Step 1 Sole Source Advice needed - Health query...

Beebuzz

hi all! so im in my third week and 11pounds down. so happy with the progress and hoping to get my stone by the end of this week. hows everyone doing??

quick question though, im not sure if this is diet related but my heart beat has gone funny in the last 3days. Every few beats it seems to beat quite hard. its not sore or uncomfortable but its a strange feeling. almost as if my hearts skipping a beat or im being dropped? hard to explain but would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this while on the diet. if not maybe i should get it checked at the doctors...

I think rather than follow any advice you get on here, you need to see your doctor. It's probably nothing to worry about but for anything like that you need a professional medical opinion.

I would notify your consultant as soon as and pop along to your nearest walk in centre. It could be anything. Are you drinking enough water?

thanks. i probably havent drank enough water today due to a busy day, could that be the reason? i contacted out of hours doctor and my heart rates under 100beats/min so its nothing to worry about i think.

It sounds like palpatations, although I'm not sure its related to the diet.. And I'm not a dr so if it keeps happening consult your doc. I had palpatations the other night but I wasn't on the diet then, I agree it feels really strange and awful :( I was having a stressful night at the time I think that's why mine happened x

Thanks, i have made an appointment with my doctor for this afternoon. I hope she doesnt tell me to come off the diet as im on a roll with it. I have a very stressful job and the palpitations have got worse this morning so im thinking its linked to stress. hopefully anyway!

good luck x

When you dont drink the recommended 2.25ltrs (more than this if you are having bars or tetras) of fluid it can have all kinds of negative effects on your body. Your body may be dehydrated, when you are dehydrated it can affect the mineral levels in your body, in your case your body may be stressed causing palpatations. I am not a doctor, but if it continues go and see your gp. Speak to your consultant, maybe a higher calorie plan would be better for your body.

Back