
3.5lbs to go until Club 10... Hope for another 1.5 this week.

:) Tuesday - red

Breakfast - banana mid-morning

Lunch - prawn salad
pear
apple

Snack - fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - Roast BNS stuffed with roast veg and feta (HexA x 2)
Snackajacks (4.5 syns)
Chocolate buttons (4 syns)

Total syns: 8.5

Back on the exercise today too - went for my bike ride after work :)

Well done on the 1.5lbs - that's fab!!

Thanks girls, just don't think I'm cut out to be a 3lb a week girl!

:) Wednesday - green

Breakfast - banana mid-morning

Lunch - leftover roast veg with pasta
Apple
Pear

Snack - Weetabix Oaty Bar (HexB)

Dinner - Pasta with tuna (HexB), sweetcorn, onion, mushrooms, pepper, aubergine, tomatoes and grated cheese (HexA)
5 Mikados (2.5 syns)
Solero (5 syns)
half a fudge bar (3 syns)

Total syns: 10.5 syns

Went for my bike ride again tonight too :)

Update - also did a session on the gym ball later on :)

Last edited:
Well done on the loss :D I'm destined to be a 1lb a week (2 if I'm very lucky) loser. Occasionally I get a bit loss, but then sts or put on anyway, lol. Better than not losing at all tho!

Thanks girls, just don't think I'm cut out to be a 3lb a week girl!

Me neither - thinking of starting a 1lb a week club, then again, some weeks I can't manage that - mind you I am taking the scenic route :character00182:. Saying that 17 weeks till :4616:so getting my act well and truly in gear!!

Very true, I think I would really struggle to stay motivated if I STS for weeks on end like some people do between losses.

Right, today I have been starvin Marvin all day so have eaten like a trooper...

:) Thursday - red

Breakfast - banana and apple mid-morning

Lunch - feta cheese (HexA) and balsamic vinegar salad (mixed leaves, tomatoes and cucumber
pear
apple

banana

Dinner - chicken breast stuffed with philedelphia (HexA) and basil, wrapped in lean bacon, with broccoli, green beans and carrots
Half a fudge bar (3 syns)
Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 8

Went for my bike ride today too. Was really hard work today, I think I struggle more when I havn't had carbs, I'm such a carb junky ;)

Hun - did you only have 1B yesterday?? Arrgh, don't talk about Xmas, my birthday is on 23rd Dec and I can't face another birthday yet!!!

Oops, yes, I am being a bit rubbish with my HexBs at the mo. Seem to be managing 2 HexAs no problem though, so on a green day can just count one as a HexB and one as HexA but on a red day it's not so good...

:) Friday - green

Lunch - leftover tuna pasta from Wednesday
pear
apple

banana
3 Mikados (1.5 syns)

Dinner - tomato and basil risotto with philidelphia stirred through (HexA)
Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 6.5

Played badminton this evening and kicked OH's ass again ;)

Oh, oh, and my slendertone arrived today!! It's a strange old thing, feels a bit like a vibration plate just on your tummy, but with your hands you can't feel anything from the outside of the belt because it's just electronic pulses making the muscles contract.

Well, done 40 mins of that this evening and don't see why I can't use it to and from work as planned, so hopefully I'll have a super-flat stomach in a couple of weeks' time ;)

Oops, yes, I am being a bit rubbish with my HexBs at the mo. Seem to be managing 2 HexAs no problem though, so on a green day can just count one as a HexB and one as HexA but on a red day it's not so good...

:) Friday - green

Lunch - leftover tuna pasta from Wednesday
pear
apple

banana
3 Mikados (1.5 syns)

Dinner - tomato and basil risotto with philidelphia stirred through (HexA)
Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 6.5

Played badminton this evening and kicked OH's ass again ;)

Oh, oh, and my slendertone arrived today!! It's a strange old thing, feels a bit like a vibration plate just on your tummy, but with your hands you can't feel anything from the outside of the belt because it's just electronic pulses making the muscles contract.

