Advice from anyone doing 790

Lana

Im a former LL and switched to CD a few weeks ago and Im struggling.:(

I had my hen weekend 3 weeks ago which involved lots of food and drink........then because I fitted into my small wedding dress I decided to quit CD.......big mistake as I then gained 7lbs and my dress didn't fit me anymore! I get married 3 weeks today! :eek:

Dress now fits but Im still wanting to lose a bit more before we go away in two weeks (were marrying in Italy) as I know I'll gain a few lbs being away a week before the wedding.

Am really struggling with SS and don't want to cheat so Im think of 790. How much weight approx do you lose per week? Is it much different to SS?

You see...I'm not so quick to be saying change over.

The losses can be similar...BUT it really can vary depending on how sensitive you are to ketosis. If you get kicked out of ketosis by the extra milk you have to have on 790 you will find it mega difficult. Obviously the calorie deficit is not as large on 790 than on SS so the losses will be on the whole, smaller. Thats just how losing weight works.

Can I ask Lana....why are you struggling on SS? what exactly do you mean?

Do you really think that having to control your food intake will sort this struggle? Personally if I was able to do portion sizes properly I would have been sorted years ago.

I'd have a think about it and think about why you want to change....if its a mental thing, can you conquer it? and what happens if you do go on to it? do you really think it will be controlled? I'm never sure.

xx

It is true that you have to be strict with portion sizes. I recently was and lost 1st in a month. I was also in ketosis by day 3. Maybe I'm lucky. On the occasions that I add things to it that I shouldn't have - of course its messed with my weight loss. That's to be expected. Generally speaking most of the people I have on 790kcal who are being strict lose the weight. Those that add cake - don't.

It's also true that SS can be a darn sight easier to stick to because you don't even have to think about food. But one of the points about the food plans is that everyone has to start eating at some point.

Think about your goals, how much you want to lose and how much time you have to lose it.

Im struggling because I want to eat food! My CDC thinks I'll find it easier if I do 790 or even 1000. :confused:

I suppose I only have two weeks of SS to contend with then I'm away for our wedding/honeymoon. I can then have time to think about what to do on my return.

I think I have another stone to stone and a half to lose (keep changing goal).

:)

Hiya,

Give 790 a go...It's fab. I can't compare to SS but I know my losses were good while I was sticking to it. I don't use my milk now after CD failed to give me scientific reasons why is was important. I don't need the extra calories cause I'm using it for weight loss not mainantance. I am already getting 100% RDA from the packs plus extra protein in the chicken. I know CDCs disagree, but it works for me. My hubby uses his milk allowance though and gets excellent results plus stays in ketosis.

I say go for it. If you follow the plan you'll do great. Good Luck

Tx

Oh well..I don't know Lana. In the end it's really up to you. 1000 is hard, I can tell you that one.

On one hand....you have the prospect of going off the rails completely and eating like a nutter....but you might not, it might all be in your head and it might be something you can fight but on the other hand you might do really well on 790 - but that has its pros and cons as well.

I do hope you have a lovely wedding though!!:D

Just a quick point about the milk .......I do think it's different if you CHOOSE to go on 790, as in you have quite a bit of weight to lose as you can get away with it. If you are going up the plan you really do need that extra protein to help protect lean muscle mass. Plus, I'm not going to assume that I know better than the EU guidelines - which is what Cambridge follow. I think they have more knowledge than me and I'm sure they have their reasons:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Im struggling because I want to eat food! My CDC thinks I'll find it easier if I do 790 or even 1000. :confused:

I suppose I only have two weeks of SS to contend with then I'm away for our wedding/honeymoon. I can then have time to think about what to do on my return.

I think I have another stone to stone and a half to lose (keep changing goal).

:)

Changing goals - boy do I know what that ones like. I have a feeling I shouldn't lose anywhere near as much as I think I may want to. But I won't know until I get there.

The way I see it is you've got two choices. Either you bite the bullet and say no food until your wedding. Where in two weeks you'll lose say half a stone - which is my average for two weeks, might not be yours. Or you very strictly do 790kcal for that time and see what happens. Its a tough decision only you can make. Nicole is right - it can be hard to stick to the food plans, but you are going to have to tackle that sometime. At the moment I'm finding it hard. (Late night cheese habit!) Hence maintaining at the moment. Even though my weight is as low as it has been for say about a year.

Oh

Just a quick point about the milk .......I do think it's different if you CHOOSE to go on 790, as in you have quite a bit of weight to lose as you can get away with it. If you are going up the plan you really do need that extra protein to help protect lean muscle mass. Plus, I'm not going to assume that I know better than the EU guidelines - which is what Cambridge follow. I think they have more knowledge than me and I'm sure they have their reasons:rolleyes:

Hiya Coley,

I thought they'd have their reasons too, so I emailed and asked them what they were. They said much the same as you - extra protein and calories, but I really cannot stomach milk and they said if that was the case then have the extra calories elsewhere...I don't need the extra calories!! I'm not suggesting that everyone should do that but I feel it's right for me until someone gives me valid reason. Sorry to disagree with you. I'm not a CDC and so I'm only giving my opinion.

I'm still a big 790 fan and I can't help but praise it...I find it easy to stick to (most of the time) and I stay in ketosis. But I've been thinking about it and I suppose everyone is different and I can understand why some people may find it difficult. Maybe 2 weeks before your wedding, Lana, isn't the best time to experiment?

Good Luck whatever you decide.

Tx

Back