Advice needed please...

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by JoJo-T-to-be, 27 July 2011 Social URL.

1. JoJo-T-to-be

JoJo-T-to-be Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World @ home
    Hi there,

I'm after some advice on WW please. It's for my mam. I'm actually on SW but my mam doesn't like a lot of the "free" food so I dont think it would be easy for her to do.

I did do WW a few year ago when it was just normal points but now it's propoints I'm not sure what they are! If someone could give me a brief explanation of how it works that would be great! If it seems ok for my mam she's going to join the group.

My mam doesn't like spicy food and isn't a fan on fancy herbs as she calls them but at the same time she gets a bit fed up of eating the same things!

Any advice anyone can give is greatly appreciated! She gained her weight when she stopped smoking a few year ago, which I'm really proud of her for as she was a heavy smoker! I would love to be able to help her feel happier with her shape! She works out on the road as a home carer so often has to eat on the go!

Thanks in advance!x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AGlasgowGirl

AGlasgowGirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(18.14%)
    Diet:
    WWatchers
    As far as i can tell, propoints are similar to points but have different values. I think you get more of them to 'spend' as well. Fruit and most veg is free, and everything else has a propoints value.

4. georgina2930

georgina2930 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.52%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    u get ur daily points depending on age and weight etc and u get a extra 49 points to use for what ever u want hun x

5. JoJo-T-to-be

JoJo-T-to-be Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World @ home
    Thanks for your replies.

My mam is 58 and I think she's about 11.5 stone...any ideas how many she'd be allowed? Does everyone get the extra 49 points? On top of daily allowance? That's good! :)

6. zebredy

zebredy Sci-Fi Geek

Diet:
    WW
  7. georgina2930

georgina2930 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.52%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    not shure on her dialy points but yes everyone does get the 49 really does help x

8. JoJo-T-to-be

JoJo-T-to-be Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World @ home
    Thanks for the link zebredy that was most useful! I think WW is the way forward for her!x

Thanks Georgia I can imagine they do come in very handy! ;) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.