Well, done 40 mins of that this evening and don't see why I can't use it to and from work as planned, so hopefully I'll have a super-flat stomach in a couple of weeks' time ;)

Cos I'm a carb junkie I have potato as a HeB on a red day, or wholemeal pasta, I buy the tiny little ones then it looks alot :rolleyes:. Good luck with the belt, I have the knickers too, and a powerplate. I dust them every week but nothings happened so far lol :p

Nope not missing fish! In fact, I'm thinking of going back to green days for a bit as the red days haven't done much to boost things :)

:) Saturday - green

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - Scrambled egg on toast (HexB) with onion relish (1 syn)
banana

Dinner - BBQ - quorn sausages, veg kebabs, corn on the cob, couscous and pasta salads (Allowing second HexB for oil and about 4 pinenuts in the couscous salad...), cheese (HexA)
Slice of carrot cake (10 syns?)

Total syns: 11

Played a game of squash in the morning and had a slendertone session :)

:) Sunday - green

Brunch - leftover pasta salad (HexB for oil)
Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Snack - KitKat (5.5 syns), 2 mikados (1 syn)
Banana

Dinner - mixed bean chilli with wholemeal rice and grated cheese (HexA)
Mini milk (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 13.5

Plus did an hour of slendertone while sat in the car. It says not to use when driving though so I think I'll do it on an evening when cooking or in front of the TV.

Well, scales haven't budged this week, so WI tomorrow I think I'll STS or maybe even gain. Rubbish. Sneaky peeking might account for today's kitkat session :(

Good luck for WI.
I'm intrigued about the slendertone belt, you'll have to let us know if it makes a difference. I loved your Sunday diary - reminds me why I love SW - you managed to have 2 kit kats, mikados and a mini milk yet still stayed within your syn allowance!!

I think I might be a copy cat and start doing some greens too - I like being able to use oil as an extra HEXB when I'm cooking pasta, and being able to have Alpen lights or fibre plus bars as snacks. Plus I think I do genuinly eat more veg on green days rather than EE... Will be keeping an eye on your diaries for ideas missy.
PS - your BBQ sounds scrummy

Thanks ladies, I am liking the Slendertone so far - you can definitely feel it working the muscles. On the box it says '100% of users notice a firmer, flatter stomach within 8 weeks of use'. I think the firm and flat might be well hidden under the belly, but I'll give it a couple of months before giving a verdict!
To be honest it is very simple to use so shouldn't be a great chore to stick at. The pads on the belt are very sticky but they don't leave any stickiness on the skin when you peel them off so it's not like machines of the past where you had to smear conductive gel on your belly! You don't get any aching the next day either (which I definitely would if I tried to attempt 120 real sit-ups in one session!).
I got in on an ebay deal of the day (It was new though...) for £36 and free delivery.
Will definitely keep you all updated - especially if a washboard stomach miraculously appears over the next few weeks ;)

Hmph, grumpy post now, I have gained half a pound this week :(

I know you can't expect to lose every week but it has got me down a bit, especially when I read posts on here all the time of people losing 2lbs despite a takeaway or boozy night out. Life's not fair!!!

Also, I am off to Paris for the rest of the week after today, and know it won't be a good week foodwise so was aiming to STS next week. But if I've gained from being 100%, there's no hope for me next WI :(

Only thing I think it can be is having 2 bananas a day which I have done most days over the past week (bunches were on BOGOF ;) ). I have read people on here saying they need to go careful on the bananas, so maybe it's that?

Or maybe it's the exercise, but that's just plain unfair too.

I know it's only half a pound, but I've been trying so hard, with all the exercise and sticking 100% to plan with regards to food, that's it's getting me down. Going to be extra hard to make positive food choices while I'm away after this too :(

Don't worry hun, our bodies do strange things, and you might find after having a not so great week food-wise in Paris that actually you come out of it with a loss.
Are you taking your slendertone with you to Paris?

Back