Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

:)

No body magic tonight...maybe tomorrow if my rump is a little less tender ;)

Ouch :eek: I started gym today....dreading the morning....and I'm out all day as have to go to Coventry for a meeting....could be a very painful day lol
Just think how much our halo's are glowing though lol
xx

:) Thursday

Breakfast - banana and apple mid-morning

Lunch - salad - mixed leaves, tomato, pepper, cucumber (speed foods), sweetcorn
snackajacks (4.5 syns)
pear

Snack - banana
fibre plus bar (HexB)
chocolate doughnut (uh oh, acc. to SW book 12 syns for an average ring doughnut)

Dinner - Egg, chip and pepper bake with baked beans (superspeed!) and 1 x mini babybel (HexA)

Total syns: 16.5 eek, I try not to go over 10 usually and don't know why I caved to the doughnut, it wasn't even that great :(

Got a HexB to use but we'll see, might sacrifice it because of all the syns :) :)

Update: cooked pasta for my lunch tomorrow and ended up having some this evening as well. Oh, and an alpen light (HexB) - what's up with me?! I thought hot weather was meant to suppress your appetite but I'm eating for England....It's all on plan but I don't think I'll be losing if I'm eating this much :(

Last edited:
:) Friday

Breakfast - banana mid-morning

Lunch - pasta salad: wholewheat pasta, tomato, pepper, cucumber, laughing cow light triangle (HexA)
pear
fibre plus bar (HexB)

Snack - apple
snackajacks (4.5 syns)
3 brazil nuts (half HexB)

Dinner - chickpea dhal and rice

I went for another bike ride tonight, so that's 3 times this week :)

Total syns so far: 4.5

I am stuffed at the moment from dinner - I shouldn't have cooked so much rice. Did SW KFC and onion rings for my boyfriend and he was quite impressed. He's not following SW, so he had a pile of oven chips with it too :)

Might have an ice cream later if I get snackish - got half a HexB left too so could have an Alpen light bar with it. We'll see :)

:) Saturday

Breakfast - Alpen light bar (HexB)

Lunch - tomato pasta n sauce on jacket potato with 2 x babybels (HexA)

Snack - banana
snackajacks (4.5 syns)

Dinner - three bean chilli with rice and grated cheese (HexA)
Slice of mixed berry cheesecake (6 syns)

Total syns: 10.5

My sister and her hubby came round for dinner so I thought I'd try a dessert:
Made a cheesecake recipe from a 'Just desserts' booklet that came with the mag quite a while back...sugar-fee jelly crystals, gelatine, muller light, quark, strawberries and raspberries on a digestive / marg base. It worked brilliantly, set and came out of the cake tin perfectly so looked amazing on the serving plate! Bit more wobbly (jelly-like) than cheesecake should be but at only 6 syns for a slice it was very impressive for a treat :) :)
I might take a picture of the rest of it and post it tomorrow if I can work out how :)

Yum that cheesecake sounds wonderful - would love to see a picture.

Here we go...:)

Berry burst cheesecake

Serves 8, 6 syns per slice

You need:
8 digestive biscuits
57g low fat spread suitable for baking (e.g. Flora light)
1 sachet sugar-free raspberry jelly crystals
1tbsp powdered gelatine
2 x 190g pots smooth vanilla Muller light yoghurt
198g Quark
4-5tbsp artificial sweetener
397g mixed berries

Method:
1. Melt the low fat spread in a pan. Crush the digestives and mix with the melted spread. Spoon into the base of a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin and press down firmly. Chill in the fridge until needed.

2. Make up the jelly with 142ml boiling water. Stir in the gelatine and set aside to cool.

3. When jelly is cool, place in a food processor with the yoghurt, quark, sweetnener and half the berries. Whizz until smooth and pour over the biscuit base. Cover and chill overnight.

4. Remove from cake tin to serve, arranging mixed berries on top. Dust with icing sugar.

I only used raspberries and strawberries and didn't decorate the cake, but just served them with the cake. It was yum :)

Attachments

• CIMG1261.jpg
    CIMG1261.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 47
Mmm that looks delish. Trouble is I wouldn't be able to make it until I have people over for food - otherwise I'd end up eating half of it probably!!

