Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

:) Wednesday

Breakfast - Apple (speed food), banana and alpen light bar (half HexB)

Lunch - leftover pasta and veg sauce (speed) from last night
pear, apple (speed foods)

Snack - banana, alpen light bar (other half of HexB)

Handful of BBQ peanuts (uh oh....about 10 syns at a guess)

Dinner - Seafood stirfy - veg (speed food), mussels, prawns (HexB) - with noodles and blue dragon szechuan tomato sauce (between 2 people = 4 syns)

Got home from work and my boyfriend was munching peanuts so I started too. Grrr, SO not worth the syns. Oh well, still within the 15 syn limit.

Have a HexA left so can munch on some cheese if I get peckish later :)

Edit - had fat free fromage frais with sweetener as well as a babybel (token gesture towards HexA). Not mixed together obviously ! :)

Last edited:
:) Thursday

Breakfast - banana and apple (speed food) mid-morning

Lunch - Salad - mixed leaves, tomato, pepper, cucumber (speed foods), sweetcorn.
Salt and vinegar rice cake with marmite (1.5 syns)
Pear and apple (speed foods)

Snacks - milk chocolate fibre plus bar (HexB)
sour cream and chive snackajacks 22g bag (4.5 syns)

Dinner - Scrambled egg, SW chips and baked beans (SUPERspeed food) with 2 x extralight laughing cow triangles and 1 babybel light (HexA)
mini milk (1.5 syns)

Total syns so far: 7.5

I always feel like a bit of a piggy though after beans and chips :)

Last edited:
mmm... I love beans and chips, especially with cheese too.

how on earth can that be diet food??!

mmm... I love beans and chips, especially with cheese too.

how on earth can that be diet food??!

that is what i love about SW!! :D:D

we used to always have scrambled eggs, beans, chips and hot dogs and my mum used to call it a "cowboy tea" no idea why :confused: but it was so tasty and a proper treat!! didnt know baked beans were superspeed though?? oh well, another reason to have them more often! ;) xx

Yep, diet food it is :)

I like that, 'cowboy tea', makes me think of that scene in Blazing Saddles where they're all sitting round the campfire, eating beans and trumping. Hee hee, great film....:)

:) Friday

Breakfast - Banana and apple mid-morning

Lunch - Salad (mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber (speed foods) and sweetcorn)
Pear

Snacks - Apple
Alpen light bar (0.5 HexB)
1 x mini babybel light (one third HexA)

Dinner - Pasta and quorn bolognaise (quorn mince, chopped toms, onion, courgette, pepper, mushrooms - lots of speed food!) with cheese (HexA)

Strawberries and raspberries with fat free fromage frais and Alpen light (other half of HexB) - haven't had this yes because I'm full of spag bol but bought some berries on the way home and can't wait to eat them!! :) :)

Got another HexB to get through as well so maybe some ryvita minis later too? Or fibre plus?? We'll see...

:) Saturday

Breakfast - um...had a lie in...

Lunch - chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce with sweetcorn and 3 laughing cow light triangles (HexA). Oink oink.

Snack - Fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - where to begin?! I got the Curry Feast book delivered last week and seeing as I had time on my hands decided to have, well, a bit of a curry feast:
Beef kofta curry (beef as HexB)
Lamb shami kebabs (because I couldn't find turkey mince it was lamb instead - about 14 syns I reckon... eek!)
Spinach dhal
Chickpea dahl
Adrakh saag bhaji
Aloo gobi

All would be free on Extra Easy but a third of my food today has DEFINITELY not been superfree so I can't try to sneak that one ;)

No more syns to use today but am still within limit and am pretty stuffed after all that! Shame I can't have a nice cold bottle of lager now though...mmmmm.

Have strawberries and fat free fromage frais for later in case of evening munchies - got to love strawberry season :) :)

Going to watch the rest of Avatar; I fell asleep last night after the bit where he goes to live with the proper blue monkey people...

