Advice/help please.

I've just started (again) and this time I'm determined to reach target weight. My difficulty is I have a week's holiday planned in three weeks and although I'm intending to enjoy the break I don't want to pile on any weight I'll have lost between now and the start of the holiday. Is it possible to switch to atkins type diet of very very low carbs and still lose weight or am I kidding myself that the weight won't go back on?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

When I find myself cheating a bit too much (every 1.5 to 3wks or so!) then I decide instead of picking at "bad food" I'll go high protein low carb for a week. I've done it 3 or 4 times in the past, and I've always either stayed the same or more usually, made a good loss! I've certainly never put on weight that way. Of course everybody's different, but it works for me, and from what I gather people on diets with an add a meal week generally seem to lose more weight that week.

I think if you go low carb (or no carbs but that's not always practical) and dont add the kind of fats that Atkins allows, you should be fine and may even lose that week. If you can be active on holiday then that'll help too. The thing to decide now is about alcohol. If you're going to want to drink on holiday then you'll need to be out of ketosis to do that, which will involve eating carbs.

Thanks for the advice. I think I probably would want to drink alcohol, actually forget that, I know I want to drink alcohol. I had thought I could try to stay in ketosis and just have the odd vodka and coke zero. Would that be a possibility?

Back