Hiya hun - wow, look at that cheesecake, looks amazing! Hows the cycling going? Useful tool for you is this website www.walkjogrun.net isn't fab as you can plot your exact route and work out how far you're going. I'd estimated my route as about 3.5 miles, but was actually 6!

x

Thanks Sarah! It was good but quite sweet so actually 1/8 of it was enough - I braced myself when I made it by telling myself I could always have 1/4 of it if I REALLY wanted to, for 12 syns ;)
Plus, I had my skinny sis over for dinner (half an inch shorter than me and 4.5 stone lighter!!) so I managed to exercise some restraint! :) :)

Thanks Lou, will check that out, it is hard to work out how far you've been on a map with all the twists and turns - I reckon the circuit I've been doing is about 5 miles...enough to make my legs (and backside!) feel it! I will check though and get it posted :)

:) Sunday

Breakfast - fat free fromage frais, sweetnener, raspberries, strawberries and crumbled Alpen light (half HexB)

Lunch - low fat supernoodles and sweetcorn

Dinner - Baked sweet potato, leftover mixed bean chilli and grated cheese (HexA)
Leftover cheesecake (6 syns)

Think I'll have a fibre plus later as I've not been very good at getting my 2 HexBs lately. WI tomorrow, crossing my fingers for 2lb but would be happy with 1 I guess...:) :)

Lost 1.5lbs! Happy enough, but now need just half a pound more off to get my half stone award.
Keeping my fingers crossed for 2lb off next week which will get me my award and also take me into the 12s (12 stone 13.5 but still...;) ).

Just out of interest, I am going to try and calorie count ALONGSIDE SW this week. It won't be very precise, but calorie counting is something I've never done and it might help me put my MASSIVE portions into perspective.

:) Monday

Breakfast - banana mid morning (95kcal, 0.3g fat, 3.1g fibre)

Lunch - pasta salad - 200g dry weight wholewheat pasta (650kcal, 5g fat, 18g fibre), cucumber (9kcal, 0.6g fibre), mixed leaves (10kcal, 0.3g fat, 1g fibre), 1tbsp tesco lighter choice reduced fat caeser dressing (2 SYNS!! 9kcal, 0.2g fat)
apple (56kcal, 2.4g fibre)

Snack - fibre plus bar (HExB; 111kcal, 3.5g fat, 5g fibre)

Dinner - spaghetti (100g dry weight wholewheat - 325kcal, 2.5g fat, 9g fibre) with SW pesto (lemon juice, quark, garlic and basil: 57kcal, 0.2g fat) and vine tomatoes (42 kcal, 0.9g fat, 3.3g fibre) and a wee bit of parmesan (HexA 27kcal, 2g fat)
Last slice of SW cheesecake (6 syns - calories???) with one big fat strawberry and 4 raspberries

Snack - mini babybel light (Hex A 42kcal, 2.4g fat)
Weetabix oaty bar (HexB 85kcal, 8g fibre)
minimilk (1.5syns 30kcal, 0.7g fat)

I am shocked that a tablespoon of dressing with 9 calories and 0.2g of fat can count as TWO SYNS!!! Seems like a proper rip-off.

Total syns: 9.5
Total calories: about 1600 + cheesecake ;)

Wow congratulations on your loss really well done!!
(also well done on making the cheesecake last as long as you have done!)xx

Thanks Lou...I just looked in my SW book and it said 'caeser dressing, reduced fat - 2syns per tablespoon' Grrr.

I don't know how anyone can do calorie counting as a diet - it's blinkin' time consuming weighing everything and looking up the nutrition. TBH, I think it's likely to make many people eat ready meals by preference since the calories and fat are marked on the side! But there we go, still an interesting exercise for a couple of days just to make me more aware of the content of my regular diet :)

Did you know that fry light do a ceaser dressing spray? haven't tried it but as I understand it it's free!!!!

:) Tuesday

Breakfast - banana mid-morning (95kcal)

Lunch - leftover pasta (325 kcal), pesto from last night (57 kcal) and vine tomatoes (42 kcal)
Choc fudge alpen bar (HexB 63 kcal)
Apple (56kcal)

Snack - cherries (51kcal)
Summer fruits alpen light (HexB 61kcal)

Dinner - chickpea and tomato casserole (384kcal - I did the math ;) ) with grated cheese (HexA approx 130 kcal)

Total syns so far: 0
Total calories so far: approx 1270

....:eek: wowsers, that's hardly any.
Need to have another HexB and some syns - best get to it! :) :)

Update - had a slice of wholemeal toast with marmit (HexB) and a Solero (Oh my, what a wonderful 5 syn treat :))

Last edited:
Thanks Sally, I've seen it advertised in the SW mag but I have NEVER seen it in any supermarket. I'd buy gallons of the stuff if I could find it and it was any good ;)
How are you getting on? :)

Yes positive thanks Chops :)

This place has really helped me today it just passes the time so quickly and have been working on sanding the floor in my spare room tonight - well during the 2 hours I usually have my bad cravings for wine 6pm-8pm.

I ALWAYS see it and don't know if to buy it! How annoying - next time i spot it I will let you know which supermarket it is....and I'll buy some and let you know if you are wasting your time looking lol

Back