Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

:) Wednesday

Breakfast - banana mid-morning

Lunch - cheesy pasta mugshot
salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato and yellow pepper)
pear

Snack- apple
Fibre plus bar (HexB)
1 x Extra Light Dairylea triangle
Carrot

Dinner- jacket potato with baked beans and cheese (HexA)
mini milk (1.5 syns)

Snack - low fat super noodles
mini milk (1.5 syns)
kit kat (5.5 syns)

Been trying to plan for this weekend - I'm off to the Moto GP at Silverstone and will be camping so lots of BBQ'd quorn and corn on the cob I think...and mugshots / supernoodles / tinned ravioli (3 syns a tin?) in case it's rainy. And fruit for snacks. There'll be beer though, so I'm sure I will overdo it on the syns.
Why oh why did I choose a Monday weigh-in when I do all the damage on the weekend?! :)

Hiya Hun

There are 2 syns in creamy cheese mug shots on green and extra easy and 13 on red. I think the cheese one is only one of a couple of them which have syns in on green and extra easy.

Oh i had a mini milk today for the first time they are lovely and worth the 1.5 syns.

Hope this helps xxx

I have to go to work unfortunately. He says we can't all go as it's too expensive (went away half term week). He's just checking it out for when world superbikes come later on in the year. But we probably won't all go then. We went to Valencia in 2007 and I did enjoy it more that I thought I would be not sure about going again. He usually ends up taking one or two of the kids. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

...And you've made it to target - WELL DONE KNITTER!!!

Thanks Iamdetermined, that powder rubbish is DEFINITELY not worth 2 syns, won't be having that again!

:) Thursday

Well, today's been a bit of a nightmare. Some colleagues have come over to the UK for meetings and things so I've had to go out and therefore *eek* lose control over how things have been prepared...

Breakfast - banana mid-morning

Lunch - pasta salad - pasta, onion, chicken, bacon, tomato (plus some creamy sauce that it would have been far nicer without but no doubt had thousands of syns in. Grrr)
pear

Dinner - Butternut squash risotto (no doubt cooked with something fatty) with asparagus, roasted tomatoes and parmesan shavings.

Two slices wholemeal bread, Flora extra light and 1x dairylea extra light triangle.

So, I guess I'll stay green as there were only tiny bits of chicken and bacon in the salad and then the two bits of bread can be 2 x HexB and the cheese can be 1 x HexA.
Then syns for chicken, bacon, creamy salad dressing, hidden syns in the risotto and Flora Extra light - Gosh :(

And the weekend hasn't even started yet!

Sod it, I'll have a mini-milk :)

Right, I'm back from the camping weekend with a sunburnt nose and STS this week. Blinking lucky getting an STS as well ;)

However, whereas I am sure I went over my syns on alcohol and various hidden syns, I generally did stick to plan and I'm petting myself on the back for making lots of good choices:

I only had quorn on the bbq - no fatty sausages / burgers.
I had no more than 3 cans of lager each day.
I snacked on fruit, snackajacks and fibre plus bars (and raisins and nuts which I'm sure are high in syns but I feel are much more healthy than fried snacks!).
The only time I caved and had food from a fast food stall I had a jacked potato and veggie chilli - avoiding doughnuts, burgers, hot dogs, pizzas, baguettes, ice cream, pick and mix, noodles, mexican food....there were a lot of stalls!

And seeing as it was just me and three men I think I did pretty well to not gain a good few pounds!!

Right, enough justifying my synliness to myself and the world...
New week, clean slate - by next year I wanna look like a paddock girl :)

Well done - that's amazing! You did really well avoiding temptation - big hurrah for you!!

Hey suey hun!!!!

i think you need eat more free foods and speed foods hun!!!

feel your self up on those!

i eat loads and loads of speed foods and i feel this helps me so much

u sounded like me with the sparkling wine etc

on a weekend either fri nite or sat nite or both i drink at least 2 bottle of that rose cava stuff and fill me glass up with strawberries its so good it makes me feel better coz even though im having syns im pigging out on speed food too.;)

i cant go on a bout speed foods enough but since ive been eating at least 2 portions a day my weight losses have been so much better even if i go over my syns at the weekend

Try it hun!!!;)

Thanks Tanny, I'll have to dig my books out and bung a load of speed foods on the shopping list :)
Are speed / superspeed foods all fruit and veg??

Thanks Sarah! Although I wasn't that good :(
But it could have been lots lots worse so I'm looking on the positive :) :)

And Rufus (my kitty) must have missed me this weekend as he woke me up at 6.15 this morning sat on me purring and rubbing his head on my hands (DIY stroking for when the stroker is asleep :) )

I think so yeah and some beans and pulses too.

heres wot i have

strawberries
rasberries
melon
grapefruit
brussel sprouts
blackberries

try this recipe!!!

speed food soup

can mixed bean salad
can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 ham stock cubes
salt and pepper
mixed herbs
water to cover ingredients

Aw bless him, he must have missed you! There's nothing like a cuddly kitty to welcome you home!!

:) Monday

Breakfast - banana and apple (speed food) mid-morning

Snack - tomato mugshot

Lunch - Low fat super noodles and sweetcorn

Snack - fibre plus bar (HexB)
apple (speed food)

Dinner - quorn sausages, swede mash (speed food), peas (superspeed food) and gravy (2.5 syns)

Leaves me a HexA, HexB and syns to play with when the snack monster strikes later on :)

Edit - the snack monster struck!
Snack - wholemeal pitta (HexB) with 2 x babybel light (HexA). All melted under the grill - WOW!
1 x Alpen light (3.5 syns)

Last edited:
Thanks Knitter! I did survive - just! It was blinking freezing on Saturday though and rather chilly for camping....But shivering probably burns calories, right?! :)

My kitty is a cutie all right, just not quite so cute at 6am when I am asleep ;)

Melted babybell on pitta? That sounds scrumptious, I will definately be trying that!

:) Tuesday

Breakfast - Apple (speed food) and banana mid-morning

Lunch - wholemeal pitta (HexB) stuffed with quorn burger (1syn) and salad - pepper, tomato, cucumber and homegrown spinach and rocket.
Pear

Snack - Apple
Ryvita minis (HexB)
2 x babybel light (HexA)

Dinner - Wholemeal pasta with sauce - onion, pepper, courgette, spinach, passata (speed foods) and sweetcorn with grated cheese (HexA)
Pear

Got some syns to play with and will no doubt update later ;)

Just been reading through my SW books and have noticed it says HexB can be 57g wholemeal bread EXCEPT PITTA - aargh.
Can I not substitute pitta for my HexB? Has exactly the same syn value as any other wholemeal bread so I don't understand why it wouldn't be allowed?
Can anyone help??!

Edit - Evening snack - kitkat (5.5 syns) and alpen light (3.5syns) Day total: 10 syns

I still have 4 pittas left from the pack and am going to treat them as a HexB and not syn them 'cos I think I've been robbed.

Won't buy them again though :)

Last edited:
I don't go to group so my books are quite old but I'm sure I've seen on here that WM pitta is one of the new healthy extras, not sure if maybe it has to be from a specific shop though?
Hopefully someone can clarify...

Back