Upon reflection I wasn't all that impressed with yesterday's curries. Maybe I was trying to be a bit ambitious by doing so many but I think most of them could easily contain three times as much of all the spices and chillis as they were a bit bland. Hmm, will try it again another time :)

:) Sunday

Breakfast - lie in

Lunch - Sweet and sour Nation's noodle (Golden Wonder pot thing, left over from when we went camping last weekend - 3.5 syns)
Apple

Dinner - BBQ!!
Quorn sausages, quorn sizzling burgers x 2 (2 syns)
95g wholemeal bread roll (2 x HexB)
2 x babybel light (two thirds of HexA)
corn on the cob
Vegetable kebabs (peppers, tomato and mushroom)
Salad (mixed leaves, tomato and cucumber)
2 tbsp relish (2 syns)
Mini milk (1.5 syns)

Yum :)
Total syns: 9

Hello 10st10lb! Thanks for calling in on my diary :)

You have hit the nail on the head there, I don't do any exercise at all :(
Occasionally I manage to kick myself up the bum enough to do an exercise DVD / go for an evening stroll but the phase never lasts more than a fortnight. I do need to start something but since I've never found something I really enjoy it seems like such a chore...

Spent a few hours today painting the fence in the garden and that's got to be a bit of bingo-wing-busting :)

Right, let's make it a target for this week, to do at least one activity session...I can then increase from there :) :)

:) Monday

Breakfast - banana mid-morning

Lunch - low fat supernoodles with sweetcorn (very lazy lunch...)
Apple (speed food)
Alpen light bar (one third of a HexB and 1.5 syns)

Snack - snackajacks (4.5 syns)
laughing cow light triangle (one fifth of a HExA!)

Dinner - wholemeal pasta with homemade sauce (passata, onions, peppers, mushrooms (speed foods) and quorn sausages leftover from yesterday's barbecue) and grated cheese (HexA)

Snack - wholemeal roll (95g eek = 1HexB + 2 thirds of another HexB) and marmite

Total syns: 6 :) :)

AND....I went for a 30min bike ride this evening (had the roll and marmite when I got in afterwards) and even better, I actually enjoyed it - it's so nice when the weather is warm and the evenings are long and light. Looking on a map, it was only about 6km but still, it's a start. New goal is to do this twice more this week - bring on the body magic ;)

Hmmm...this might be edited if my bum hurts tomorrow ;) :)

...And I can also report that after a week of 100% good SW behaviour I have lost 2lbs :) :)
Very pleased, and hoping for another 2lb this week since I have no big weekend plans which is what tends to thwart my good intentions :)

Congrats on the loss - that's brill

Lots of comfy cushions for your sore bum though

Thanks ladies :)
I'm fine sitting down normally but I decided to go for another bike ride today and BOY did I feel it when I perched myself down on the saddle ;)
I'm hoping that I will get bum immunity in a couple of weeks though if I stick at it?!

:) Tuesday

Breakfast - banana mid-morning

Lunch - leftover pasta and homemade sauce (lots of speed food) from last night
apple, pear (speed foods)

Snack - fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - Egg fried rice - brown rice, egg, peas, sweetcorn, onion, peppers, quorn pieces, light soy sauce (which I think is syn free??)
Strawberries, fat free fromage frais and sweetener.

Another 30mins body magic this evening. Arse magic at least ;)

Snack - 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HexB + 4.5 syns) with low fat marg (flora pro-activ - 4 syns) and marmite. Feels naughty :)

Total syns: 8.5

Last edited:
:) Wednesday

Breakfast - banana and apple mid-morning

Lunch - leftover egg fried rice with veg from last night
pear

Snack - alpen light bar (half HexB)
apple
mini milk (1.5 syns)

Dinner - jacket potato with baked beans (superspeed ;) ) and cheese (HexA)
ryvita minis (HexB)

No body magic tonight...maybe tomorrow if my rump is a little less tender ;)

Total syns: 1.5 (so far....might have a kit kat later, just 'cos I CAN :) )

Back